Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was hoping for Jimmy Carter to get a last ride.

He'll probably do a pre-recorded video, like he did in 2008 and 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

oystertoadfish posted:

after bill clinton's last dnc speech i was at some bar and this guy was all psyched about the speech and beating those loving republicans. within the next five minutes he called serena williams an ape and said robert griffin iii needed to cut his hair

i guess that doesnt really fit in this thread but whatever. just some context wrt the kind of people whose votes democrats need if they're going to avoid falling below 30% of the white vote, i guess! america!

gonna be awkward for that guy since this year Bill is speaking after a tribute to the mothers of Black Lives Matter

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rexsantus/status/754792475873730561

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The surprise VP announcement will be Jimmy Carters brain inside of a Giant Robot.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cleveland riot cops look dorky

nice bike

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

He'll probably do a pre-recorded video, like he did in 2008 and 2012.

I understand why, but I'd have liked him to open the convention in person or something like that.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

please dont make fun of my lasertag team

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

The surprise VP announcement will be Jimmy Carters brain inside of a Giant Robot.

jimmy carter robot and joe biden: the sitcom

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

S2E1: "Joe Fights the Rabbit"

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

poo poo. do they think its going to be like 1968 Democratic National Convention? it might knowing how polarized we are.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

zen death robot posted:

the NRA should be thrilled with Obama you'd think

Oh they are, but they have to keep up the facade or it doesn't work

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

Habitat for Hilarity

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is melania a normal name in czech or does it also sound like a weird made up model name in that language as well

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Also, if you use the hashtag #RNCinCLE it may show up in the arena.

https://twitter.com/ConCuyCoOH/status/754734246850334721

I've got a Markov Chain bot of some of the posters in this thread running right now on twitter. Really tempted to add that hashtag now, just to see what happens.

https://twitter.com/realamericanSA/status/754782761722998785

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

gonna be awkward for that guy since this year Bill is speaking after a tribute to the mothers of Black Lives Matter

i bet he's kicking himself for missing the chance to vote for romney before the republicans gave up on voting for acela-corridor-approved candidates - we'll see what happens next time, i guess, but 'affluent cultural self-identified liberal who is actually racist' is a demographic that republicans are really loving up the outreach on, i feel

anyway ann coulter is screaming PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE again

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/754756438921252864

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

poo poo. do they think its going to be like 1968 Democratic National Convention? it might knowing how polarized we are.

(hopefully) the anticipation of violence will cause groups to be extra vigilant about staying peaceful. i'm more worried about a planned attack than a riot tbh

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is a divided crime scene, is that like the OJ crime scene?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/754789482621243392

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i'm pretty sure cops show up ready for a war even during not crazy election years. it's a good way to justify buying pain rays

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

is melania a normal name in czech or does it also sound like a weird made up model name in that language as well

quote:

Melania derives from the Greek word μελανία (melania) meaning "black, dark"[1] and may refer to:

Melania Albea (born 1980), Swiss figure skater who also competed internationally for Spain
Melania Carolina Hotu Hey, the provincial governor of Rapa Nui (Easter Island), in Chilean Polynesia
Melania Grego (born 1973), female water polo forward from Italy, Olympic gold medallist in 2004
Melania the Elder (350–410), an influential figure in the Christian ascetic movement
Melania the Younger (383–439), a Christian saint who lived during the reign of Emperor Flavius Augustus Honorius
Melania Trump (born 1970), Slovenian model and an American socialite

It's unusual in the west, but it's not just made up.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

why cant everybody be on the same page here?!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lmfao @ that sorry rear end convention speakers list

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I am glad for Tiffany that she graduated in the spring, because if she had been around for another semester her college life would loving suck

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TwinsensRevenge posted:

(hopefully) the anticipation of violence will cause groups to be extra vigilant about staying peaceful. i'm more worried about a planned attack than a riot tbh

maybe. but this year feels like its 1968-69(with less big assassinations) all over again.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wait

so christie isn't even a speaker at this thing

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
manafort is chasing trump around trump tower trying to get the phone away from him. unfortunately for him trump knows all the best hiding places

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

nachos posted:

How is Melania Trump's bio like 5x longer than Ben Carson's

Trump has known her longer and he wrote all the bios

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Darkman Fanpage posted:

manafort is chasing trump around trump tower trying to get the phone away from him. unfortunately for him trump knows all the best hiding places

glad to see Trump return to Home Alone

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

How bad is the RNC speaker list? We're talking about the DNC speaker list.

Al! posted:

wait

So he was bumped from Tuesday?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 17, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Al! posted:

wait

trump has entirely forgot who christie is

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

that scene in odd couple sitcoms where the orderly and neat one divides the crime scene in half so the slob keeps their mess on the other side

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

This looks both dystopian, and dorky all at the same time.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/754799754517811200

Very emblematic of the division in the GOP

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Patter Song posted:

If you could time travel to early February and talk to Chris Christie:

A. Would you tell him the truth, that if he destroys Marco Rubio at the debate he's going to end up the personal slave of Donald Trump and a national laughingstock and won't even get a Convention speech out of the deal?
Or:
B. Just let him do what he did and not change anything?

I would give him a sealed envelope to be opened either a few days before the Pence nom, or immediately after his endorsement of Trump.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

that awkward moment in human history where we put police in armor, but haven't developed powered space age armor so it all looks like it comes from surplus hockey equipment

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/754755982148898816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

nothing even happening and they're already out all suited up this is going to be such a hosed up convention. they're going to try to stomp every ounce of protest into the dirt

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

Not headliner material. Sorry, Chris, but you're not quite at the level of Kerry Woolard.

Kerry Woolard is General Manager of Trump Wineries

Jesus gently caress.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

where are the sports winners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Jesus gently caress.

a cabinet full of these people would be pretty funny.

• Locked thread