Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, it's basically a magic sword by now.

It was always a magic sword, or guts is magic, either or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It clangs when it hits ghosts.

Just think about the mechanics at play there.

Killer ghosts are pretty metal, though.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i knew that apostle looked familiar, he's from volume 14

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's kind of weird that they're making continuity for the Count of all people with the Keeper of the Hounds. Is Theresa going to show up next and trained to kill Guts or what?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

A pokemon! :neckbeard:

Also this show is bad, real bad. What is pacing. What is anime.

e: also that dog sfx reused a hundred times, it was also in Dark Souls but idk what animal it actually is

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 16, 2016

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I'm watching at least the next episode just for Mozgus.

But yeah, this is pretty much trash and I'm only watching it to laugh at it.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I wished on that monkey paw for a Berserk anime that covered something besides the Golden Age, and I suppose this technically counts as that.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This episode made me cancel my Crunchyroll account.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was always a magic sword, or guts is magic, either or.

It wasn't always magic, Guts just killed enough magical things with it that it became saturated with blood and Eclipse Energy, so that over time, it became more effective at hitting supernatural things, like spookems.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Woebin posted:

This episode made me cancel my Crunchyroll account.

Right when mob psycho 100 is starting up???

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Last Celebration posted:

Right when mob psycho 100 is starting up???

Seriously if you are gonna cancel over Berserk sucking you're missing out

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i am going to watch all of this because its there

the mountain climb of anime

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gonna watch it but not be happy but I have a feeling all will be forgotten when the game comes out and is at least decent

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

"You're gonna play post eclipse casca and you're gonna like it!" ~ some pandering market team

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

"You're gonna play post eclipse casca and you're gonna like it!" ~ some pandering market team

That would be cool if her gameplay was her wandering around like a retard and all the mooks are actually killed by the demon fetus who follows her

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

That would be cool if her gameplay was her wandering around like a retard and all the mooks are actually killed by the demon fetus who follows her

She can still sort of fight, she just doesn't really control it. So a style of accidentally tripping with swords or pushing monsters/people into sharp objects or off cliffs.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Crabtree posted:

She can still sort of fight, she just doesn't really control it. So a style of accidentally tripping with swords or pushing monsters/people into sharp objects or off cliffs.

Playing as a strong female character that could fight alongside any male character in her own right with brain damage that turns her into generic moeblob #738 is the saddest thing I can imagine.

So it's perfect for a Berserk game I guess

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This week at least, Mob Psycho went free after a couple of hours so you might not really need crunchy for it

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Alternate universe black swordsman caska would own.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Zasze posted:

Alternate universe black swordsman caska would own.

I wish that there was at least some awesome fan art of this, but all I can ever find is genderflipped-guts in chainmail bikinis.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Of course people would do that with guts. But chainmail bikinis aren't :black101: enough for guts rage.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
For a series that is ok with unbelievably brutal violence, has statements made by horses raping women, and just overall brutal mentality about the world, you would think nipples wouldn't actually be a sticking point. As it stands, I'm glad I am watching Barbie: Malibu After Dark.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Wrist Watch posted:

Playing as a strong female character that could fight alongside any male character in her own right with brain damage that turns her into generic moeblob #738 is the saddest thing I can imagine.

So it's perfect for a Berserk game I guess

Well she also hasn't been training like guts fighting monsters every goddamn night so maybe rusty too. It's gonna be kind of sad or cute if she ever gets better and the first thing she tries to do is swing a sword with who knows how many years out of shape arms working against her - yet still be in better shape than Guts after his latest fight in the armor.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Crabtree posted:

It's gonna be kind of sad or cute if she ever gets better and the first thing she tries to do is swing a sword with who knows how many years out of shape arms working against her - yet still be in better shape than Guts after his latest fight in the armor.
? Half way through the process she remembers she hated his guts, then kills him before realizing what she's doing? Then she remembers the rest and Behelits to Griffith, then refuses to accept apostlehood and gets sucked into the vortex. Griffith becomes terribly offended that he couldn't save her from fate of his own making, and decides to sacrifice everyone in Falconia to try to bring her back. Godhand descends into Falconia to have a feast of epic proportions. Griffith realizes Casca is lost and the Godhand aren't actually helping him, so he blame-stabs the heart. The vortex sucks up the Godhand and all of Falconia, which becomes the new 'fallen city' filled with sacrifices. The heart is revealed to be alive, pulls Casca from the vortex, and elevates her to status as first Godhand.

That's certainly better than Guts connecting to Casca for the memory recovery process, and having her "kill his dog demon" as part of her and his "return to fullness". The have a son (named Griffith) and daughter (Shierke) and adopt a puppy (Judeau). Isidro becomes pissed that he didn't learn all the secrets and becomes Black Swordsman Junior, trained by Serpico, and Farnese and Shierke rule the world as the two spiritual queens with their boytoys. All goes well until Guts and Casca are out for the day and their children are set upon by apostles. And we all know what apostles do to children. Skull Knight saves them (afterwards, of course, how convenient) and takes them away from their bad parents without ever telling Guts/Casca what happened. Story repeats as "Children of Berserk".

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

? Half way through the process she remembers she hated his guts, then kills him before realizing what she's doing? Then she remembers the rest and Behelits to Griffith, then refuses to accept apostlehood and gets sucked into the vortex. Griffith becomes terribly offended that he couldn't save her from fate of his own making, and decides to sacrifice everyone in Falconia to try to bring her back. Godhand descends into Falconia to have a feast of epic proportions. Griffith realizes Casca is lost and the Godhand aren't actually helping him, so he blame-stabs the heart. The vortex sucks up the Godhand and all of Falconia, which becomes the new 'fallen city' filled with sacrifices. The heart is revealed to be alive, pulls Casca from the vortex, and elevates her to status as first Godhand.

That's certainly better than Guts connecting to Casca for the memory recovery process, and having her "kill his dog demon" as part of her and his "return to fullness". The have a son (named Griffith) and daughter (Shierke) and adopt a puppy (Judeau). Isidro becomes pissed that he didn't learn all the secrets and becomes Black Swordsman Junior, trained by Serpico, and Farnese and Shierke rule the world as the two spiritual queens with their boytoys. All goes well until Guts and Casca are out for the day and their children are set upon by apostles. And we all know what apostles do to children. Skull Knight saves them (afterwards, of course, how convenient) and takes them away from their bad parents without ever telling Guts/Casca what happened. Story repeats as "Children of Berserk".

Is this a funny reference to something or do you just never need to be allowed near any kind of writing instrument.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Diabetic posted:

For a series that is ok with unbelievably brutal violence, has statements made by horses raping women, and just overall brutal mentality about the world, you would think nipples wouldn't actually be a sticking point. As it stands, I'm glad I am watching Barbie: Malibu After Dark.

It's kind of like how you can show Hannibal Lecter slicing a woman in to thin strips and displaying her in glass on US TV but nipples are illegal. You can get away with a lot more nudity on Japanese TV but actual nipples are still out.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
It's such a shame that the sections that are standard anime are really nice looking but then switch back to animation that would make Reboot look good today. The pacing on this show is really weird too, we're already on volume 18-20(?) for the Tower of Conviction arc. Anyone that is watching this right now with no prior knowledge is already saying "WTF is this?" Although I feel like too that Berserk has been around for such a long time that people watching it really are just fans of the manga so the narrative of the show isn't that confusing to them.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Guessing from the two big black censor bars this last ep, and the lack of colored areolae in the last two at least, this show's gonna have an uncut DVD/BR release to show the high quality animation off. Well, at least show the probably awkwardly modeled and hairless female genitals if not colored nipples. How they'd be a worth a second watch I have no idea yet. However if violence starts getting dumbed down later, then we'll know.

Overall episode wasn't nearly as bad as you guys painted it out to be, but it's still fairly mediocre. I'll keep watching, though mostly as a snack to tide me over until new chapters.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It was bad and poorly made. It's like watching a ps2 cutscene except worse voice acting and it's longer.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Mozgus is going to be the exception to this rule.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I would be kinda hard to gently caress him up but I'm expecting it.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

It was bad and poorly made. It's like watching a ps2 cutscene except worse voice acting and it's longer.

Nah, they had better animated PS2 cutscenes even when the console came out. The animation studio behind this adaptation had never done CG, period, from what I've researched.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

bman in 2288 posted:

Nah, they had better animated PS2 cutscenes even when the console came out. The animation studio behind this adaptation had never done CG, period, from what I've researched.

Links please. I want to see the resume behind the studio that doesn't understand offset curves or ease.

Also even the 2D closer section to Ep3 was lacking. Like 6fps/fours or something if that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Does anyone know how these people got chosen?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

Lowest bidder.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

We spent quite a bit on the licence, who are the cheapest dudes that can animate this?

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
A money laundering scheme perhaps.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

Links please. I want to see the resume behind the studio that doesn't understand offset curves or ease.

Also even the 2D closer section to Ep3 was lacking. Like 6fps/fours or something if that.

Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

drilldo squirt posted:

I would be kinda hard to gently caress him up but I'm expecting it.

They'll spend all their man-hours and budget making Mozgus looks like a perfectly normal human being.

Or just get some average-looking guy off the street and rotoscope him.

What's "animation production?" Is this the first actual show they've done themselves?