Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Had an epiphany about how the Wii U functions and now I'm sitting on the porch with a cold beer an the Wii u plugged into the outdoor outlet playing Mario Maker on the gamepad. Maybe some Super Mario World later.

I had the urge to replay Super Mario Galaxy today, so I'm playing that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

mycophobia posted:

I had the urge to replay Super Mario Galaxy today, so I'm playing that now.

that reminds me that i have to beat SMG2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

for ultimate relaxin mario maker feels, you should play my levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zw659IBHqQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have this bookmarked lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played one of Bob #3's levels once that he described as an easier one and it was an insane gauntlet of crouch hops and pixel perfect spin jumps and it gave me at least 2 mental diseases before I managed to clear it and I've been unable to play them since.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I played one of Bob #3's levels once that he described as an easier one and it was an insane gauntlet of crouch hops and pixel perfect spin jumps and it gave me at least 2 mental diseases before I managed to clear it and I've been unable to play them since.

lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

spent all day on tokyo mirage sessions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

The Real Mario Maker starts here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also trying to jack off made a maze level that could be cleared in about 40 different ways but each path was 15 to 20 seconds long and that was fun to play thinking about how much he probably drove himself crazy building and practicing every little hop and hallway.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've been playing Gat Out of Hell.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Some more Monster Hunter and also making hot sauce because why not

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

hahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have no diea what level that describes but it sounds about right

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its this level from the middle of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RV8O4Q9rc

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
after cleraing shovel knight ng+, i now have 40/45 achivements. this is fun.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm playing Star Citizen because it's free this week and it's really good trying to find out how to play it properly because everyone on the internet who talks about it has severe mental illness and posts three million words about spaceship fraud

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm playing Star Citizen because it's free this week and it's really good trying to find out how to play it properly because everyone on the internet who talks about it has severe mental illness and posts three million words about spaceship fraud

Is it fun though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Is it fun though
I dunno, it's still a long way from being at all finished, at the moment you can just potter around and do a few basic quests (go to area, kill pirates, investigate wrecks etc). the combat's kind of weird and I don't understand the weapons and movement yet, I guess I was expecting it to feel a bit more like Elite or Freespace but it's definitely its own thing, I'm not actually sure how to aim and there are more buttons than there really need to be.

They get the spaceman fantasy down well though. getting out of bed, putting my spacesuit on, walking through the station, picking my ship to be delivered to the landing pad then heading out and climbing in to take off and blast into hyperspace. being able to climb out and jetpack around exploring satellites and things while worrying that someone might stop by and steal your ship, stranding you in space. that's the good stuff, and all the little details, sounds and area designs really sell it well. the scope and ambition is really amazing, but god knows what the end product will actually be like

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I didn't know it was in a playable state. That's cool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

it's worth playing since it's free for the week but lol at anyone who spends money on it rn

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven't been keeping up with this weird Star Citizen drama but I hope the game eventually comes out, and is good.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Is it fascism yet posted:

after cleraing shovel knight ng+, i now have 40/45 achivements. this is fun.

when the gently caress is the next dlc coming out, it's been like forever at this point.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
made a big pot of red beans & rice, now time for more MHG. also i finally caved a bought a PC gamepad so now i can finally play PC platformers. gonna start with Fez I think, I have somehow stayed unspoiled re: that one

No Such Thing posted:

when the gently caress is the next dlc coming out, it's been like forever at this point.

I think they said end of the year but they're working on King Knight and Spectre Knight simultaneously and they're gonna drop at the same time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fez sucks

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If fez was a straight platformer with the cool flipping around gimmick it would be a great game because it looks nice and has good sounds. But the puzzles are godawful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No Such Thing posted:

If fez was a straight platformer with the cool flipping around gimmick it would be a great game because it looks nice and has good sounds. But the puzzles are godawful.

I kinda liked super paper Mario and it has that same mechanic

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
oh poo poo i just realized i own Mark of the Ninja, nvm i'll start there

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

C-Euro posted:

oh poo poo i just realized i own Mark of the Ninja, nvm i'll start there

this is a really fun game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Such Thing posted:

Whoa. I thought the platforming was kinda sloppy but I loved all the anti-cube puzzles up until the last couple impossible ones. Surprised Im not with the imp zone zeitgeist on this one

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the ole eye-zee zeitgeist

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
mark of the ninja is one of the best stealth games ever made and fez is really really good if you liked myst style puzzles absolutely dont play it for the gimmick alone cause its only used in a clever way like two or three times and the rest is just super monotonous straightforward platforming

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
The puzzles in fez are bullshit!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Making your own language is cute and all but really all it does is add an extra layer of tedium to puzzles. Plus the Tetromino puzzles which are really obtuse until you get the gimmick and then half the puzzles unfold easily. Very few puzzles fit into the challenging sweet spot, it was either super obvious or annoying qr code obtuse bullshit.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
I dunno how to put it cause yeah once you figure out the logic behind them they arent complex, but going in completely unaware the game would pull that and then realizing all that stuff meant something, numbers, letters, button presses, etc, felt really cool. which is why the game is a hard sell. It relies on that surprise to the point where if you expose it, the point is moot, and if you dont, the platforming doesnt carry it. Maybe myst was a really awful comparison but im struggling to think of something else. Whatever the case i still enjoyed it.despite its many flaws

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i thought fez was cool. gently caress all haters

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's been a while since I played it, but the only lasting impressions it left on me was that the intro was really weird and cool, the exploration was pretty solid and the different zones had good feels to them, and translating poo poo was obnoxious and the puzzles didn't exactly care to mesh with the game mechanics.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought it was weird that they had this cool rotating perspective gimmick but a large chunk of the puzzles was just inputting like PS1 era cheat codes like L1R1L1L1L1R1 etc for no reason other than that it was written on the wall for you. Maybe there weren't a lot of those but that's the only thing I can remember about fez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Also trying to jack off made a maze level that could be cleared in about 40 different ways but each path was 15 to 20 seconds long and that was fun to play thinking about how much he probably drove himself crazy building and practicing every little hop and hallway.

completely and i have never fully recovered