Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That episode was really sweet by the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
At first I thought you guys were being cheeky, like hurr a baby kicked his rear end because of a silly thing.

Then I saw the room and it's like

Goddamn. And that's just her being playful.

Also goddamn it, I know dragonballs make death a joke but I really hope Time Trunks gets a good ending.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Pan is strong enough as a baby that she could go into the time chamber and emerge a viable fighter :ssj:

I wonder if they are going to age her with time travel, or if they are just going to do "and 15 years later!" after this arc. There is no way they don't have some long term plans for Pan.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rutibex posted:

By the principal of power scaling, this places Baby Pan about in the same range of power as first form Frieza. Videl must have a hell of a time parenting, one temper tantrum and Pan could vaporize a city.

And that's why GREAT SAIYADAD isn't off trying to train with Goku and stuff. He has the world's strongest baby daughter to take care of.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Pan doesn't need to go Super Saiyan because she has the ultimate power

but that was seriously a good episode, I hope they use the Future Super Dragon Balls to restore Future Trunks' world, he deserves it

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

That episode was actually...touching.

And it finally sold Gohan as not fighting any more - he's so happy as super dad that I'm happy for him and want him to stay out of everything from now. on.

Dragon Ball Super is a good show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, if GREAT SAIYADAD wasn't there to keep Pan at bay we'd probably need the dragon balls even more, good thing the universe's greatest hero, Mr. Satan, is also there to handle Pan whenever Gohan's doing his nerd stuff.

I wanna be petulant to a few friends, there wasn't any time in which Trunks went to the stratosphere, right? specially not carrying three middle-aged people?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm glad Mr.Satan wears his championship belt at home while looking after his granddaughter.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, if GREAT SAIYADAD wasn't there to keep Pan at bay we'd probably need the dragon balls even more, good thing the universe's greatest hero, Mr. Satan, is also there to handle Pan whenever Gohan's doing his nerd stuff.

Don't forget Piccolo and Mr Buu. It really is a tag team effort to keep Pan from destroying the world before she learns why that would be a bad thing.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
That was probably my favourite episode of the entire series. It was like watching a tonne of heartwarming moments one after another.

I especially liked how furious Vegeta was about Black hurting his family. You wouldn't have seen that in Z. (Cell almost killing Trunks notwithstanding)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man, the moment where something pushes Gohan to loving Snap again is going to be goddamn amazing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dexo posted:

Man, the moment where something pushes Gohan to loving Snap again is going to be goddamn amazing.

his brother [who is an alien] shows up and kidnaps her.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Kild posted:

his brother [who is an alien] shows up and kidnaps her.

God drat it Goten.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Took me a long time to mentally go from "Gohan's brother? He doesn't have one, that'd be one hell of an asspull" to "oh yeah Goten exists" just then

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

that'd be one hell of an asspull

Not if he is half Saiyin half Yardratian (or half demonic snake woman) :wiggle:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 17, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there was no fighting this episode

so why do they keep loving up drawing the characters faces??????????????????

this is worse than the first season of jojo

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

Stairmaster posted:

not as hosed up as how bad your posting is.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

Just keep beating that dead horse why don't you

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

To truly understand the troll, you must become the troll.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The best episodes of DBS are the ones where it is about an aging family of superheroes instead of the ones about fighting.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

I enjoyed those shot of them working on the time machine where everyone was crosseyed

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Butterflysmasher posted:

I enjoyed those shot of them working on the time machine where everyone was crosseyed

Yeah, its pretty clear Bulma knows who the Pilaf gang are at this point. I don't think she would have had literal children help her fix a time machine, or expect them to know the names of exotic equipment.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 17, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I thought I had gotten used to Goku/Gohan's Japanese voice, but that flashback just made me relapse again. I guess this will just always happen whenever a new form of them appears.

Was bringing a sword to Gohan's house really necessary, Trunks?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Was bringing a sword to Gohan's house really necessary, Trunks?

He didn't change his clothes because he still expected to be ambushed by Black at any second. It takes a while to feel safe again after years of hiding, he basically has PTSD.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man between this and Macross Delta this is the most fun I've had watching new anime in years. Dragon Ball Super owns.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
To be fair to Trunks in all this, there's basically there was no way he was ever going to seriously fight a baby. She probably just wrecked the room while he tried to figure out how to get her to calm down.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This was a good and cute episode. I like that Trunks finally gets to see the 'future' he fought to save during the Cell saga since his own world just got continuously hosed. Some good growth for him.

When Gohan dies and Pan goes super saiyan it is going to be very sad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chickenfrogman posted:

not as hosed up as how bad your posting is.

Augus posted:

Just keep beating that dead horse why don't you

Aurora posted:

To truly understand the troll, you must become the troll.

fuckin lol

I've never seen such a high level of denial before.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

okay but

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dragonball Super has both lower highs and lower lows than original Z. To say otherwise is a blatant lie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Dragonball Super has both lower highs and lower lows than original Z. To say otherwise is a blatant lie.

Nah. The episode where Goku had to babysit Pan and deal with him getting older is legitimately one of my favorite Dragonball episodes ever and I'd put it easily in the top 5 Dragonball episodes period.

Super's highs are pretty drat high if you're interested in the characters and humor more than the fightin'.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

That has nothing to do with whether it looks good or not. They managed to draw everyone's faces properly during the driving school episode and yet this weeks which has basically zero action releatively speaking has at least one character off model in every frame.

I don't know why you're all settling for this when the two movies were already giving us what they wanted without looking like someones deviant art page.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It ain't pretty but it's still entertaining, so it's alright by me. It's a shame that it doesn't look very good, but I'll take it if we get more scenes like Trunks being unable to deal with a rowdy baby in the most brutal beatdown the show has ever seen.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

That has nothing to do with whether it looks good or not. They managed to draw everyone's faces properly during the driving school episode and yet this weeks which has basically zero action releatively speaking has at least one character off model in every frame.

I don't know why you're all settling for this when the two movies were already giving us what they wanted without looking like someones deviant art page.

because posting about it a year later isn't gonna do poo poo??

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That was probably my favourite episode of the entire series. It was like watching a tonne of heartwarming moments one after another.

I especially liked how furious Vegeta was about Black hurting his family. You wouldn't have seen that in Z. (Cell almost killing Trunks notwithstanding)

i like this too. it feels like dbz was actually all just setup for this. dbz, vegeta had a lot of character and personal growth. now we get to see how that plays out on a more mundane (but still threatening) scale, and the results are better than i could have ever dreamed. hell, now mr buu is their friend, as he was a majin that was himself a childlike destroyer god, but changes through friendship and love; kinda like Pan (except Pan doesn't start out randomly malicious).

Trunks trying mimic future Trunks with the hacksaw was great. This show is great. I say it every week. But it's Goddamn Two Thousand And Sixteen, and I'm excited about *new episodes* of Dragonball. Like, what is even happening?? We are living in the Best Timeline*.

* If you're a fan of dragonball.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

fuckin lol

I don't know anybody who's denyin anything

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's one thing to complain about the animation, but doing nothing else in this thread except coming in weekly to espouse that yes, it's still terrible serves no real purpose

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Stairmaster posted:

fuckin lol

dbs is great

jojo is great

you're bad

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Because the movies didn't actually give me a lot of the stuff I liked and expecting a television show to look like a movie is silly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Battle of Gods did give us Bingo Dance though.

• Locked thread