Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001

crazy cloud posted:

hosed, if true

No it is a place where his constituency actually eats and can be like hey guys I am just like you. Which explains why they didn't eat their food since they eat baby puree with fogra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Fox Ironic posted:

Any one else in the thread from the Pacific Northwest?

Both Al! and I are from Oregon, but are we the only ones from this corner of the US?

Washington is the greatest state(except our tax system is garbage).

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/754414387247493120

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Baloogan posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway
You work in my toilet. It's a waste of my time whenever I click on this.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Joementum posted:

If I were a deeply cynical person I might think the Chilis photo was deliberately staged.

Look at their plates. He and his wife have their napkins on them even though the food is barely touched and none of the guac has been used even though they must have ordered extra.

Then they get a pizza when they get back to Indiana.

Something fishy is going on in that photo...

https://twitter.com/wspieler/status/754429600785133568

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Hand Row posted:

No it is a place where his constituency actually eats and can be like hey guys I am just like you. Which explains why they didn't eat their food since they eat baby puree with fogra.

That doesn't work if you don't eat the food and go eat pizza right after your plane lands, though? They can't see you throw the deep fried oreo stuffed pork chop on a stick into a trash can, they have to see you eat the ghastly thing so we can make fun of the pictures like you Rick Santorum deep throating a corn dog

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
They finished their drinks and didn't get free refills. These are not Americans enjoying a sensibly priced meal.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Quesadilla Explosion Salad is not a menu item at Chili's, it is verses 581 through 721 of the Necronom.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

loving lol at this being called a "caricature"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Kurt Loder here with Dweezil Zappa, whose new album "Quesadilla Explosion Salad" comes out next week

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Please don't move to Oregon

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
His daughter isn't a vampire. That's not a mirror, there's another table over there with his body double/ sniper decoy enjoying a separate but identical meal

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This is actually endearing, stop it.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

FMguru posted:

Needs to be topped with a layer of crumbled potato chips to make it a proper garbage-tier flyover dish.

:cawg:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Please don't move to Oregon

lmao whole state has half the population of NYC

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

MadJackal posted:

This is actually endearing, stop it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the pence girls are kinda cute. shame about their terrifying madame tussaud's figure dad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

etalian posted:

that's actually a plus

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Half of US states have less than half the population of NYC. NYC has more people than all but the 10 most populous states.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

and twice as many white people per capita

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Does anyone have an explanation for her not showing up in the mirror because it's really loving with me

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Necc0 posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for her not showing up in the mirror because it's really loving with me

angle/leaning in front of the p in tp/cornfed midwestern vamp gal

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

If I were a deeply cynical person I might think the Chilis photo was deliberately staged.

Look at their plates. He and his wife have their napkins on them even though the food is barely touched and none of the guac has been used even though they must have ordered extra.

Then they get a pizza when they get back to Indiana.

Does that mean the VP pick announcement was sponsored by Chilis? Whoa if true

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Leviathan posted:

I'm not surprised Pence frequented a Chilis considering the following culinary abortion is one of Indiana's most famous dishes

INGREDIENTS
3 lb. Beef Roast
1 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1 bottle of beer or 12 ounces of beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 cups of water
1 pound of noodles

INSTRUCTIONS
Place beef roast in the crock pot and pour beer, onion soup mix and garlic over top. Cook overnight or 4 hours on high.
Remove any bones or excess fat and shred beef. Add mushroom soup and six cups of water and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Add 4 cups of water and noodles. Cook until noodles are softened. Add more liquid as needed.
Serve over mashed potatoes.

As a Hoosier, I have never seen this dish in my life. Looks more like a Kansas-tier culinary abomination to me but I suppose the flatlanders of central/northern Indiana might be driven insane in similar ways.

I gotta say though Chili's is a bit high class for Pence's target demo. Applebee's would be the safer choice and that's still dangerously fancy.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If you live in like, Indianapolis itself then Chilis is not exotic and is frowned upon.

However Pence lives in Zionsville IIRC, which means that he's exactly as bad as the worst stereotype unadventurous eater you could possibly imagine

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/754448087305756672

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

As a Hoosier, I have never seen this dish in my life. Looks more like a Kansas-tier culinary abomination to me but I suppose the flatlanders of central/northern Indiana might be driven insane in similar ways.

I gotta say though Chili's is a bit high class for Pence's target demo. Applebee's would be the safer choice and that's still dangerously fancy.

Ditto, it may be a rural poor person thing but I've never seen it in the flesh. Whenever "traditional Indiana cuisine" comes up it's ALWAYS in reference to either corn on the cob (Indiana corn is really good, coastal corn without exception has been terrible) or a big old tenderloin sandwich

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

Does that mean the VP pick announcement was sponsored by Chilis? Whoa if true

The boldest fundraising scheme of all time! :eyepop:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw you really wish you had a half rack of ribs

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
coastal corn

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Tainen posted:

Something fishy is going on in that photo...

https://twitter.com/wspieler/status/754429600785133568

I think you can see a bit of her hair.

e: no, never mind, when I looked at it closer, that's not hair.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

what the hell does it mean to "handle race relations"

is the president going to dictate how many black friends I can have

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

nice colonel sanders cosplay

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

If you live in like, Indianapolis itself then Chilis is not exotic and is frowned upon.

However Pence lives in Zionsville IIRC, which means that he's exactly as bad as the worst stereotype unadventurous eater you could possibly imagine

What can you do though, when the true fine dining establishments disappear from the Indiana landscape.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If Trump wins he will force his closest staff to send their daughters to Trump tower for security reasons.

He'll watch over them and make sure they are safe at all times.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

crazy cloud posted:

Quesadilla Explosion Salad is not a menu item at Chili's, it is verses 581 through 721 of the Necronom.

[in pence voice] WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND WORSHIPS CTHONIC FOOD DIETIES? NOT THIS GUY (reveals third fourth fifth hand oh my god he has more hands he has hundreds of hads)

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Trump slowly glides a pale and pockmarked tongue across the arid, coarse crevices of his lips as he slowly pushes a T into a wax seal on the "Trump Save Our Daughters Initiative" declaration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Bunleigh posted:

coastal corn

Flyover Corn helps build tough and strong real Americans. Coastal Corn contributes to the continuing feminization of men.

• Locked thread