Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The daughters will be kept in Trump tower to insure the loyalty of his White House staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It's true, when I go to visit my parents in ATL the corn there is loving poo poo, and it's worse and worse the further east you go

My dad gets mad every time it comes up because he likes to grill corn but doesn't like to grill inferior things

At this point though I think he'd be happy to toss a transmission in there if it means he gets to use his Big Green Egg

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Only the best rooms for the Daughters of Trump. Sure, there are bars on the windows, but it's for their protection. Besides, who doesn't want the finest, most expensive gold bars to protect them?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

jesus being god's son means we are all god's children

Not to disparage your faith or anything but I find this a little rich coming from someone who routinely disparages Latinos, crows about mass-murdering Muslims after a terror attack and posts "free harambe" whenever a black dude is shot down in cold blood

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

As a Hoosier, I have never seen this dish in my life. Looks more like a Kansas-tier culinary abomination to me but I suppose the flatlanders of central/northern Indiana might be driven insane in similar ways.

I gotta say though Chili's is a bit high class for Pence's target demo. Applebee's would be the safer choice and that's still dangerously fancy.

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_the_Midwestern_United_States#Indiana

Indiana

A popular dish seen almost exclusively in Indiana is sugar cream pie, which most likely originated in the state's Amish community. Persimmon pudding is also a favorite Indiana dessert very difficult to find outside of the Hoosier State.

The pork tenderloin sandwich, a sandwich of boneless pork loin that has been pounded flat, breaded, and fried, is a popular state food; Huntington is the likely first appearance in 1913.[13]:290 Beef and noodles is another homespun Hoosier dish.[34]

Frog legs are traditional in old-fashioned Indiana restaurants,[35] and brain sandwiches have a following.[36] Fried biscuits with apple butter are served at many restaurants in southern Indiana, as are fried-brain sandwiches.[citation needed]

Another fine example:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Civilized Fishbot posted:

what the hell does it mean to "handle race relations"

is the president going to dictate how many black friends I can have

not like there's a major movement involving race relations right now that the president weighs in after every incident

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

just ew if you're from the midwest, including Indiana

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Leviathan posted:

Another fine example:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOO

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

Necc0 posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for her not showing up in the mirror because it's really loving with me

It's just the angle. She's just almost-perfectly "behind" him in the mirror.
You can see her chin sticking out just below his.t

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Almost went a full day without a poll!

Virginia GE poll - Hampton University
7/6 - 7/10 - 805 RV

Trump 39
Clinton 39

Trump 41% fav / 53% unfav (-12)
Clinton 38% fav / 58% unfav (-20)

Is the candidate trustworthy?

Trump - 37% yes / 58% no
Clinton - 32% yes / 64% no

In 2012, Obama won VA by 4%

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 17, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

etalian posted:

The daughters will be kept in Trump tower to insure the loyalty to his White House "staff".

:wink:

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/754346986275352576

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Leviathan posted:

Another fine example:

eh just put some pepper on it and shove it into your gullet

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Al! posted:

caution this plate is hot enough to melt steel beams

:wow:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the only good midwest state is Minnesota

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

ahaha oh man what if trump tries to sue because his logo is too similar or some poo poo?

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

I don't know if I can fully throw my support behind him unless I know who's going to be his secretary of the interior

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

eh just put some pepper on it and shove it into your gullet

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I don't know if I can fully throw my support behind him unless I know who's going to be his secretary of the interior

you mean the sexretary bow chicka wow wow

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

It's true, when I go to visit my parents in ATL the corn there is loving poo poo, and it's worse and worse the further east you go

My dad gets mad every time it comes up because he likes to grill corn but doesn't like to grill inferior things

At this point though I think he'd be happy to toss a transmission in there if it means he gets to use his Big Green Egg

I feel like the west is getting unfairly lumped in with the east's shitass produce here

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This was a good troll story

http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/chuck-tingle-trolling-hugo-zoe-quinn-genius/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bunleigh posted:

I feel like the west is getting unfairly lumped in with the east's shitass produce here

I'd sooner believe you could find good corn in Fayettenam than you could anywhere in CA

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I like this guy

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I respect this man's dedication to his craft and can only assume he is making improbably large amounts of money from it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Leviathan posted:

Another fine example:

I've seen pork tenderloin sandwiches all the loving time and some sugar cream pies, but I have never seen the atrocity you are showing to me right now. That might be because I'm in Indianapolis and there's at least some frame of reference to be had, as there's some good restaurants to be found here; there's this Greek place called Santorini Greek Kitchen I go to a lot and it's pretty nice, and there's some upscale chain restaurants like Fogo de Chao and The Oceanaire.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

etalian posted:

This was a good troll story

http://www.dailydot.com/unclick/chuck-tingle-trolling-hugo-zoe-quinn-genius/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

so not getting all mod sassy or anything, but does this guy have a history of gamergate poo poo? wasn't around when it was a problem, so this seems a bit much if it's a funny article, we get sidetracked plenty here :v:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I wouldn't call Tingle an American Treasure, but he's definitely one of our better roadside attractions.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump got the twitter password back. :woop:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/754516280615501824

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I like when flyover people try to talk up their indistinguishable commodity wastelands

"our corn, we have the good corn, the better corn than sea people corn"

drat, sounds like I'm really missing out by living my life in the heart of western civilization. enjoy your coal biscuits and sugared lard pie and horse bicycles or w/e

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Eh honestly those Indiana dishes are just kind of like lovely versions of real food.

Midwestern cooking on the whole is like traditional northern/eastern European food as reconstructed by aliens unfamiliar with earth concepts such as "flavor" and "texture." you could probably turn that beef/noodle monstrosity into decent beef goulash with a couple changes!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lol

https://twitter.com/ScottBaio/status/754502435180118017?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i know an lady in her early 50s from rural ohio that doesn't like "spicy" food which includes putting black pepper in anything.

still makes amazing banana pudding, though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Y'all worry about the cuisine in your own backyards before you bitch about ours. The tides of molecular gastronomy and lovely foodie culture are marching their stormtroopers of deconstructed $60 hot dogs up and down the coasts and nobody is standing in their way

Anyway, regional cuisine is always simultaneously terrible and great because it's inherently tribal.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Chachi.

Somehow more embarrassing than Reagan.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
maryland, a coastal state eats softshell crabs

i love the state for the most part but holy poo poo how does anyone eat a deep-fried crab whole

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Epic High Five posted:

On the coasts store bought corn is terrible because it is old corn from the Midwest. Most farmers market corn is also bad because it isn't refrigerated and the sweetness starts to break down rapidly.

The best corn is grown in the garden and picked just before cooking. Tell your dad to get some silver queen in the ground and he'll be happy as poo poo with the results.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

Chachi.

Somehow more embarrassing than Reagan.

might as well get his friend bibleman while they're at it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I mean it'd be neat to see a horse bicycle but that's why god created youtube (ecclesiastes 8:15-17)

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/754520257641971714

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Leviathan posted:

I'm not surprised Pence frequented a Chilis considering the following culinary abortion is one of Indiana's most famous dishes

INGREDIENTS
3 lb. Beef Roast
1 Envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1 bottle of beer or 12 ounces of beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 cups of water
1 pound of noodles

INSTRUCTIONS
Place beef roast in the crock pot and pour beer, onion soup mix and garlic over top. Cook overnight or 4 hours on high.
Remove any bones or excess fat and shred beef. Add mushroom soup and six cups of water and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Add 4 cups of water and noodles. Cook until noodles are softened. Add more liquid as needed.
Serve over mashed potatoes.

This is my mother-in-law's special family recipe in southern Illinois. It's so goddamn bland and they glare at you when you reach for the ancient, dusty black pepper to help choke it down. And I'd still eat it every day over the abomination they call "Hollywood Chicken".

Edit: Don't click this recipe for your sanity, I beg you

Merrill Grinch fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 17, 2016

• Locked thread