Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

tuo posted:

TBH, nobody should laugh at that, but some can't help it (myself included).

IMHO, it describes this very shitshow. I am skimming the CIG forums, that redit stuff (I still don't really understand how that site works...), and this thread.

And I am unsure at the moment...because all the posts in CIG forum read like copy-and-paste poo poo, like if someone has the flu or stepped on a lego brick really bad, reddit argues about religion, and while the overall tone is not positive here, I tend to say that I red the most honest wellwishes to ben in this dead gay comedy forum. Then again, it's late, I drank some wine, and some country next to me tried a coup d'etat yesterday, so I guess my brain currently simply tries to escape this plane of existence.

True. The thread was better when it wasn't 500 pages :regd08: Ben is fat jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Love the Dominions 4 meme posts. :golfclap:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Xaerael posted:

Holy poo poo, Sandi spotted in mrs lesnick's twitter wallpaper.

https://twitter.com/ballroom_blitz

When was her profile picture taken? When she was 12? We get it, you put on 300 pounds. Change your pic to a cat or one of your kids like everyone else does.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Godmode Enabled posted:

True. The thread was better when it wasn't 500 pages :regd08: Ben is fat jokes
Ben's weight is no joke.

It is literally killing him lol.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Making it Rain posted:

Kinda looks like the fat bastard had a mini stroke or something. :thumbsup:

I think that's more of the "I've made a huge mistake" look. Ben's looking back at all the decisions he's made that have taken him to this point.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lazrin posted:

do you know how insurance loving works, you tool?

CIG self insures. As does my company, coincidentally.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So if the prevailing attitude of Shitizens seems to be, "games take a lot of time and money to make, dummy" combined with the fact that the game has apparently only been in development like 15 minutes or whatever - how long do you suppose the average backer expects to keep waiting and paying for SC? Another 4 years? Another 5 years?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Iridium posted:

my grandmother died of it a few months ago.

:(:respek::(
It's a terrible thing.

Sorry for your loss.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

FrankieGoes posted:

CIG self insures. As does my company, coincidentally.

Same with mine. We make a lot of money off it, actually.

Unless there's a huge cost for some reason.

Hmm..

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Godmode Enabled posted:

I don't want people dying in the making of vidya games.

don't worry, that's not what's happening here

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Has MoMA posted since Ben has been in the hospital? Makes you think.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Solvency posted:

i don't think they've posted since Streetroller started doing victory laps in the parking lot

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mendrian posted:

So if the prevailing attitude of Shitizens seems to be, "games take a lot of time and money to make, dummy" combined with the fact that the game has apparently only been in development like 15 minutes or whatever - how long do you suppose the average backer expects to keep waiting and paying for SC? Another 4 years? Another 5 years?

The truly faithful will wait forever.

beep_boop
Feb 2, 2016

Solvency posted:

Hmmm...

His last post was July 13th

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
MOMA is Ben.

Lol.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Looks to me like he has been trying to play Pokémon Go but the Pokémon won.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

This horrifying funding tactic creates the development vortex. A churning pool of online shows and blogs that showcase horrible yet terribly alluring development pipelines. The song of the vortex is heard by all gamers in the world, whispering sweet melodies of immersion and fidelity, beckoning all people to come bask in its 64 bit presence. Its song is especially strongly felt by virgins, summoning them to the online store. The gamers that enter the free fly weekend stare dumbfounded at the clipping and t-posing in the vortex, or throw their money heedlessly into development. Sandi then collects suitable victims to use in other funding projects. Eventually, when no whales are left in the world to view the vortex, funding dries out and dies. Gamers with strong family ties will be less affected by the beckoning and those with no friends or family will be more drawn to the vortex.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Kosumo posted:

Pokémon Gone

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Caught up with thread!

I'm not going to wish death on the dude, even if he is trash, but I wonder where things will go should he kick the bucket. I want to imagine some heartfelt "we'll miss the guy, and now we're doubly committed to making the game he would've wanted!" post on Sandi's twitter to make the poo poo pile they're stacking up and calling a game all the worse.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Sum Mors posted:

Caught up with thread!

I'm not going to wish death on the dude, even if he is trash, but I wonder where things will go should he kick the bucket. I want to imagine some heartfelt "we'll miss the guy, and now we're doubly committed to making the game he would've wanted!" post on Sandi's twitter to make the poo poo pile they're stacking up and calling a game all the worse.

He'll be added to "THE WALL"

They'll typo his name and fire his wife.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

looks like Alexis just caught a Snorlax pokemon

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

posting about ben is really funny haha lol

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/41BgCPt.gifv

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Since the disappearance of Ben, the goons have longed for the warmth and reputed splendor of Moma's posting. These accusations lure Moma from his heavenly abode to once more post on the dead gay something awful forum. But the intent is a malicious one, for once the Ben has entered the labyrinthine hallways of the hospital he is led astray and trapped in the healthcare industry. With only goons posting among themselves, the forum is plunged into darkness. As long as Ben remains hospitalized the posting quality will continue to be reduced forum wide.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EminusSleepus posted:

looks like Alexis just caught a Snorlax pokemon

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Should I make a thread for Ben chat [y/n]?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Foo Diddley posted:

thread would be problematic in a highly institutional way.

he is fat you see and he is beautiful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SurfaceDetail posted:

The devs said they want 2.5 live at the end of august for gamescom.

Gamescom is mid august. They wanted to have 2.5 out before gamescom and 2.6 AT gamescom.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Foo Diddley posted:

"How I got jewed by my lifestyle - The Ben Lesnick Story"

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gamescom is mid august. They wanted to have 2.5 out before gamescom and 2.6 AT gamescom.

yea that aint happenin.

Honestly I think 2.5 (with the features they've mentioned being in it, not a stripped down version) will be PTU by then maybe.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Okay gently caress it: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783586

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SurfaceDetail posted:

yea that aint happenin.

Honestly I think 2.5 (with the features they've mentioned being in it, not a stripped down version) will be PTU by then maybe.

Mid August?

The last time they tried to hit a patch deadline they were late by 3 to 5 weeks.

Hell, they reached patch letter T or so before it left the illuminati evocati.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

The walking around part was likely a step too far.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I bet he had the nurse turn off the heart rate monitors sound after he got annoyed.

"For the last time, I'm NOT backing up!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No, but If I was going to rape 12 year old girls I'd get a vasectomy... but I'm not so I won't so there. #14547
I rape all kinds of stuff. Lets watch Friends. #20285
You know what I don't get? People who keep complaining that we're killing Iraqi children. These people have clearly never met a foreigner before. #21156
A black guy who can't find crack? I think not. I really shouldn't be letting my nine year old cousin watch this. #21603
The Jeffersons moved on up. They were pretty black. #15029
You know what they don't have here in college? Black people. #18464
There are absolutely no black people here. #18465
Poor Old friend of the family Thinks It's A Cadillac. #17627
I would have been back earlier, but I got jewed in CounterStrike, friend of the family. #21860
Huzzah, downloaded the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Generation. Hehe, this is so great. May is pretty hot for a ten year old. #21520
Jewish people don't drive busses. They run gold ring making companies and holocaust museums and delis. #19627
Japan invented getting a nuclear bomb dropped on themselves. #20863
I wish they'd invent a way to trade between the original Pokemons and the GBA Pokemons. You'd think that Japan, the country that invented getting attacked with nuclear bombs, would be smart enough to figure that out. #21582
But I always assumed that if I wanted to kill people, I could at least get a classroom worth. #18017
There are lots of mature 15 year olds... Well, he's *MORE* mature then he used to be. #5435
Wow, Hades, do you try to pursue homosexual relations with children age 8-13 too? #7673

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

This mighty project is a blessing to gamers across the world. Spergs, grognards, perverts and cultists are all drained from the communities of other games. All these toxic gamers are siphoned from these communities and concentrated in Star Citizen, effectively giving Chris Roberts a huge income from a toxic community of whales. Player satisfaction is slightly increased in all other space games in the world.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Mid August?

The last time they tried to hit a patch deadline they were late by 3 to 5 weeks.

Hell, they reached patch letter T or so before it left the illuminati evocati.

Yea but if they dont have 2.5 for gamescom even the hardiest citizen will falter. Its almost like an actual deadline

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

peter gabriel posted:

When people are ill everything sort of stops for me and I just wish them well

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maybe you should bring him more donuts, Sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

SurfaceDetail posted:

Yea but if they dont have 2.5 for gamescom even the hardiest citizen will falter. Its almost like an actual deadline

You mistake CIG for a company that actually knows what its community wants and cares enough to achieve it.

• Locked thread