Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's gonna win SFV
This poll is closed.
Infiltration 31 26.96%
Xian 1 0.87%
Tokido 12 10.43%
Harry "Virtua Fighter" Potter 5 4.35%
Diego 6 5.22%
JWong 6 5.22%
Sonicfox 10 8.70%
Lepper Marn 10 8.70%
When's Pokken 34 29.57%
Total: 115 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Poonerman posted:

e-sports needs more ten minute breaks between matches

God, I hate this, especially for FGs, it's pretty quick to set up the next match. EVO moves quick enough at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dias posted:

I mean, if the answer is gonna be as productive as yours, and I foresaw poo poo going like that, I'd really rather close off discussion.

Why did you even make a "serious post" in the first place if you were going to immediately discard any chance of having a real reply come in with the second statement? You just wanted to be right and then not let anyone say anything in return, which is just as lovely as the other side making GBS threads on people for various reasons.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rip rion

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

cams posted:

hahahahahaha

Anything but rematch lobbies are kinda bad.

Letting people in an 8/8 room go into training mode is pretty stupid.

it takes more time to switch characters by loading the character select separate from battle then it would if you could just make a it a room option.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
That juke..... brave man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Why did you even make a "serious post" in the first place if you were going to immediately discard any chance of having a real reply come in with the second statement? You just wanted to be right and then not let anyone say anything in return, which is just as lovely as the other side making GBS threads on people for various reasons.

It's dias

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why is machabo wearing a shirt from Lansing Michigan

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SectumSempra posted:

I don't think they are complaining because you said bad things about gg(everyone who plays ggs can admit the lobby systems have been rear end and taking things like character select off online, add more inconvenience than anything)

it's not the criticism but what you're criticizing.

Like guilty gears universal overheads (dust) glow red.

To get serious again: All I stated was that while Guilty Gear does well in "popping up" (I.E. brief very readable frames) the actual animation itself, in terms of frame count and 12 animation principles is lacking. People then criticized me for not knowing what I was talking about as they stated that Guilty Gear does have good animation due to being readable, which is something I directly commented on. That's why Dias and I think the tone of the responses were unwarranted. You don't criticize my post for making the point you yourself are making.

EDIT - FWIW, I am not the only person I see this happening to. I see this happen all the time in SA and the general FGC, specifically Facebook.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 17, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SectumSempra posted:

I guess I'm just too curious, so I pulled up cheer pricing

I'm pretty sure 99% of the sprite bets are twitch employees who got free bits to spend. Its the dumbest thing ever honestly. If it was 10 for a penny people would do it but NOPE.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

because this is a gdt and I can't be bothered with keeping a deep discussion on stupid animations while poo poo is going on, I just wanna say it's not just shitposting

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

yes keep going this is so important

machabo is good

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Im feeling a ky vs sin finals.

They better pick communication as the song.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

People still think I was trolling with that, eh? lol

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I wish fab made it to top 8 :eng99:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

cams posted:

machabo is good

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I want Starry Story for GF theme

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rion :(

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also holy poo poo Machabo is running a train on people.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's called sin because he needs to go to hell

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Ky is too fair to survive in the world of unfair characters that is Guilty Gear

an ordinary guy, if you will

also yeah I really don't see anyone here beating Machaboo two sets in a row, so congratulations on winning Evo

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

:stare:

:(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wish a Jacko got to top 8

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
POMP WEREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEATEN MACHABO YOU FUCKIN' POSER GG PLAYER

we're all doomed now

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

bhsman posted:

People still think I was trolling with that, eh? lol

I don't think you're trolling with it, I think you use it in 50% of your posts so it's easy to associate with you.

Also, a segment of the posters here get mad when they aren't taken seriously, and then I tried to seriously and nicely respond and they're getting mad again. Decide what you want, but I'll stay out of it because it isn't worth it and watching Revelator is way more fun.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Rion :smith:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Papa let his son win, so he can move on and fulfill his dreams. It is a father's sacrifice..... a noble act.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress machaboo is making this look easy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't think you're trolling with it, I think you use it in 50% of your posts so it's easy to associate with you.

Also, a segment of the posters here get mad when they aren't taken seriously, and then I tried to seriously and nicely respond and they're getting mad again. Decide what you want, but I'll stay out of it because it isn't worth it and watching Revelator is way more fun.
ah, yes, i see

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hi cams I miss you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"gg stuff is so easy to see"

<gets popped by machabo's mixups>

freakin' goon fronting I can't even

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I wish a Jacko got to top 8

I mean, I guess.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Dias posted:

normals that are hard to parse as overheads because "it's what we do".

can you give an example because like 90% of the overheads in the game are airborne or LITERALLY GLOW RED during their entire startup.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dias posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dias posted:

just stop

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dias posted:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

I wanna use millia just for chroming rose.

Does she have a colorway that feels reminiscent of YYH kurama?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow Nakamura.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
dang it ain't even SFV and people already got triggered

That's a Pomp snipe, IIRC he got Machabo in his bracket.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Dias posted:

imagine that scene from naruto where sasuke uses his sharingan to be able to see the other ninja coming at him but his frail rear end body still can't react in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

uh

later ogawa

• Locked thread