Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Unstoppable force crew, got that just once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Gg but please tell me the Wu-Tang secret to getting matchmaking like that.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't get it. They nerfed sunsinger solar grenades? They were strong in year one and then everyone forgot about them. The last thread treated them like they got buffed but now they're nerfed? I'm still confused on that narrative. I assume they changed the dot.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Yes!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Gg but please tell me the Wu-Tang secret to getting matchmaking like that.

No idea. I usually get better opponents than that. Half of that team was a fireteam, too, with UR and poo poo.

I started cackling after getting a Phantom with only one weapon kill.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I don't get it. They nerfed sunsinger solar grenades? They were strong in year one and then everyone forgot about them. The last thread treated them like they got buffed but now they're nerfed? I'm still confused on that narrative. I assume they changed the dot.

For a while they were awesome in 6s because they brought back Sunbreakers which had the new "extra solar grenade" perk in addition to making them last longer. So you could run two extended solar with burn damage added and extended burn on top of that. They were Op as gently caress and hilarious for a while.

They then nerfed all sunsinger solar burn damage in two ways.

1) got rid of Viking funeral's additional burn DoT. This was intentional and I think a good change.

2) they applied a reduction in throwing nerf burning damage (which was intentional) to all burning damage across all solar classes (which was not discussed at all in the patch notes, and it's hard to tell if it happened because of incompetence or lack of communication. Frankly with modern dumb Bungie it could be either). This was the poo poo change.

The end result is you no longer have the same aggregate burning damage and the individual burning damage ticks have been reduced. It really sucks and now the pro pvp warlocks are

1) 2/5/5 sunsinger with double stickies, double overshields via claws and shotgun warrioring

2) 5/2/5 stormcaller with Claws and extended range melee, also shotgun warrioring.

3) 5/5/2 Voidlock with Ram, TLW sniper and hucking grapes at or TLwing your bodyshots

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 17, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

For a while they were awesome in 6s because they brought back Sunbreakers which had the new "extra solar grenade" perk in addition to making them last longer. So you could run two extended solar with burn damage added and extended burn on top of that. They were Op as gently caress and hilarious for a while.

1) got rid of Viking funeral's additional burn DoT. This was intentional and I think a good change.

2) they applied a reduction in throwing nerf burning damage (which was intentional) to all burning damage across all solar classes (which was not discussed at all in the patch notes, and it's hard to tell if it happened because of incompetence or lack of communication. Frankly with modern dumb Bungie it could be either). This was the poo poo change.

The end result is you no longer have the same aggregate burning damage and the individual burning damage ticks have been reduced. It really sucks and now the pro pvp warlocks are

1) 2/5/5 sunsinger with double stickies, double overshields via claws and shotgun warrioring

2) 5/2/5 stormcaller with Claws and extended range melee, also shotgun warrioring.

3) 5/5/2 Voidlock with Ram, TLW sniper and hucking grapes at or TLwing your bodyshots

drat thanks for the real post. I was expecting snark. I think you're right, I only remember year one solar being cool because of y1 sunbreakers and Viking funeral. I loved locking down poo poo.

Did that burn reduction gently caress with throwing knives?

You know what sucks?

If you die as you execute an action that had added effects and they don't activate cause you're dead? Like headshot throwing knives not burning, I assume, cause the burn dot isn't applied cause you're dead

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Probably only a few more games before I'm going against all URs again all the time

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Haha those two little nerdlets crouching next to the special ammo :3

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Void ram lock 1/5/5 is really good with energy drain build and Tlaloc

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

drat thanks for the real post. I was expecting snark. I think you're right, I only remember year one solar being cool because of y1 sunbreakers and Viking funeral. I loved locking down poo poo.

Did that burn reduction gently caress with throwing knives?

You know what sucks?

If you die as you execute an action that had added effects and they don't activate cause you're dead? Like headshot throwing knives not burning, I assume, cause the burn dot isn't applied cause you're dead

I'm real butthurt about them hammering the poo poo out of the most fun playstyle I'd used in a long time, likely unintentionally.

Also if I had a dollar for every arcbolt/Firebolt that would have gotten me a kill had it proced after my death, I'd be a rich man.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

Probably only a few more games before I'm going against all URs again all the time

The good news is your team mates will still be mongoloids who cant go positive.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'm real butthurt about them hammering the poo poo out of the most fun playstyle I'd used in a long time, likely unintentionally.

Also if I had a dollar for every arcbolt/Firebolt that would have gotten me a kill had it proced after my death, I'd be a rich man.

Fusion rifle bolts disappear midair sometimes too. 90% of the time it's to a shoulder charge :qq:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't really care about spektar pandion stuff coming in crucible packages, but jesus can it at least roll with pvp perks?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't really care about spektar pandion stuff coming in crucible packages, but jesus can it at least roll with pvp perks?

You dont like increased super for killing minions of the darkness and side arm ammo / reload.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BlindSite posted:

You dont like increased super for killing minions of the darkness and side arm ammo / reload.

'Glory in the Crucible - that is the truest immortality a guardian can attain' on a lovely butt towel that can't even roll loving Crucible Champion

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Destiny Pubstomper's guide to actually stomping pubs, only on Xbone.

1. Ensure your console is set to be your main account's home console. See here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox . You do NOT need to pay for more Xbox live gold because you're playing on your home console. Good poo poo.

2. On your console, create a new xbox/Microsoft account. You can't pick a name yet so see step 3.

3. Go to your laptop/mobile go to xbox.com and login on your new account to rename it something funny like "Destiny SBMM Bad" "Cmpln 2 Reddit" or "Pub Farmer69." You get a free rename for each new account. Go hog wild because you're not using this account forever.

4. Log out and in of your new account on the bone to update the name.

Special Note: You can stay logged into your main account for party chat and poo poo while also having the second account active for game playing. Very handy for doing this poo poo as a six man. It's a bit confusing to do, and make sure you aren't active in dashboard on your main when accepting invites for your secondary.

5. Open Destiny on the new account and create a new character. Do a hunter. This gets you the sniper rifle and the best super for owning noobs.

6. Play the first mission. Just run right through and don't worry about killing anything. Bum rush the captain at the end and mop up. Fly to tower.

7. At the tower, pick up and pop your free spark of light to level up, trigger quests and get some blue guns. Talk to all the quest markers and dont forget to equip the gear to advance quests. This will give you more XP. Grab bounties.

NOTE: not many people who you'll match against run high armor, and in fact if you're playing others with unleveled subclasses, they can't. If you're fortunate enough as my buddy was to get a sick 95 impact hand cannon, you'll be 2-tapping everything lmao. Also hopefully you get a machine gun drop early.

8. Drop into a crucible match. You'll probably have super right away from leveling up. It owns lmao. poo poo on kids. Be amazed at how bad they are and how good you actually are at the game. Very validating if you're kinda hosed by SBMM from playing with friends who are better than you and you're always getting dumped against sweaty streamers or something.

9. Repeat until it starts getting sweaty and laggy. Then delete the account and go back to step 1.

I highly recommend doing this with a party of six and coordinating the new accounts and playing together. The best mode if you have all 6 is rift, you can totally control spawns and lock down the map, and you can let them dunk on you to avoid the mercy rule.

Enjoy lag free matches and getting a feel for how good you actually are, and hopefully enough people do this that Bungie stops using so much SBMM.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
I go to great lengths seeking validation as well

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

AppleCobbler posted:

I dont think anyones surprised your parents didnt love you.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

AppleCobbler posted:

It's fun and funny and gently caress bungie for putting in sbmm with no obvious ranking mechanism.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie tried to show us ranks once upon a time in Halo, and it resulted in massive amounts of boosting and account trading because the number was more important than the game.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

Bungie tried to show us ranks once upon a time in Halo, and it resulted in massive amounts of boosting and account trading because the number was more important than the game.

That's all still going on, just with trials gear and flawless emblems.

I enjoyed doing this and I brought joy to my teammates. Most of their kills were my cleanup but they probably don't care!!!

Let's all make the world a better place. By stomping pubbies, noobs and scrubs.

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 18, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

1. Ensure your console is set to be your main account's home console. See here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox . You do NOT need to pay for more Xbox live gold because you're playing on your home console. Good poo poo.

2. On your console, create a new xbox/Microsoft account. You can't pick a name yet so see step 3.

3. Go to your laptop/mobile go to xbox.com and login on your new account to rename it something funny like "Destiny SBMM Bad" "Cmpln 2 Reddit" or "Pub Farmer69." You get a free rename for each new account. Go hog wild because you're not using this account forever.

Special Note: You can stay logged into your main account for party chat and poo poo while also having the second account active for game playing. Very handy for doing this poo poo as a six man. It's a bit confusing to do, and make sure you aren't active in dashboard on your main when accepting invites for your secondary.

5. Open Destiny on the new account and create a new character. Do a hunter. This gets you the sniper rifle and the best super for owning noobs.

6. Play the first mission. Just run right through and don't worry about killing anything. Bum rush the captain at the end and mop up. Fly to tower.

7. At the tower, pick up and pop your free spark of light to level up, trigger quests and get some blue guns. Talk to all the quest markers and dont forget to equip the gear to advance quests. This will give you more XP. Grab bounties.

NOTE: not many people who you'll match against run high armor, and in fact if you're playing others with unleveled subclasses, they can't. If you're fortunate enough as my buddy was to get a sick 95 impact hand cannon, you'll be 2-tapping everything lmao. Also hopefully you get a machine gun drop early.

8. Drop into a crucible match. You'll probably have super right away from leveling up. It owns lmao. poo poo on kids. Be amazed at how bad they are and how good you actually are at the game. Very validating if you're kinda hosed by SBMM from playing with friends who are better than you and you're always getting dumped against sweaty streamers or something.

9. Repeat until it starts getting sweaty and laggy. Then delete the account and go back to step 1.

I highly recommend doing this with a party of six and coordinating the new accounts and playing together. The best mode if you have all 6 is rift, you can totally control spawns and lock down the map, and you can let them dunk on you to avoid the mercy rule.

Enjoy lag free matches and getting a feel for how good you actually are, and hopefully enough people do this that Bungie stops using so much SBMM.

I approve of this and will post it on the bungie forums if that's cool with you.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

CheeseFactory posted:

I approve of this and will post it on the bungie forums if that's cool with you.

Remove the ref to my forum name and my buddy's hand cannon and anything else that might be identifying and sure.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Remove the ref to my forum name and my buddy's hand cannon and anything else that might be identifying and sure.

Good poo poo

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BlindSite posted:

I dont think anyones surprised your parents didnt love you.

epic zinger brah

quote:

Destiny Pubstomper's guide to actually stomping pubs, only on Xbox One.

good poo poo, you keep defying my expectations of how loving pathetic you are

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Alteisen posted:

Fire up your Xbone copy within the next 6 hours and you can probably match me, let's go.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a PS4 just to play this cool game with bros but I don't actually have any friends so I haven't played since Halloween. anyways, I just wanted to say that was a good OP, peace namaste

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
You know, I noticed just the other day when I got my Bone that all accounts on the console could play under the main accounts gold subscription, and thought to myself, "What's stopping someone from making burner accounts to play at the bottom of SBMM?"

The answer is nothing, lmao

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Alteisen posted:

I think it's more telling that you still post here tbh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

marauderthirty posted:

You know, I noticed just the other day when I got my Bone that all accounts on the console could play under the main accounts gold subscription, and thought to myself, "What's stopping someone from making burner accounts to play at the bottom of SBMM?"
You can do that on PS4 too and I think I might just start doing it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alteisen posted:

epic zinger brah

Just kiss me already babe.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Tbqh everyone should do this. The more people do it the sooner bungie fixes either their rigid SBMM or the ability to do this.

And I just guided a teammate through a doubles match over team chat. Dude probably learned more about how to actually play in those 10 minutes than he ever would have otherwise.

Also got hate mail from the opponents, who were bagging the entire game even as I crushed them. Responded and they were real mad about me rez sniping them. I politely told them that controlling special ammo was the way to prevent me from sniping and that they should learn to do this.

Look it's fun as hell to be good at this game, not gonna lie. But gently caress me it's nice to not have any red bars and not have every match be a sweat fest. I'm going to keep this first account around and see how long it takes me to get dumped in the streamer bracket again when I roll solo. Until then I can actually play with friends and bros without having them get crapped on by my account skill dragging in a bunch of ace players.

^that's not fun for anyone

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I heard a rumor he bought 5 copies of Destiny :ninja:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

marauderthirty posted:

Yeah it works the same on PSN and i encourage everyone to do it. gently caress bungie and gently caress those plebs they are so desperate to protect.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Goddamn dude. loving SA_Games_Poster.txt

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Pro tactic, just went 14-1 in my first match.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sorry, Bungie's not pulling SBMM. If you want to crush beginners you're gonna have to get pretty good at generating new accounts.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

Sorry, Bungie's not pulling SBMM. If you want to crush beginners you're gonna have to get pretty good at generating new accounts.

I wrote the book on it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

I wrote the book on it!!!

More of an instructional pamphlet, I think.

• Locked thread