Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

the NRA should be thrilled with Obama you'd think

you gotta have a purpose for something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
"headliners"

would a single one of these people be headliners at a normal convention? Pence? Newt?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
eric definitely smiles that half melted patrick bateman smile then strangles a small animal that night

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
No UFC guy?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Do they typically go with "whom <candidate> has chosen as his vice presidential running mate" right there on the schedule, or is this a "no no, we're serious" thing only for this election?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

the NRA should be thrilled with Obama you'd think

They are, they just can't admit it publicly.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ernst is going to set the hogballs aside and compare Latinos to Daesh.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Do you think the organizers are going to leave the laptop running the big screen connected to the internet?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Tom Coburn somehow missed that we've already had a year's worth of primaries he could've challenged Trump in?

Coburn hanging out at the undercard would be hilarious. Coburn was Ted Cruz before Ted Cruz was Ted Cruz and pretty much pioneered the tactic of stalling legislation for days by denying unanimous consent on every single minor step of the legislative process on a bill, requiring dozens of 15 minute full votes per bill. The reasoning no one had really done that on a regular basis before was that if anyone did all the other Senators would hate them. Well...Coburn was hated, all right.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ctrl f
"chris christie"

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
thurs theme + speakers are a bit confusing, I wonder how the two main business wing names are connected to "make america one"

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
What happened to the George Washington hologram powered by Tupac/50-ft Mary J Blige technology

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
e: dbl post

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

smell this posted:

ctrl f
"chris christie"

Not headliner material. Sorry, Chris, but you're not quite at the level of Kerry Woolard.

Kerry Woolard is General Manager of Trump Wineries

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

OK, one of two things happened.

A: Mitch McConnell is not considered a "headliner."
B. Mitch McConnell dropped out of his speaking role since the last list.

I can't decide which would be funnier.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
This has not been a good week to be Chris Christie.

Jewel Repetition fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 17, 2016

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

Not headliner material. Sorry, Chris, but you're not quite at the level of Kerry Woolard.

Kerry Woolard is General Manager of Trump Wineries

Hahaha oh my god

Chris Christie is the saddest man

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
There were 33 more speakers at the 2012 RNC than are scheduled for this year's...

...on the first day alone.

Everything is fine.

I guess these are the "headliners". Can't wait to see the peanut gallery.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

wtf is that a joke? that's real? ugh.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That's a whole lotta "Who?"

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

What happened to Ted Cruz? I thought he was speaking

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
According to the RNC schedule, nothing happened in Melania's life prior to her marriage.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Internet Webguy posted:

There were 33 more speakers at the 2012 RNC than are scheduled for this year's...

...on the first day alone.

Everything is fine.

I guess these are the "headliners". Can't wait to see the peanut gallery.

These are just the "headliners", don't worry. Zodiac Killer and Charles in Charge have been working on a skit.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rocks posted:

What happened to Ted Cruz? I thought he was speaking

He is, just not a headliner. Probably got edged out by Lynne Patton, who is Eric Trump's assistant.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Patter Song posted:

OK, one of two things happened.

A: Mitch McConnell is not considered a "headliner."
B. Mitch McConnell dropped out of his speaking role since the last list.

I can't decide which would be funnier.

I vote A since it would mean that, at the RNC, a 22 year old girl is more of a 'headliner' than the Senate Majority Leader.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

and where the hell is charles in charge

or benghazi night

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

According to the RNC schedule, nothing happened in Melania's life prior to her marriage.

well yeah that was before he took her out of her box. mint condition. cost a pretty penny!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
That list is sad!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So...the "keynote" speech is usually given on the Tuesday of the convention by a rising up-and-coming star in the party. (Of course, sometimes they gently caress it up, like when Mark Warner gave the Democratic keynote in 2008 and bragged about expanding cell reception)

I look at the Tuesday list and I can't figure out which one of them is supposed to be the keynote. Either it's Shelley Moore Capito, an admittedly major figure in West Virginia but unknown nationwide, or it's Ben Carson.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Chris Christie will have the honorable position of "water bottle fetcher"

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/754786855623725056
no mention of befriending bears :(

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Didn't Trump spend a long time talking about how he was going to make this a showbiz convention with a night of championship coaches and athletes? Did everyone tell him to gently caress off?

I wonder if his yield on other promises will prove as disappointing when delivered.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

Chris Christie will have the honorable position of "water bottle fetcher"

Rubio Water Bottle Lecher 2016.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what the gently caress is he doing with his left hand

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Patter Song posted:

So...the "keynote" speech is usually given on the Tuesday of the convention by a rising up-and-coming star in the party. (Of course, sometimes they gently caress it up, like when Mark Warner gave the Democratic keynote in 2008 and bragged about expanding cell reception)

I look at the Tuesday list and I can't figure out which one of them is supposed to be the keynote. Either it's Shelley Moore Capito, an admittedly major figure in West Virginia but unknown nationwide, or it's Ben Carson.

The keynote speech also comes last. Friend Ben will sing a sweet lullaby and tuck the convention in bed. :3:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
gotta mention that friend ben here used to have awful grades. you know who had amazing grades?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I had to Google the main headliner Kimberlin Brown and turns out she was an actress in the 90s. Like seriously? Lmao

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/lesleyclark/status/754788179190898689

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

quote:

Jason [Beardsley] is a decorated military veteran with a combined 22 years of experience in the Army and Navy, and over 15 years leading Army Special Operations and Joint Special Operations task forces with hostile deployments to Iraq, the Horn of Africa, the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Has the US military ever even deployed people to Gaza?

Also Lynne Patton is the assistant for the Trump kids lol.

https://twitter.com/LynnePatton/status/753559544563982336

• Locked thread