Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There's a Ky at my locals who regularly kicks my rear end using the analog stick on a DS4. I just assumed he was using the d pad until one day I looked at his hands and was like what the hell man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broly legs plays with his tongue. Anything is possible

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There was also a guy with one hand who made it out of pools I think

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I was a teen I had never played a fighting game before and figured I'd start with Third Strike (I heard it was the best) and got some PS2 SF collection to bring to a friends house. Friends older brother stopped by while we were setting up and was like "Holy poo poo you guys are actually playing Street Fighter? I'm proud of ya!" before challenging us. Friend backed down but I stuck around and got my rear end beat because that dude loved him some Street Fighter.

All I knew was how to toss fireballs as Ryu/Ken and do the Tatsumaki. The Shoryuken motion didn't make much sense to me so whenever I actually pulled it off was amazing. We went on for like a hour and I only won 3-4 games of it but a highlight was my friend (and another pal of his that showed up halfway in) going "wow those two guys really love fighting games they're both really good!" while I'm sitting there button mashing trying to get the combos to come out.

That's my Street Fighter Story thank you.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When I was a teen I had never played a fighting game before and figured I'd start with Third Strike (I heard it was the best)

what hell hath brian wrought

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I got into the top 50 hugos and I mostly used a 360 pads analog stick. Gotta churn that butter.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Juri just got announced as the next DLC guy at the end of this month.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Go gently caress yourself Ono. Didn't he just announce a DLC for like 30 bucks too?

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Allot of people are waiting for her.

I started liking Ibuki even though my execution is inanely bad.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm going to buy + play Juri

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to main Juri even though I'll probably be even worse than how I've been maining Cammy. Forever scrub.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Go gently caress yourself Ono. Didn't he just announce a DLC for like 30 bucks too?

They're trying to do the dota2 thing where the DLC money boosts the pot of the Capcom Cup

It probably should've been $10-15 though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But Dota 2 has a fanbase

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also even though I hate Dota, at least it's not a trash game game, unlike -

<-

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Saint Freak posted:

But Dota 2 has a fanbase

also you can actually see the effect of buying the dlc

also the dlc has a way better value

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
SFV is starting if there are any fans of that in this thread.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Remember how Guilty Gear XRD just announced a DLC character,

coming out literally tomorrow,

for free.

Also a free balance patch that came out minutes after Top 8 ended.

Play Guilty Gear.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

revelator for pc when

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Remember how Guilty Gear XRD just announced a DLC character,

coming out literally tomorrow,

for free.

Also a free balance patch that came out minutes after Top 8 ended.

Play Guilty Gear.

I would but

Jack Trades posted:

revelator for pc when

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe i just like mike ross but the espn presentation of sfv has been great tv

Jack Trades posted:

revelator for pc when

Winter. Eurogamer leaked details recently

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just watched Nemo with Vega in Top 8, just cause I was curious about what a Top 8 Vego would look like...
I've literally seen nothing new there. It was just came 'ol poo poo I've done myself a million times just done infinitely more cleaner and cleverer (since he's a pro and I'm a scrub).
Same Mp poking, same lk-ing when under pressure, same claw ditching at the start of the match. I almost fell asleep half-way through.
Whole game is so loving linear.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Joe Tried :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

Just watched Nemo with Vega in Top 8, just cause I was curious about what a Top 8 Vego would look like...
I've literally seen nothing new there. It was just came 'ol poo poo I've done myself a million times just done infinitely more cleaner and cleverer (since he's a pro and I'm a scrub).
Same Mp poking, same lk-ing when under pressure, same claw ditching at the start of the match. I almost fell asleep half-way through.

Welcome to the world of Street Fighter FAIHV

(also yeah, that's how I feel)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
SFV owns

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I get this feeling when watching Nash and Chun too, even as someone with limited knowledge, all of the matches seem really samey.

Doesn't help that most of these are mirrors.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
anyone thinking of picking up sfv based off EVO a word of advice :

Don't

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint: Once you actually get into a match it's pretty fun if it doesn't lag (although you will never know if it lagged for the other person :shobon:)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Get it on sale imo

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I'm actually a little happy that they're doing EVO in Japan because it'll only be a 1 hour flight from here and the whole 13-hour flight to Las Vegas thing + expensive hotels there is a huge turn off for me.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Man, even modern MK is more exciting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I will never cheer a Nash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Man, even modern MK is more exciting.

nah

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0lCdx-3Qo

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Im obviously exaggerating, just so sick of Nash.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

Don't

Also, KOF 14 demo comes out on tuesday, Try that first. If thats not to your taste, play Xrd. if you dont like anime, play KI, if you dont like that, play Pokken.

There's so many loving fighting games out there.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow. Infiltration won with Nash. That never happened before.
It's almost like we've got a running theme here of same poo poo happening over and over with SFV.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Im obviously exaggerating, just so sick of Nash.

same hate me some nash. wish the finals was a ryu that tried to parry everything

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

It's almost like we've got a running theme here of same poo poo happening over and over with SFV.

loving come on

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Jack Trades posted:

I agree, he proved those people that felt he was the best player correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Help Im Alive posted:

They're trying to do the dota2 thing where the DLC money boosts the pot of the Capcom Cup

It probably should've been $10-15 though

lol i'd imagine 1/100th of each dollar goes to cap cup.

Jack Trades posted:

revelator for pc when

C. Everett Koop posted:

Don't

Goetta posted:

Get it on sale imo

no sale cheap enough for that