Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Uhhhh Bix where can I hear Bill Watts On Race.wav
Ep 30, 1st segment: http://placetobenation.com/between-the-sheets-30-february-9-15-1993/

Jerusalem posted:

More to the point, where can I hear Shawn's Love Letter to Nash.wav :allears:
Ep 39, last segment: https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer/between-the-sheets-39-april-12-18-1996

davidbix fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Talk'n Shop is Jericho was great.

I've missed Sex Ferguson

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Man, I missed Talk'n Shop.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Vince your Olympic kid wrestles kinda stiffski

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

Talk'n Shop is Jericho was great.

I've missed Sex Ferguson

I knew it was gonna be good when as soon as Karl starts talking for the first time there was a knock on the door

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mob posted:

Vince your Olympic kid wrestles kinda stiffski

The best ever.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

ch3cooh posted:

I knew it was gonna be good when as soon as Karl starts talking for the first time there was a knock on the door

I was waiting for it to happen and was so happy when it did. If that episode was an unintentional send off then I'm very happy with that.

Would quite like Gallows to become Corporate Taker though, if that locker room story is even remotely correct.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
It looks like I deleted all my old Shop talks by accident. Is there a way to get them all? I don't see all the episodes when I search on MLW.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/754524680615178242

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Drink it iiiiiiiin, Brother Nero.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

It looks like I deleted all my old Shop talks by accident. Is there a way to get them all? I don't see all the episodes when I search on MLW.

This post has all links to all of the episodes in one place. You still need premium MLW though

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

2 bux for all these episodes is a good deal!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gorn Myson posted:

I was waiting for it to happen and was so happy when it did. If that episode was an unintentional send off then I'm very happy with that.

Would quite like Gallows to become Corporate Taker though, if that locker room story is even remotely correct.

Gallows' Honky Tonk Man story is legit one of the funniest things I've heard in weeks. God bless that weird redneck hill giant.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is Gallows becoming a locker room enforcer, then?

Also are both these stories on the Jericho show? Because I kinda don't want to give money to MLW as long as they employ that tool MSL

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is Gallows becoming a locker room enforcer, then?

Also are both these stories on the Jericho show? Because I kinda don't want to give money to MLW as long as they employ that tool MSL

It's more that Gallows is fun and tells hilarious stories and the locker room loves that because working for WWE loving sucks in a lot of other ways. I don't think Gallows is making dudes clean the locker room if they sit in the wrong chair or anything.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

It's more that Gallows is fun and tells hilarious stories and the locker room loves that because working for WWE loving sucks in a lot of other ways. I don't think Gallows is making dudes clean the locker room if they sit in the wrong chair or anything.

I guess I took the "Corporate Taker" thing wrong, although hearing that he's liked in the lockerroom is cool.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I loved when they got serious and talked about what made a wrestler succeed in the WWE.

You can tell that they all reached that point of poo poo facery where everything gets serious for a sec.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I never listened to Talk'n Shop before but this episode really made me like all the guys involved so much.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I guess I took the "Corporate Taker" thing wrong, although hearing that he's liked in the lockerroom is cool.

Gallows is Corporate Taker, one of the Young Bucks is Indytaker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I loved when they got serious and talked about what made a wrestler succeed in the WWE.

You can tell that they all reached that point of poo poo facery where everything gets serious for a sec.

That was part of what I really enjoyed about Talkin' Shop, they could be being completely immature and stupid and then suddenly the conversation would turn serious (usually when Gallows wasn't around) and they'd actually talk about their careers and lives and their hopes/fears for the future. There's a really good one where I think it's just Karl and the Bucks and they start talking about how they've reached a point in their lives where they have to consider their health and their family's well-being and security whenever they make any decision regarding their career.

Thanks! :)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Gallows is Corporate Taker, one of the Young Bucks is Indytaker.

Nick is Indytaker, Matt has some other nickname but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Nick is Indytaker, Matt has some other nickname but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

Corporate Kane

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Grozz Nuy posted:

Corp Kane

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Dave thinking that a bunch of VHS rips on Google Drive is an official All Japan streaming service is amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave thinking that a bunch of VHS rips on Google Drive is an official All Japan streaming service is amazing.

Wait till he finds out they're operating out of the shed in his backyard.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Did a guest spot on Strong Style Story yesterday previewing the Super J Cup along with folks from Puro in the Rough and the Cubs Fan. Was a lot of fun an a bunch of burials/banter.

http://strongstylestory.podomatic.com/entry/2016-07-17T15_56_31-07_00

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

OctoberCountry posted:

i know he's in his 50s but loving hell

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm gonna need a link to what big Dave is seeing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

I'm gonna need a link to what big Dave is seeing.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwpbsa8C2iSmZXJuaE44bm40eHc&usp=sharing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bahahaha THAT'S what he meant by a streaming service? Oh man Dave

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He literally got the tweet like right as they recorded and was like "AJPW has a streaming service and it's free!"

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The newest AIW podcast is amazing. Honky Tonk Man trying to save a booking, getting pulled over by the cops with The Necro Butcher, saving Tila Tequila from the Gathering of the Juggalos, and other road trips stories with Johnny Gargano.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Luigi Thirty posted:

He literally got the tweet like right as they recorded and was like "AJPW has a streaming service and it's free!"
Link to the tweet plz.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
I can't wait to hear Dave talk for 10 minutes about how over Daniel Bryan is and how WWE still can't get Roman (or anyone for that matter) over anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is anybody else following along with Karl Stern's July Biography Marathon again this year? I pick and chose last year but this time around I'm listening to everything each day and it's been a really fun listen, especially his latest one on Muhammad Ali. Also he did two in one day for Lex Luger :stare:

Viper_3000 posted:

I can't wait to hear Dave talk for 10 minutes about how over Daniel Bryan is and how WWE still can't get Roman (or anyone for that matter) over anymore.

Me too :)

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

Is anybody else following along with Karl Stern's July Biography Marathon again this year? I pick and chose last year but this time around I'm listening to everything each day and it's been a really fun listen, especially his latest one on Muhammad Ali. Also he did two in one day for Lex Luger :stare:

I've been listening to every single one, and they're fascinating. I've been getting more into classic wrestling, and these shows have taught me all about the names I keep hearing, but know nothing else about.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dave: "You know people in real life don't wait their turn in a conversation like that."
Bryan: :sigh:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

I was going to make a post chastising everyone for ignoring the National Treasure Karl Stern. This series has been really good, as usual.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I bet Bryan on WOL $10 to MSF that Finn wouldn't be called up today. He said he'd pay $100 if he wasn't, and then said he'd pay $100 either way. Hooray! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

exploding mummy posted:

Dave: "You know people in real life don't wait their turn in a conversation like that."
Bryan: :sigh:

Dave defending Steph's horrible interruptions was just so, so amazing.

With the right comeback by Bryan, that could have been an all-time moment in the history of the site. What a missed opportunity.

• Locked thread