Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo, to whoever suggested using an AUX cable into your computer's Line In then listening to the device to use headphones/VOIP wile playing this game, thank you! I can't believe I never thought of doing it this way before :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do you just not get an area map in Prowler Mode?

Just grab it from the box

e: I changed all my panels around right from the start so I don't know if this is a new player question or a UI question

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ignimbrite posted:

I missed FUs volcano

I am glad to see shogun ceanataur is as much of an rear end as he ever was, but with bleed if you get hit when his flick-blades are out

The one in the village capture quest is really good at dying without ever limping. Took me three tries.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gently caress it i'll just use a sns even if the coat mechanics weird

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Ciaphas posted:

Does anyone have any Weird Old Tricks for doing adept guards with CB? I find the delay after attacking or doing much of anything except sitting there waiting for the cue so you can guard on time to be too onerous to get any use out of it.

Evade in axe is nice, though.

You're really meant to use guard points for it; that's why you get another guard point in adept style and the guard points overall are much more noticeable.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Guard points in adept function just like all other guard points though

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Hi guys, just got the new game and it's been real fun so far. Aerial IG is real fun so far.

Still rockin the Zinogre love from last year

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Blangonga is the ender of 1 star groups. I'll hop on discord if I can't get a group through this. I'm all out of consumables though so time to prowler farm some gathering quests.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Is there any other tricks to nibelsnarf? I've done bombs, fishing and eating bombs. Any thing else to speed thia up?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
LMAO crying

And this armada dude all sad lmfaooooo

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

scaterry posted:

Is there any other tricks to nibelsnarf? I've done bombs, fishing and eating bombs. Any thing else to speed thia up?

Mount him while he's in the ground then attack the thing in his mouth.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What're people thinking of the limit break hunter art on CB? I find that I ultra very rarely, and for all other purposes I cycle phials enough that I don't need the additional two capacity.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Falcon2001 posted:

Anyone with big hands able to recommend a grip for the N3dsXL? I've got a silicone rubber one that's okay but wondering if there's a super good one I'm ignoring. :(

I use this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Trigg...%3D401048177296

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Crystal-Case-Nintendo-3DS-XL/dp/B00TKVWVOS

I can't stand holding rubber or other friction-ey grips for extended periods. This one is a nice solid plastic, it looks small but fits my hands perfectly.

I originally went with it because there weren't any grips available in the US right when the New 3DS launched but I've been using it since then and I'm a big fan.

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 18, 2016

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Rascyc posted:

Guard points in adept function just like all other guard points though

Really? I guess I was mistaken, my bad.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Elysiume posted:

What're people thinking of the limit break hunter art on CB? I find that I ultra very rarely, and for all other purposes I cycle phials enough that I don't need the additional two capacity.

It's best used at level three and paired with load up. Level three gives you ten phials and load up means red charges ten phials. Go hog wild.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I've been working my way though the weapons, trying out the new aerial style. Charge Blade was a disaster, Long Sword had me convinced my R was broken, etc etc etc.

Then I found out that with Dual Blades, you can go devil trigger. "Wolf's Maw I" makes you burn with blue flames, red glowing eyes, and a black shadowed face. It also doubles your damage output for about fifteen seconds!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
bruh SnS and aerial swagaxe are loving broken, holy poo poo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Get the excavation skill for at least one of your cats, you won't be disappointed.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

Sword and shield is my new love. I went with it when I first played Tri, and wasn't quite happy with it. But now I do sick flips off of monsters while knocking them out. Striker might be better, I don't care, I'm gonna kick flip off of monster's faces forever.

I'm glad the insect glaive isn't so overpowered anymore. Any time I used a different weapon in 4U, there was always that voice in the back of my head, "but you would kill this so much faster if you just used your glaive". I love you insect glaive, but we need a break.

Also Malfestio is a really fun fight and my brain seems to totally ignore the confusion. All my cats are gonna be dressed up like little owls.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Got to HR5 and built out a Lagombi S set and it rules with aerial dual blades. The added evasion invincibility and extra aerial damage has turned me into a helicopter of death.

Now to farm an Astalos plate with a 4% drop rate. Ffffffffff

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Going to boot up the game for the first time after I get done with midterms. Any tips for a bow newbie?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Got to HR5 and built out a Lagombi S set and it rules with aerial dual blades. The added evasion invincibility and extra aerial damage has turned me into a helicopter of death.

Now to farm an Astalos plate with a 4% drop rate. Ffffffffff

Don't trip the desire sensor friend

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wow, Iodrome has a massive health pool doesn't he? First monster I've ever lost so much stamina on

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

bruh SnS and aerial swagaxe are loving broken, holy poo poo.

Add striker lance to that list, dang this thing is insane. The charge finisher damage is crazy and the arts are all really good. I just shredded the rank 1 urgent Maccao in about 2 minutes with equivalent gear :stare:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I have only played aerial. Does each extra hunter art get and keep its own charge? That would probably give me a reason to wanna try guild/striker more, I was assuming they shared meters until I thought about it. :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm actually a bit overwhelmed over there being so much to do and so many quests to fulfill but the amount of actual, needed quests to move up in rank is so small and good luck figuring out which ones they are without a wiki.
Incidentally, do I need to do online quests to go up to G Rank or whatever the high ranks is called here? I forget how it was from Tri

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone give me an easy way to off the Nibelsnarf because I'm too tired for this poo poo.

I know about the bombs+fishing but half the time he eats the bomb and nothing happens, I get knocked out of the fishing animation or he just leaves after I set up a bomb. And you can carry like 2 per hunt? Honestly what the gently caress. I must be missing something because he doesn't seem to leave any openings otherwise i.e. constantly charging back and forth.

e: and he deals half my HP in a single charge

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 18, 2016

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Minrad posted:

I have only played aerial. Does each extra hunter art get and keep its own charge? That would probably give me a reason to wanna try guild/striker more, I was assuming they shared meters until I thought about it. :v:

Yes, but at the start you seem to get one solid and then some fairly situational ones.

Seems like there's potential for a lot of the Aerial style love to get converted to Striker supremacy if there are good late game arts. I was messing around with GS Striker and chaining a quick AOE damage + damage buff art into the starter ground slashy thing.

I was just doing it while farming something easy, so it's hard to get a gauge on how effective it was... but it went from not limping at all to dead next time I hit it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Relentless posted:

Yes, but at the start you seem to get one solid and then some fairly situational ones.

Seems like there's potential for a lot of the Aerial style love to get converted to Striker supremacy if there are good late game arts. I was messing around with GS Striker and chaining a quick AOE damage + damage buff art into the starter ground slashy thing.

I was just doing it while farming something easy, so it's hard to get a gauge on how effective it was... but it went from not limping at all to dead next time I hit it.

Yeah there's an art that provides 100% combine rate, as well as maximum combine production, that I could see getting some use for late game bowgunning. Especially LBG! But if i could, I'd probably still want to take things like Full House.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the fishing trick with snarf???

I just played aerial and jumped all over snarf.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Calaveron posted:

I'm actually a bit overwhelmed over there being so much to do and so many quests to fulfill but the amount of actual, needed quests to move up in rank is so small and good luck figuring out which ones they are without a wiki.
Incidentally, do I need to do online quests to go up to G Rank or whatever the high ranks is called here? I forget how it was from Tri

Online has its own set of key quests and urgents you need to do to rank up. There's no G rank in Gen, just HR, LR, and the Deviant monsters.

Tri was a weird game where you had to grind quests over and over to get your HR up. You don't have to do that anymore.

Your Computer posted:

Someone give me an easy way to off the Nibelsnarf because I'm too tired for this poo poo.

I know about the bombs+fishing but half the time he eats the bomb and nothing happens, I get knocked out of the fishing animation or he just leaves after I set up a bomb. And you can carry like 2 per hunt? Honestly what the gently caress. I must be missing something because he doesn't seem to leave any openings otherwise i.e. constantly charging back and forth.

e: and he deals half my HP in a single charge

You can bring the materials to combine more bombs in the field.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rascyc posted:

What's the fishing trick with snarf???

I just played aerial and jumped all over snarf.

if he eats a bomb (while not angry) or just gets stunned particularly hard he'll end up pointing straight up for a few seconds. if you sheath and run over to him you can fish him out of the sand before he recovers. if you take too long (mash all the buttons to make it happen quickly) or people attack him instead of fishing he'll recover and slap everyone near him

jump to right after 3 minutes to see it happen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IbAWwVyjyU&t=190s

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 18, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Khaal posted:

Add striker lance to that list, dang this thing is insane. The charge finisher damage is crazy and the arts are all really good. I just shredded the rank 1 urgent Maccao in about 2 minutes with equivalent gear :stare:

I have not tried Lance at all in MHGen, except for a brief foray into the Arena with Adept and I didn't like it at all

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Friend posted:

You can bring the materials to combine more bombs in the field.

Oh yeah, building bombs in the middle of the desert while being assaulted by an enormous sandlizard, that sounds like a great idea :colbert: (that's actually a great idea though, thanks!)

Aerial sounds like it might be a thing to try out too (so far I've gone Adept on all my weapons because hnngh it's so good), because I'm sure I'll have to fight him again. In the end I killed him by repeatedly slamming my face into his face until he died, chugging through all of my 10 potions and mega potions. Whoever designed this desert must be a jerk.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
One of the cats stole the Bullfango head off a Bullfango.

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I have not tried Lance at all in MHGen, except for a brief foray into the Arena with Adept and I didn't like it at all

Striker lance is a completely different playstyle. Basically, you charge whenever you can (sometimes even at point blank range) and go crazy with your hunter arts. You can also do the poke poke poke step combo when the situation calls for it, but really, Always Be Charging.

I tried out adept lance in the demo quite a few times, hoping to click with it but it never happened - same with adept gunlance. Maybe it needs more practice but yeah it just doesn't feel fun like many of the other styles.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Uhh is it better to just jump straight into online mode or grind out some villages in single player first?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How viable is playing as prowlers? Can you get through the game exclusively as one?

Slaughtering giant monsters as a little cat man is what has me interested in this game.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
If they've kept the functionality from MH4U, you can put some combines as shortcuts on your bottom screen. This'll let you make more bombs for Nibels without loving with menus in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SeANMcBAY posted:

How viable is playing as prowlers? Can you get through the game exclusively as one?

Slaughtering giant monsters as a little cat man is what has me interested in this game.

It's distinctly Not As Good, primarily being a girlfriend-mode of sorts, but yes.

• Locked thread