Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Whats up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Fenrir posted:

Chris has a lame team, yes, but his neutral game is among the best in marvel and despite the lame he has a rushdown game that never gets enough credit, even with Morrigan, who is not exactly a rushdown character. He can turn a whole game around by getting in your face with Morrigan or Doom, and he can make ungodly comebacks with Vergil.

Chris g's matches are like the only time you see neutral in marvel and kbr's team is made for seeking out mistakes.

It goes to show how solid chris g's game is and has been

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
It's worth noting that he's still far and away the best at Morridoom, which never took over the game like ZMC did.

That pure look of shock on his face was worth it. He looked like he was thinking this was when the lighting rig fell on his head or he woke up from the dream.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Now that Chris G has finally won an Evo, Marvel 3 can die.

When he won, he looked flabbergasted; I'm pretty sure he was waiting to wake up and realize it was all a dream.

edit: wait did somebody just get arrested on stage?

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
You have to be objectively retarded to think that nobody likes marvel anymore when the camera sweeps across a stadium filled with people who like watching marvel and were excited to watch the grand finals

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ruggington posted:

i cant be mad at a man who's this happy

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

cams posted:

glad they held this charity event for that dying child to let him win a marvel major congrats cancer patient chris g

All that's missing is a John Cena appearance and it's a full on Make A Wish event.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
:bustem:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Serious question, why do people keep dropping their combos in Marvel 3? Is it because they really are THAT hard? Or is it just tournament jitters?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lmao, who was that

its marvel baby

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I was wondering who the gently caress that shirtless brother was, apparently he wasn't supposed to be there. lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

So in evo 2017 what gets on main stage?

SFV, Tekken 7, KoFXiV, Injustice 2, GGXRD-REV-, Melee?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahaha did someone rush the stage?

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Haha, why just got arrested on stage?

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Marvel's super not my game, but ChrisG just had to play 4 sets back to back and that's pretty drat impressive given the amount of execution Morridoom apparently takes despite being a fairly boring team to watch compared to some of the wackier ones that got pretty deep this year.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
What's the top money prize for MVC3?

$10k?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No idea what the hell happened with the half naked black guy there, but Chris G's look of surprise was so endearing that I am in favor of him winning. 6-1, couldn't be more legit.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Wait, did a shirtless guy rush the stage with a controller to challenge ChrisG? What did he say to him?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

SFV, Tekken 7, KoFXiV, Injustice 2, GGXRD-REV-, Melee?

e: wait poo poo I kinda misread the question here, whatever

Veib fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 17, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

Whats up next?

EEEEHHHHHHCCCCCKKKKKKZZZZZZAAAAARRRRRDDDDDDDDDDEEEERRRRRRUUUUUU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
apoutagy man?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SAINT

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Gonna need a gif of that yesterday

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I was like, who stole Wiz Khalifas shirt?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
SAINT

NO

PRIEST

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They need to mic the audience (or maybe it's just completely silent idk))

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Apologyman is like :shrug:

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Love how the cameraman got a great view of security getting that shirtless dude offstage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Veib posted:

It's gonna be SFV at least as long as Capcom actively supports the game with Capcom Cup and whatnot

yeah i'm talking about what the sunday line up will be. MvC and MKX might not make it

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Real hurthling! posted:

EEEEHHHHHHCCCCCKKKKKKZZZZZZAAAAARRRRRDDDDDDDDDDEEEERRRRRRUUUUUU

noice. Shits about to get real.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm the guy who got arrested

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

punk rebel ecks posted:

Serious question, why do people keep dropping their combos in Marvel 3? Is it because they really are THAT hard? Or is it just tournament jitters?

Jitters mostly, and sometimes you get a hit in a weird way and the distance isn't right to keep going

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Melee

That's your answer

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Marvel is one of the most fun games to watch, I never fully understand it but the energy it gives off is infectious

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
i'll never root for anyone who the commentators openly cheer for

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

punk rebel ecks posted:

Marvel combos are hard.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Death Dealer posted:

Marvel's super not my game, but ChrisG just had to play 4 sets back to back and that's pretty drat impressive given the amount of execution Morridoom apparently takes despite being a fairly boring team to watch compared to some of the wackier ones that got pretty deep this year.

It's execution but also just creating gapless pressure with her thats the toughest.

I mean each singular fireball isn't so hard i guess. It's just a fireball followed by a flight cancel, so qcf input cancelled by qcb s then repeat. each fireball covering a different angle and purpose.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

They need to mic the audience (or maybe it's just completely silent idk))

poo poo, audience mics? They just got ESPN to pay attention to EVO. One step at a time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C. Everett Koop posted:

ChrisG is your last Marvel champ.

RIP you stupid dumb game may Disney ensure you're never played again.
I hope all the smash discs spontaneously combust to spite you

punk rebel ecks posted:

A lot of combos require like perfect execution to keep going and if you give someone even a hint of freedom they'll break out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

poo poo is hard man. most of the best teams require lots and lots of difficult repeated execution. KBRs team is probably the easiest execution of any of the "good" teams

• Locked thread