Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Finally took the time to find a bunch of randoms to raid with and got up to Warpriest. At which point we wiped over and over again for two hours because "okay knights are dead, EVERYONE OFF THE PLATES" is really complicated apparently :shepicide:

This seems like it could be really fun if played on a fireteam that isn't 50% people who are infuriatingly horrible at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
LFG is a cess pool at this point only play with goons now

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
I don't usually have a big problem with LFG. You just need to be very, very scrutinizing. That being said, I joined a group last night that was 90% fine except for this 11 year old that was annoying as poo poo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's true, inspect everyone up front and if there looks to be at least two weak links then jump ship. People on LFG aren't your friends yet and your time is more important than theirs most likely

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I've tried to make LFG work for me but never had any luck even starting anything. Found this bunch on the100, which seems like it could be good sometimes? Got a couple of chill dudes who knew what they were doing a week ago when I needed people for CoE. After today, though, yeah, these things are a crapshoot.

Guess it's time to start playing with goons!!!

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Hello friends

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

sinking belle posted:

Finally took the time to find a bunch of randoms to raid with and got up to Warpriest. At which point we wiped over and over again for two hours because "okay knights are dead, EVERYONE OFF THE PLATES" is really complicated apparently :shepicide:

This seems like it could be really fun if played on a fireteam that isn't 50% people who are infuriatingly horrible at it.

That's sort of a blessing in disguise for you.
If they hosed up Warpriest so much, just imagine how loving atrocious Golgy would have been.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

sinking belle posted:

You hosed up by letting them get on the plates in the first place. Gotta yell "THAT'S a -100 DKP PENALTY!!!" every time you see one step on one when they're not supposed to.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
On a 20 kill streak in rift then got dumped to Orbit with Anteater.

gently caress you bungie

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
"someone should probably do something about rapp00...."

[Extremely bungie voice] "on it"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You've reached the top of the mountain. You can't play anymore, there's no one in your bracket. Git bad

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

On a 20 kill streak in rift then got dumped to Orbit with Anteater.

gently caress you bungie

stop pub stomping

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

He was forced to play with...Americans after that

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

41 kill game of Clash from yesterday: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

We still almost lost.

If i solo drop and get anything less than a 3.5 kd then it's pretty much a loss for my team. That's the spread.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Call of Cholula posted:

He was forced to play with...Americans after that

literally the worst thing that can happen tbqh

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
^^^^^

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

VanFullOfMidgets posted:

Is this about me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYJhWIwGUw

:siren: Real Post Alert :siren:

I'm real close to being done with destiny's crucible all together almost entirely because of the shotgun meta. Played two matches of trials last night, both teams had Titans with Juggernaut & Universal Remote rushing us down while other two swung in with their shotguns. It is absurdly infuriating because there is no effective hard counter to this playstyle anymore. I literally rage quit after two matches.

Then today playing doubles solo queue I ran into a team: http://destinytracker.com/dg/5244630878 who just ran around the map mopping up kills while they ignore the objective, they of course were maining shotguns the entire match. Which lead me to this moment http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/15ce2976-7e85-485e-84aa-e557100c825a , we won by capturing the objective in overtime, I should be stoked about winning such close match right? It just left a bad taste in my mouth.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
And if it's not that it's just sniping from the get go.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I havent played in months, is the last word and sniping still the best?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Obsurveyor posted:

gently caress did I waste my time? Farmed up 100 Legendary Marks and bought and leveled up the vendor Hawksaw and then I found this on another character which I totally forgot about :

Is that the IB vendor roll? If you can stand pulling for the faster rate of fire the Hawksaw is better than a Nerwin's without counterbalance.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

Hawksaw shoots faster than Nirwen's and that's the first IB of y2's vendor roll. It was the god roll before the December pulse changes but isn't really competitive anymore. Still a fun fun but the vendor hawksaw is way better in the current meta.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
It's almost like all that poo poo I said about the game having too many mobility options and combo moves turning every map into a shotgun fest was true.

I honestly miss old trials when everyone was using last word and thorn and final round spears ( :allears: ). At least it felt fair among the classes.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

sunday at work posted:

And if it's not that it's just sniping from the get go.

Plenty of ways to counter sniping.

Step one: stop wandering into sniping lanes
Step two: there is no step two. see step one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I havent played in months, is the last word and sniping still the best?

Pulse rifle w/ Shotgun is now the sweat meta but TLW and sniping is still really viable.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Finally got the touch of malice. I feel legitimate now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Booties posted:

Finally got the touch of malice. I feel legitimate now

Touch of phallus.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A Buff Gay Dude is Swag Bag 923 when he dies. What?! Has anyone seen this type of thing before?

In the same strike, Bushwookie was called Zombetrius when he died. My name was the same when I died.

http://i.imgur.com/LOP88we.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

moist turtleneck posted:

A Buff Gay Dude is Swag Bag 923 when he dies. What?! Has anyone seen this type of thing before?

In the same strike, Bushwookie was called Zombetrius when he died. My name was the same when I died.

http://i.imgur.com/LOP88we.gifv

I've seen it before. I have no idea what caused it. I was running strikes with some people and all the deaths were names of people we had never heard of. It was pretty weird and only lasted one strike.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Dopants posted:

I don't usually have a big problem with LFG. You just need to be very, very scrutinizing. That being said, I joined a group last night that was 90% fine except for this 11 year old that was annoying as poo poo.

Sorry man, I'll try to tone it down next time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hahaha way to seal your fate

http://i.imgur.com/rSZTsjA.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/xgSYpkO.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 17, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
BTard 4 lyfe

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Pulse rifle w/ Shotgun is now the sweat meta but TLW and sniping is still really viable.

Pretty much everything is viable right now, the game is in a pretty good spot.

Pick a snipe and a medium/short range primary, or a long range primary with a shotgun/fusion. It's nice to roll whatever suits your style.

A few archetypes are garbage, like slow firing AR's, but they aren't fun to use anyways.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Post your drinks tonight guardians, mine took a lot of silver to get. Because I won it with tickets because I'm an idiot

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

15 away from 5000 grimoire. Guess I play this game too much.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Got that from a cruicble rank up a few weeks ago, only just leveled it and tried it out. Not too bad. I like it more than my Eyaslunas and it's more stable than a hawkmoon. Not a world beater but I used it in a sweaty lobby on control on Memento and it did work at mid range, the damage fall off is gently caress all. The aim assist felt pretty high too, I wasn't on point early with it and still cracked a lot of headshots. Really good for those bodyshot/primary clean up snipes.

sureshot is / Rescue Mag / Rifled Barrell and LiTC

The pick 3 are Hand Loaded, Reinforced Barrel and Rifled Barrell. I find these handcanons OK to use but I find I miss my TLW in tight, its only saving grace is if you come across two or three enemies on a flank it's easier to get all three down than it is trying to manage a reload or looking to half mag someone and punch with tlw.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Got that from a cruicble rank up a few weeks ago, only just leveled it and tried it out. Not too bad. I like it more than my Eyaslunas and it's more stable than a hawkmoon. Not a world beater but I used it in a sweaty lobby on control on Memento and it did work at mid range, the damage fall off is gently caress all. The aim assist felt pretty high too, I wasn't on point early with it and still cracked a lot of headshots. Really good for those bodyshot/primary clean up snipes.

sureshot is / Rescue Mag / Rifled Barrell and LiTC

The pick 3 are Hand Loaded, Reinforced Barrel and Rifled Barrell. I find these handcanons OK to use but I find I miss my TLW in tight, its only saving grace is if you come across two or three enemies on a flank it's easier to get all three down than it is trying to manage a reload or looking to half mag someone and punch with tlw.

Thats pretty much the god roll. Range finder would of been the only improvement

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
So are purple handcannons actually good now? Next you'll be telling me the xbox one is a good console hahaha

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Post your drinks tonight guardians, mine took a lot of silver to get. Because I won it with tickets because I'm an idiot

Dat GT :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hey, I've got this exact one except it's a Byronic Hero.

• Locked thread