Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
things i did today: finally signed up for a linkedin account, put the baloogan bot on probation. let's see if he wakes up in six hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Peztopiary posted:

Bride pulled a runner, eh? It happens. Eat as much free food at the reception as you can.

They eventually showed, 75 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to begin, and had a 5 minute ceremony. Then we ate a fully vegetarian meal with vegan and gluten-free options. :geno:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Mrit posted:

They eventually showed, 75 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to begin, and had a 5 minute ceremony. Then we ate a fully vegetarian meal with vegan and gluten-free options. :geno:

uh thats hella gay
guess whos having roast beefs and rum for brunch
me thats who

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

at least it wasn't a catholic wedding after waiting for all that

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wtf are you prejudice catholic weddings are great
sober weddings suck

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

uh thats hella gay
guess whos having roast beefs and rum for brunch
me thats who

At my reception(got married at a resort out of the country to avoid wedding bs) we had an open bar, amazing food, and a dj. imo, a wedding is an excuse to eat and drink with your friends/new family, everything else is window dressing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gently caress yes thats how you do it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

wtf are you prejudice catholic weddings are great
sober weddings suck

I'm half Catholic half Mormon
the after church part is great
The church part is boring and terrible

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

It just takes soooo loooong I get it God likes marriage

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
its why god invented flasks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mrit posted:

At my reception(got married at a resort out of the country to avoid wedding bs) we had an open bar, amazing food, and a dj. imo, a wedding is an excuse to eat and drink with your friends/new family, everything else is window dressing.

this is true of most life milestones and holidays, too

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

Ahahaha, the ultimate hustle. The rare wedding where the couple might make more out of it than they put into it, good for them.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Baloogan should have a c-word license where he's the only person in the forum who's allowed to say it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yessssssssssssssss

I'm the only one using it properly and unironically
also how can you do an ask tell thread about ****** ing without these words!

real political people are using them, 2016 is so crazy that we need these words!

words are like weapons, and banning these is making them sharper

“There must be something in words, something we can’t imagine, to make a baloogan take probation after probation; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.”

“With school turning out more runners, jumpers, racers, tinkerers, grabbers, snatchers, fliers, and swimmers instead of examiners, critics, knowers, and imaginative creators, the word 'intellectual,' of course, became the swear word it deserved to be.”

“But you can't make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can't last.”

“A book is a loaded gun in the house next door...Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man?”

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
shinji noooo

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

all those anime books

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

oh gently caress there 5600 unread posts in the gop thread

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Is this satire https://twitter.com/WeirdTwitReview

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol haoma is one of the only followers

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah i thought that was a funny move too

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i loving hate this state

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...wpkM/story.html

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Other than Pats fans, Massachusetts seems pretty cool. People will come around on marijuana eventually, here in Seattle there are recreational stores all over the place, along with delivery(which is in a legal grey area).

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mrit posted:

Other than Pats fans, Massachusetts seems pretty cool. People will come around on marijuana eventually, here in Seattle there are recreational stores all over the place, along with delivery(which is in a legal grey area).

i'm from south carolina, so it's definitely a step up. but there is a puritanical strain here that annoys me to no end

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Looking good for Maine from this dumb article. (Which at the time had 43/46 for Mass rather than 41/51 that your article shows)

Maine should be close enough but I'm sure MA police will be on the lookout.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

well i know where i'm going next summer

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

milo getting banned from twitter.... *kisses the air* bellissimo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I finished the Panama Canal book and went on to the same authors book on Truman and it's pretty good so far. Trumans apparently kind of a weirdo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I miss You A loving Hat(rear end rear end In Princess) and C-Span(Bad) Caller

They used to post in the progressive thread but no more.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

ThndrShk2k posted:

I miss You A loving Hat(rear end rear end In Princess) and C-Span(Bad) Caller

They used to post in the progressive thread but no more.

I imagine that YAFH is just busy twirling a bat around San Diego in a Harley Quinn costume.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ThndrShk2k posted:

Looking good for Maine from this dumb article. (Which at the time had 43/46 for Mass rather than 41/51 that your article shows)

Maine should be close enough but I'm sure MA police will be on the lookout.
Limited licesnses huh? Hopefully this is at least better than the Ohio initiative that was basically just grift that would've given a near-monopoly to some chosen corporate benefactors.

This world is so corrupt

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Fast Luck posted:

Limited licesnses huh? Hopefully this is at least better than the Ohio initiative that was basically just grift that would've given a near-monopoly to some chosen corporate benefactors.

This world is so corrupt
http://maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/upcoming/

Legislation is in Doc format if you wish to read.
I haven't gone over it, but wikipedia has some general info

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maine_Question_1,_2016

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dang it's 30 pages long but it doesn't seem bad from what i got skimming it. specific people or companies have not been pre-selected for licenses. preference is given to corporations or people already doing marijuana caregiving. municipalities get to determine how many licenses will be issued for their area and then the state agriculture and forest commissioner decides who gets the licenses. individual people can also grow 6 plants at home.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Fast Luck posted:

dang it's 30 pages long but it doesn't seem bad from what i got skimming it. specific people or companies have not been pre-selected for licenses. preference is given to corporations or people already doing marijuana caregiving. municipalities get to determine how many licenses will be issued for their area and then the state agriculture and forest commissioner decides who gets the licenses. individual people can also grow 6 plants at home.

That sounds good, I heard rec weed is coming to a Ca ballot soon too. Here's to model legislature!

Wouldn't mind a zen herb garden no matter if I'm smokin or not.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I just go to a store and buy some when i want some but theres a weird tension because the regulatory agency is NOT HAPPY AT ALL that this was dropped in their laps so theyre making it as weird for everybody as possible. You have to get buzzed through a door then you have to carry a little piece of paper promising that you definitely wont get any children high across a certain threshold, after which you can put it in a basket most shops have to reuse them

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Yeah!
Dude, there were more dispensaries in SoCal than Starbux at one time, now the only open dispensaries in San Diego all have plainclothes cops lurking at them.

WOO! Grey area weed!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Why do people keep doing that? Did some mod in the dim and murky past undo a probie?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

6 hour probation!!!!!!!!! :qq:

• Locked thread