Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Talas and Strobe I'm alive and around all day today so we can get some matches in. At the deadline. As is my normal scheme of maneuver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

I'm alive I swear, just been out of town a ton the past two weeks. If your around this afternoon I can probably get the game in. Deviant too, if he's around.

Maybe tonight? I'm visiting family and I doubt I'll be home before 8 or 9 pm central.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

overdesigned posted:

Talas and Strobe I'm alive and around all day today so we can get some matches in. At the deadline. As is my normal scheme of maneuver.

I'll try to be home at a reasonable hour. Currently at reserve drill, should be over in a few hours.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Maybe tonight? I'm visiting family and I doubt I'll be home before 8 or 9 pm central.

Should work for me! Assuming Win 10 doesn't gently caress up my entire everything.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate posted:

Should work for me! Assuming Win 10 doesn't gently caress up my entire everything.

Ok. Not sure exactly when I'll be home but I'll post here and send you a pm when I'm available.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

overdesigned posted:

Excellent, I should be on Steam around 8pm EST.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Improbable Lobster posted:

Then why would they bring back Thrawn and Dash

They haven't brought back Dash

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I flew your Vessery, Redline, Bomber Buddy list in a casual game last night, spaceinvader! It's a lot of fun. First time actually playing with the TIE Punisher and TIE Bomber and those things can take a surprising amount of fire. Especially the Punisher.

Redline became the number one target to my opponent early on but he really felt the pressure of him throwing 2 target locks out a turn and the threat of Proton Torps and Cluster Missles. Though I had a difficult time effectively utilizing the Seismic Charges since I don't often use bombs.

Fleet Officer on the Gamma Squadron Bomber Buddy Shuttle was super awesome and when my friend decided to try and whittle away on it with his twin laser turret Y-Wings her hull points were enough to absorb the attention.

All in all I think it's a dope list and I kind of want to play it in an upcoming tournament at a local game store, instead of the 4 B-Wings with Accuracy Corrector list I'm humming and hawing about.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Then why would they bring back Thrawn

:chloe:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What sort of design space is left for ships? Feels like they're going to run into a wall of "What does this ship do?" soon. I'm not a designer.

I've had this exact thought every wave since 6, and they consistently manage to crank out ships that do something interesting each wave. :shrug:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey spiggy, you around yet, by any chance? Please send me a friend req/message on Steam when you get the chance, since I don't think I have you on my friends list - not sure when the deadline for the game is, but hopefully we can get in before it!

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 18, 2016

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Then why would they bring back Thrawn

:getout:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
overdesigned vs. Strobe's rumble in the jungle fightstravaganza is probably gonna start in 20 minutes or so, server is up now.

OD vs Strobe
lljk

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh yeah lol I forgot we were first and second seed.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why dont you TTS tournament people make a new thread so this one doesnt get clogged with that stuff

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

zVxTeflon posted:

Why dont you TTS tournament people make a new thread so this one doesnt get clogged with that stuff

Because it's fun to play and fun to watch and gives us stuff to talk about. Goons reporting on matches with other goons is more fun than goons reporting on matches with randos.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Not like much is going on here anyway.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Then why would they bring back Thrawn and Dash

Also Wedge, Tycho / Hobbies and maybe Soontir Fel? Seems like thats literally everyone relevant to the thrawn stuff.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 18, 2016

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

zVxTeflon posted:

Private Games forum exists just for this reason.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

kingcom posted:

Also Wedge, Tycho / Hobbies and maybe Soontir Fel? Seems like thats literally everyone relevant to the thrawn stuff.

Eagerly anticipating the release of a new, canon version of TIE FIGHTER

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Gate you around? Hit me up on steam if yes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

thespaceinvader posted:

Hey can anyone throw me some cool ideas for repaints of my JM5k? It's going to be my oath next month, but I can't think of a scheme :(

Croissant

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

T. Zahn's character Thrawn is really really bad

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

T. Zahn's character Thrawn is really really bad

Thrawn as a concept is fine but yeah hes a real dumb character with his magical see art and know how to beat someone or finding anti-force lizards lol.

I'm fine if hes just a sociopath, egotistical admiral who is really good at seeing patterns from battle reports etc and just does the art thing for the same reason the nazis stole a bunch of art to make him feel superior and more refined than the lesser peoples hes fighting.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

thespaceinvader posted:

Hey can anyone throw me some cool ideas for repaints of my JM5k? It's going to be my oath next month, but I can't think of a scheme :(

Do this with it

Unrelated, anyone have a large number of bases piling up that they don't need? I'm looking for a dozen or so. Maybe more, maybe less.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean if you really want we can talk about how the R3 Astromech is a real disappointing card some more, otherwise I don't see any reason why SA X-Wing league shouldn't get to use the SA X-Wing thread to discuss their SA X-Wing games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Kilo147 posted:

Unrelated, anyone have a large number of bases piling up that they don't need? I'm looking for a dozen or so. Maybe more, maybe less.

I may be able to help.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Some Numbers posted:

I may be able to help.

Goddamn, you're useful.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

I mean if you really want we can talk about how the R3 Astromech is a real disappointing card some more, otherwise I don't see any reason why SA X-Wing league shouldn't get to use the SA X-Wing thread to discuss their SA X-Wing games.

its really fun and interesting to read a ton of scheduling posts and updates on when someone might schedule games posts. Its not like theres a finite amount of threads this website can have or something.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

zVxTeflon posted:

its really fun and interesting to read a ton of scheduling posts and updates on when someone might schedule games posts. Its not like theres a finite amount of threads this website can have or something.

This sounds a lot like "i saw 20 replies and expected to see a new ffg article"

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

This thread comparatively doesn't have as much activity as the magic thread which has enough to need I think 5 threads including their league thread. I mean, I could talk about funny recent developments with the poe dameron body pillow which some of you guys detest even though we all swoon and fawn over him.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

General Battuta posted:

Because it's fun to play and fun to watch and gives us stuff to talk about. Goons reporting on matches with other goons is more fun than goons reporting on matches with randos.

Hey battuta we should play some xwangs this week like tonight 8pm-12pm ESt or weds 6pm-12pm EST!? We should do this get back to me!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Is it time to turn in our Week 10 lists yet? I don't even know

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've not managed to play either of my games yet Spiggy was having trouble with his computer and Geralti was away somewhere I think

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TIE/sf preview

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/18/special-ops/

Some good stuff here!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Sensor cluster is really good, wow.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tekopo posted:

Sensor cluster is really good, wow.

Yeah.

Also the PS3 TIE/sf generic is 23 points so we can stop arguing about it. :)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

FFG posted:

And the math is easy; if you can fire twice for two dice and two dice, those four dice are more than the three you would get from the enhanced attack made from your forward firing arc.

whahuh? Sure, in theory. But if I'm fighting Imp fighters with 3 agility (or 4 because of range 3 or stealth device) then I almost would never want to take 2 attacks at 2v3. I'd get a better chance of pushing damage through with a 3v3, right? If i'm fighting low agility stuff, then sure.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Herux posted:

Hey battuta we should play some xwangs this week like tonight 8pm-12pm ESt or weds 6pm-12pm EST!? We should do this get back to me!

Let's play tonight at 8?!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

And that dial seems really bad. No green hard turns. Red 1 and 3 hard turns (like the Ghost/Shuttle). It's going to have to end up taking a stress to get into position for these prime double arc shots.

• Locked thread