Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
look at that pompadour tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

C. Everett Koop posted:

i too can only jack-o into a mirror :ssh:

Boo, boo this man.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Saoshyant posted:

Man, between the commentators and the lame play, the Pokken finals were a huge letdown.

that dude is gonna get his hentai tho :unsmith:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

*everything is keyframed in an extremely readable manner with very unique strong silhouetts the whole way through every action*

"well I just can't figure out what's going on here"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What's the hold-up, there shouldn't be 20 minutes between matches

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

that dude is gonna get his hentai tho :unsmith:

Every cloud has a silver lining.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If this is your first time watching GG things are probably confusing; I'd recommend just watching more of it (if not playing).

interrodactyl posted:

at least bhsman sticks to posting badly about a single game

Easier to talk poo poo about me than just talk I guess. :shrug:

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Tae posted:

What's the hold-up, there shouldn't be 20 minutes between matches

e sports

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

*everything is keyframed in an extremely readable manner with very unique strong silhouetts the whole way through every action*

this is extremely important don't give up

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is it a scene-wide gentlemen's agreement to let intros play? It's neat.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
a korean guilty gear player? its more likely than you think

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

*everything is keyframed in an extremely readable manner with very striking silhouetts the whole way through every action*

Quick serious post, I do think Guilty Gear both has some obnoxious hitsparks that make stuff hard to see and also normals that are hard to parse as overheads because "it's what we do". I also think SG's "fancy" and "unnecessary" animation makes those things a lot easier to read. I don't think a serious discussion about those aspects will lead anywhere tho, because God FORBID you say bad things about a game goons like.

in summary, :shrug: and I hope the Johnny wins

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Omito :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Reiley posted:

I hope so. The intros are short but set hype up well for top 8.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I guess I'm just too curious, so I pulled up cheer pricing

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man those Johnny corner setups are brutal. American's haven't gotten the hang of em yet I think, but daaaaamn.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress YEAH OMITO

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

top garen gonna put the hit out as soon as he gets to his phone

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You have rad tats Topgaren.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
omito downloaded him from the friday matches lol

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

One guy is covered up in tattoos, the other has a magnificent pompadour. GG players are as metal as the game itself.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SectumSempra posted:

bits are 1:1 cent rating for streamers, the donator eats the taxes, basically.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

I've seen between 0-800 "cheers" on matches so far, compared to the ludicrous 100,00k+ used in the example screenshots of how cheering works.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dias posted:

Quick serious post, I do think Guilty Gear both has some obnoxious hitsparks that make stuff hard to see and also normals that are hard to parse as overheads because "it's what we do". I also think SG's "fancy" and "unnecessary" animation makes those things a lot easier to read. I don't think a serious discussion about those aspects will lead anywhere tho, because God FORBID you say bad things about a game goons like.

Stating your argument and then immediately sealing off any chance for a reasonable response, then finishing it with the bhsman smiley. Top tier posting tactic, you should've taken this tech to Evo.

I don't really want to get involved either but I think a lot of people here say a lot of poo poo without understanding what it is they're saying so it all ends up as white noise.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

Half the people using bits are twitch staff lol

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

omito is like, the only guy, to my very limited knowledge, who has been able to beat machabo sin, so yeah, i'm sort of rooting for omito here

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Reiley posted:

Unlike most modern games, Guilty Gear Xrd has awesome looking cinematic intros that don't get old.

Dias posted:

Clearly you are a person with bad opinions and a wanna-be expert to dare mutter your factually wrong opinion about such a beloved game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Stating your argument and then immediately sealing off any chance for a reasonable response, then finishing it with the bhsman smiley. Top tier posting tactic, you should've taken this tech to Evo.

I don't really want to get involved either but I think a lot of people here say a lot of poo poo without understanding what it is they're saying so it all ends up as white noise.

I mean, if the answer is gonna be as productive as yours, and I foresaw poo poo going like that, I'd really rather close off discussion.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Dias posted:

I don't think they are complaining because you said bad things about gg(everyone who plays ggs can admit the lobby systems have been rear end and taking things like character select off online, add more inconvenience than anything)

it's not the criticism but what you're criticizing.

Like guilty gears universal overheads (dust) glow red.

The hit sparks and visual noise I'll give you, but I've never personally had an experience like "poo poo that drat hitspark made me miss that overhead".

Your complaint is valid for you but not one I've seen cited often.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

SectumSempra posted:

awfully lovely discount rate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NecroMonster posted:

omito is like, the only guy, to my very limited knowledge, who has been able to beat machabo sin, so yeah, i'm sort of rooting for omito here

Rion Crushed Dogura's Sin on friday i want to see machabo deal with him

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

discussion

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SectumSempra posted:

I don't think they are complaining because you said bad things about gg(everyone who plays ggs can admit the lobby systems have been rear end and taking things like character select off online, add more inconvenience than anything)

it's not the criticism but what you're criticizing.

hahahahahaha

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

see?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

karinchu cant? hes the johnny you hear people talk aboiut when they talk about johnny

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

gently caress you!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
e-sports needs more ten minute breaks between matches

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
lotta self fulfilling prophecies itt

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
lmao @ bits

"hmm, let's charge people twelve bucks to chat, and they can simulate cheering by throwing pennies at players they like (after paying ourselves, taxes and the tournament organizer)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
stun stun stun stun dat, stundipper

• Locked thread