Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
So SF5 Top 8 winners are all 12-0 and the people in loser's bracket are all 11-1? That's an impressive amount of winning over the course of the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If you didn't realize, MKX's top 8 is on-going at the primary stream. Ultra David and Aris are on commentary duty. Audience is pretty much non-existent considering how early it is.

It's still amusing to me how the NRS fighters community seem like the only one who pause their game to skip right to the next match when the current one is nearly over.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

An oldie but goodie

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Woden posted:

I know Smash takes forever, I've been watching Evo for a lot of years and my bro was just relaying complaints from the Smash community AFAIK. I just wanted to know if those complaints from the Smash community were a real thing or just a few crazies I guess.

I hate Smash and would love to see it shut down for SF5 on ESPN, that would be amazing.

There are some fair complaints in what the smash community is talking about, but by and large it's them just complaining that things aren't going their way, and the second you suggest that they change their format or adjust they start crying about it and how they should take their ball and go home.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh man, Sonicfox already went to Errand Black! No trolling against Tekken Master apparently

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I love watching KBR in Marvel, especially when he won EVO. People were so upset.

My favorite part of that was Ricky and F.Champ and gang getting on Twitter about how disgusting it was that he won when they had all got knocked out way early.

Also it was pretty satisfying after him and F.Champ met prior and he just scumbag get out his Haggar with constant Magneto repulsion.

Shame about the whole lovely dude thing but all those guys are dirt bags too so he's in good company.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Voodoo posted:

So SF5 Top 8 winners are all 12-0 and the people in loser's bracket are all 11-1? That's an impressive amount of winning over the course of the weekend.

Winners are 10-0 or 11-0 depending on if they got a bye.

Losers varies because the earlier you lose the more matches you have to play.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ventana posted:

how they should take their ball and go home.

We can only hope.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sonicfox just gets up, pops off, and then *pew pew* :allears:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Good guy Sonic Fox gonna keep Evo on schedule by just 3-0ing everyone

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

How big it the SFV pool that its still going?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jarogue posted:

How big it the SFV pool that its still going?

It's not, sure you're not watching a restream?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Saoshyant posted:

Xrd
Winners bracket
Rion (Ky) vs. GGP|Kazunoko (Raven)
Machaboo (Sin) vs. Nakamura (Millia)

Losers bracket
Ogawa (Zato-1) vs. PG|MarlinPie (Zato-1)
Omito (Johnny) vs. TopGaren (Zato-1)

People are probably busy talking about MK and Marvel but I got excited looking at this so here's a few of my thoughts from what I saw from the top 32.

Rion has looked fantastic to me, he's just playing ultra clean. Nothing crazy, just always on point, but not in a boring way. He's just running pitch perfect.

Ogawa vs. MarlinPie is battle of the best Zato in Japan versus the best Zato in the US. Whoever wins that gets major bragging rights.

I like TopGaren because he looks like a hard motherfucker with hand tattoos. Plays pretty loose. Him sniping off i-No was a slick move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjc38PBdqA&t=5212s

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Commissar Ken posted:

Shame about the whole lovely dude thing but all those guys are dirt bags too so he's in good company.

Are there stories of him being a lovely dude? As far as I know he's just an incredibly cheap bastard who's kind of shameless about mooching off other people - otherwise seems like your typical mild-mannered dweeb. Not to say that's great but certainly no F-Champ for example

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The saddest image.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Every time I hear UltraDavid shout "HERE COMES BIG D" it makes me laugh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saoshyant posted:

The saddest image.

hello darkness my old friend

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Every time I hear UltraDavid shout "HERE COMES BIG D" it makes me laugh.

David loves the innuendos. He's fully aware of what he's saying. And that makes it even better.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

The saddest image.

Where's this from

Woden
May 6, 2006

Jarogue posted:

Where's this from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8HR8P16vk

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Jesus christ, Scar's Demolition Sonya is mesmerizing to watch :aaa:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

According to that graphic SonicFox had two spots in winners, which honestly would be fair imo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

dangerdoom volvo posted:

kbr is disliked because of the person he is, not how he plays marvel

I hate both

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

'daigo likes his female characters wearing clothes, he's not about the fan service'

Daigo is wise

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/ultradavid/status/754719255111708672

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Daigo is a Hunter player, so much for methodical play, eh?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

attackmole posted:

People are probably busy talking about MK and Marvel but I got excited looking at this so here's a few of my thoughts from what I saw from the top 32.

Rion has looked fantastic to me, he's just playing ultra clean. Nothing crazy, just always on point, but not in a boring way. He's just running pitch perfect.

Ogawa vs. MarlinPie is battle of the best Zato in Japan versus the best Zato in the US. Whoever wins that gets major bragging rights.

I like TopGaren because he looks like a hard motherfucker with hand tattoos. Plays pretty loose. Him sniping off i-No was a slick move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjc38PBdqA&t=5212s

RIon is my hero. <3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Help Im Alive posted:

'daigo likes his female characters wearing clothes, he's not about the fan service'

Daigo is wise
Daighalsim

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Haircuts cost 100 bucks in japan, wtf

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Tae posted:

Haircuts cost 100 bucks in japan, wtf

Abenomics.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/ESPN_Esports/status/754708338919690241

If there's a God, Bill Walton will be commentating SFV on ESPN2. I might watch if that happens.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Daigo with the Karin and Nina pick, truly the wisest man in the FGC.

Also I'm seeing more anti-airs here than I saw in SFV, hehe.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

C. Everett Koop posted:

If there's a God, Bill Walton will be commentating SFV on ESPN2. I might watch if that happens.

this is gonna be great

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should watch it anyways because sfv has been fantastic to watch this year

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bill Walton basically Zhi in commentary

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
I'm excited that s2j, my favorite falcon, made it to top 8 of super smash brothers melee :-)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

C. Everett Koop posted:

:pray:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

A guy from Bahrain gets second place at an American dominated event, that's pretty cool. That Scar guy with DM Sonya was fairly entertaining to watch, too. Not too bad these MKX finals.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That was a really fun Loser's Final, too bad he's about to get 3-0'd by Sonicfox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
MKX is a game where two man do strings into 50/50 resets for three rounds and in the end, Sonicfox wins.

• Locked thread