Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

SKY IBU i hope you remember this tomorrow but i liked your skill guides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Berke Negri posted:

SKY IBU i hope you remember this tomorrow but i liked your skill guides

Mods pls name change to SKY IBU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's a testament to how popular JJ trek actually is (despite the handful of very vocal detractors both in game and on the official forums) that both the space and ground weapons from the kelvin box have are still so highly priced and low in available quantity.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

IT'S RUINING MY IMMURSHUN!

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Forum favorite mirrorchaos posted an I Quit thread-screed.

Edit: again, our usual channel got us a rare weekend post lock.

18 Character Limit fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 17, 2016

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Abrams can be paraphrased from several interviews as never having liked Star Trek, thinking it required too much thought for watching and not being flashy enough, and he also said he never intended his films to appeal to Star Trek fans. That, to me, says that these films are intentionally not Star Trek, and that naming them Star Trek is only meant to hurt the original and its spin-offs in the process.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Technical Analysis posted:

IT'S RUINING MY IMMURSHUN!

quote:

It's not immersion I'm worried about. The occasional lock box ship (with the possible exception of 8472 and temporal vessels) can be explained away as a prize taken in one battle or another, if you're worried about roleplay explanation.

This is, and people may or may not agree with me, a matter of what does and doesn't belong in a Star Trek game based on whether it is Star Trek or not. A Breen ship, a Tholian ship, the various non-canon custom vessels which some people love and others hate etc., they fit the bill of being Star Trek. Or for the non-canon ones, at they very least they're not taken straight from a film aimed at ridiculing, damaging or outright destroying Star Trek in the eyes of many fans.

There are good and bad things which have happened to Star Trek and this game over the years, but none other than Abrams Trek is this problematic, and seeing the ships from that film brings it up, makes it feel... I don't know, less fun. It's not an immersion issue

This person is literally triggered by certain digital spaceships

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Lo and behold, the images have been resized

https://wiki.wesleyguide.com/skillz_4_goonz

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The rainbow rifles are sparkletastic. Especially the one that leaves magic pixie dust everywhere. Here I thought the farty gun was the height of Mr. Designer's power.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

18 Character Limit posted:

Forum favorite mirrorchaos posted an I Quit thread-screed.

An idiot on the STO forums posted:

and then season 8 with the dinosaurs, utter foolishness in its best where the lead refuses to accept the blame for a real stinker of a content upload that was season 8
I love how spergs consistently have an absolute hatred of what was the single best update in STO's history. :raise:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Ok, so with the super xp weekend, what's the best way for my temporal recruit to quickly blitz out some ship traits? I don't quite have access to Argala yet.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Red alerts

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
More drunk posting

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Bloodly posted:

Well, let's see what this guide looks like.

Name on the Wiki is Bloodly.

As SKY COQ is apparently still hung over, I did the needful.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.
Shoot Tholians leave before the big ship blows up, repeat.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Which dumbass slotted the surplus fleet marks project on Dental when we had this talk less than a week ago, and didn't even have the grace to contribute? Come forward, so that an example can be made of you.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psycho Landlord posted:

Which dumbass slotted the surplus fleet marks project on Dental when we had this talk less than a week ago, and didn't even have the grace to contribute? Come forward, so that an example can be made of you.

psycholandlord: And I want you to not be a retarded mongoloid, but we don't always get what we want.

:toot:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

DancingShade posted:

psycholandlord: And I want you to not be a retarded mongoloid, but we don't always get what we want.

:toot:

Noted goonfucker Malificarr expresses distaste at word bullets, news at eleven.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

If you were trolling psycho by slotting that project, just say so. I get it. I pronounce .gif "jiff" only in Psycho's presence to set him off. He's fun to troll.

Trust me, this is totally a trick to get you to rat on yourself will be more hilarious if you let psycho know he's getting trolled. :v:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
One of these days he's gonna snap and there won't be anything you can do about it since he's been immunizing himself to stabbings.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I'm up to Bowie Knives now.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I'm ready to stand my ground.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Bullets are tiny, really fast knives though so you're hosed.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Korgan posted:

As SKY COQ is apparently still hung over, I did the needful.

Oops

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Technical Analysis posted:

If you were trolling psycho by slotting that project, just say so. I get it. I pronounce .gif "jiff" only in Psycho's presence to set him off. He's fun to troll.

Figures that drooling retard would get upset at proper pronunciation.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
In Star Trek Online S12, Neutral Zone violates YOU(RIP Chekov)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Bad news everyone:

rcassandrasaturn posted:

just a update. i'm closing all events and giveaways. even the Memorial Service is called off.

Reason: i'm too burned out on STO. i need a break. i can't deal with everything going on in STO at all.

i'm sorry.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Aleth posted:

Bad news everyone:

Chekhov is bigger than one man. Goons will do what Cassandon't.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Aleth posted:

Bad news everyone:

It's a girl thing, you wouldn't understand.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Aleth posted:

Bad news everyone:
Would anyone be willing to hold/organize a memorial + T6 Connie giveaway in their stead?

I could help provide the items for the giveaway if anyone is interested in doing this.

AotC
May 16, 2010

Aleth posted:

Bad news everyone:

I wonder how many giveaway lockboxs they opened before calling it off.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

fakemirage posted:

Would anyone be willing to hold/organize a memorial + T6 Connie giveaway in their stead?

I could help provide the items for the giveaway if anyone is interested in doing this.

Same

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

AotC posted:

I wonder how many giveaway lockboxs they opened before calling it off.
They mentioned opening 20 before running out of EC.

After that they tried to trade uncommon quality R&D material reward packages (those you get from running low level STFs) for keys in ESD Zone. They were asking for one key per pack.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like that plan was not entirely thought through.

Which makes sense considering whose plan it was.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Aleth posted:

Bad news everyone:

The supercollider super exploded.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Psycho Landlord posted:

Definitely wasn't me this time! :smaug:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
If we can get generous Wesleys to donate the Connie we should have a "Cassandra Saturn Doesn't Present Anton Yelchin and Leonard Nimoy Memorial Celebration and Giveaway"

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

If we can get generous Wesleys to donate the Connie we should have a "Cassandra Saturn Doesn't Present Anton Yelchin and Leonard Nimoy Memorial Celebration and Giveaway"
The Connie isn't an issue.

Are you interested in hosting a giveaway?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

They were just doing a connie? We should do one of each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They were going to give away a connie for their lovely wiki giveaway, only they didn't actually have one and were trying to get one via opening boxes that they didn't have many keys for.

• Locked thread