Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
I have a new addition for the pile - Mr. Robot. Let's take Fight Club and mix it with Hackers. Even Fear The Walking Dead with the group of survivors who have gone full retard is better than this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Superior Bastard posted:

I have a new addition for the pile - Mr. Robot. Let's take Fight Club and mix it with Hackers. Even Fear The Walking Dead with the group of survivors who have gone full retard is better than this show.

We already decided it was "Yes Dear".

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i heard that mr. robot is really good, but i kept seeing ads for it on the subway that turned me off from watching it. think "Holden Caulfield saying poo poo after listening to three hours of Bill Hicks standup"

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Y-Hat posted:

i heard that mr. robot is really good, but i kept seeing ads for it on the subway that turned me off from watching it. think "Holden Caulfield saying poo poo after listening to three hours of Bill Hicks standup"

So.... It's the television equivalence of a Guy Fawkes mask?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Blistex posted:

We already decided it was "Yes Dear".

Actually we decided that Yes, Dear is actually pretty good.

edit: sorry for saying actually twice in the same sentence

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

CannedMacabre posted:

So.... It's the television equivalence of a Guy Fawkes mask?
you got it. in fact, one of the ads for this season has a guy in a guy fawkes mask, only the mustache is white and pointier. the taglines are far less stupid, though

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
That 80s show was very bad

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

eric posted:

That is the show that leaped into my mind the instant I saw this thread.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
What was that terrible "Married: With Children" knockoff with the stuffed rabbit? That show was loving awful.

Fake EDIT: Unhappily Ever After

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone mention Son of the Beach yet? That Howard Stern Baywatch thing, where the entire show was just nothing but sex jokes. That was pretty great when I was in 7th grade. And I'm sure it was probably one of the most unfunny things ever made, in reality.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
I know its been said already but gently caress Scandal. my girlfriend watches it and its like every drat episode they keep cranking up the insanity and escalating every situation and its sensory overload how many twists they introduce and then dump for the next plot point, its like gently caress give your audience some breathing room already.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

eric posted:

That '70s Show worked because it was standard sitcom fare that just happened to be set in the 1970s without calling any attention to it. That '80s Show threw that all out the window and went full stupid by having no dialogue or original characters, just '80s references nonstop.

*girl walks in dressed like Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan* "Rubik's Cube! Reagan is the president! What's a CD? The Falklands have just been invaded!"

*guy dressed like Don Johnson from Miami Vice answers back* "Parachute pants! Q-Bert! Michael Jackson! This is your brain on drugs! Pretty in Pink! We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for the journey and waved goodbye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to touch the face of God!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Junk posted:

I know its been said already but gently caress Scandal. my girlfriend watches it and its like every drat episode they keep cranking up the insanity and escalating every situation and its sensory overload how many twists they introduce and then dump for the next plot point, its like gently caress give your audience some breathing room already.

And most of the twists are fixed by Olivia Pope loving the bad guy or the president. If that doesn't work, her pal the PTSD/Autistic/family-stalker guy kills them.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
House. He was just so toxically awful, and his little minions would scrape for his favor and commit crimes for him rather than send out resumes like normal people would.

Also he shot a body and put it in an MRI to test if that would break the MRI. Why not just try a small magnet, genius? Or google if bullets are made of magnetic metals?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MoreLikeTen posted:

House. He was just so toxically awful, and his little minions would scrape for his favor and commit crimes for him rather than send out resumes like normal people would.

Also he shot a body and put it in an MRI to test if that would break the MRI. Why not just try a small magnet, genius? Or google if bullets are made of magnetic metals?

I know I'm about the millionth wise guy to say this, but it is laughably unrealistic that a doctor would insist on vicodin when there are much stronger opiates that aren't loaded with apap.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

CannedMacabre posted:

What was that terrible "Married: With Children" knockoff with the stuffed rabbit? That show was loving awful.

Fake EDIT: Unhappily Ever After

Unhappily Ever After lasted exactly 100 episodes. Two Broke Girls is at 116 and going. Mathematical evidence that Kat Dennings' tits > Nikki Cox tits.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Junk posted:

My girlfriend watches this and I have to listen to it because I'm in the same room. The show uses the phrase "You are the President of the United States!" with some mention of the free world, the citizens of this country, all eyes are on you, etc, so much and so melodramatically that it makes my ears bleed.

Also, I don't think a show led by a woman has ever been so regressive.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I would have to agree that Space Ghost Coast to Coast is one of the finest pieces of television ever created. I don't think I have ever watched any live-action Adult Swim shows - the whole idea sounds like a bad one.

Oh god, I love SG:C2C. :glomp:

Autumn Angel posted:

I hate "Modern Family" a lot. It tries to be politically progressive in a number of ways but forgets how to be interesting at all. Every character is completely unlikable and 1-dimensional.

Overall, I like it, but man, I can't stand any scene that heavily involves Mitchell. I think it's more of a problem with the actor, because he gives his lines always too perfectly, and not naturally at all. Then again, maybe they're writing them that way. He just really comes across as 'hey, I'm a character in a show that you're watching, and nothing more!' a lot.

Phil's the best.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Unhappily Ever After lasted exactly 100 episodes. Two Broke Girls is at 116 and going. Mathematical evidence that Kat Dennings' tits > Nikki Cox tits.

I don't know -- they were pretty spectacular
She was utterly mesmerizing to the point that I would actually watch the show just to ogle her (a rarity in the pre-Two Broke Girls TV landscape).

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
You're The Worst and that fairy tale show on ABC

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
As a true GBS loyal I despise all entertainment and consider every show to be total garbage.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

RedMage129 posted:

As a true GBS loyal I despise all entertainment and consider every show to be total garbage.

You don't even own a TV, do you?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

He does, but it's a 19" CRT that he only uses to watch VHS recordings of Bob Ross shows on.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Bob Ross is a good media choice though.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Night Court, which ran for 9 seasons somehow

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Professor Shark posted:

I couldn't even finish the first season of AHS, I read the synopsis on Wikipedia and it sounded like I made the right choice

Interesting. I found season 1 of AHS to be literally the best season of any show I've ever watched. I've watched a lot of tv, I was a latchkey kid. The way they drop twists and mythos reveals and the wryness of all the characters was brilliant.

Season 2 was an utterly unwatchable mess. 3 had some great parts but, like that one poster mentioned, they just swapped out the main story arc in seemingly every other episode. Season 4 started great and then became not good at all once they got rid of the clown

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Night Court was baller.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

AHS is like Walking Dead where it gets lots of praise despite obviously being bad.

Meh, the shot selection is amazing and characters are usually interesting, but man the writers refuse to just pick a central conflict and stick with it, so it often ends up disjointed and runaway train-esque. AHS that is. Like season 4, I thought they had all the pieces in place for a three way conflict: The clown hunts citizens, who mistakenly blame the freaks, who try to hunt down the clown to stop the towns rage. But nope, let's kill off the best character and introduce like 5 different sinister characters because who the hell likes a strong narrative, anyway

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 19, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Dennis System posted:

Night Court was baller.

This.

I'm wondering if maybe it doesn't age well, because a lot of its shtick was how nontraditional it was for an 80s 90s sitcom

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The Walking Dead.

Zombies are a boring as hell premise to begin with, and the show attempts to do nothing interesting with it. I have an ex who I watched the first two seasons with and it's the most boring poo poo I have ever seen. The characters are boring as gently caress and the show recycles the same 'hey lets go here we'll be safe oh no we're not safe' thing over and over.

Not to mention the awful fan base and merchandising everywhere.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Despite having liked China IL which of course got canceled, I have to say Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio so far is loving terrible.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Say what you will about the show, but that theme song was one of the best ever written (for a sitcom):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUltrX-ICew

We need a PYF TV Show theme songs :allears:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
as bad as allen gregory was, after watching lucifer on a plane, i'm tempted to change my answer

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Lucifer On A Plane sounds like a great show.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The worst show, (probably not even mentioned yet since the forums got pussified) is Barney & Friends. Its a loving show for babies, and the main star is this big moron in a dinosaur costume. Yes, 2.5 decades after Jurassic Park the 'dinosaur' on this show is just some douche with a big goofy purple suit that talks to you like your a retard. The show ran for like a million years, and now they're even making aa new one which is sure to be the gayest thing ever.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The quality of a children's show is based 100% on how much stuff the bored writing staff throw in for the adults that are forced to watch it. This is why programs that are specially formulated by child development experts for the benefit of children are unbearably awful for adults to sit through.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

No no no. I Obsessively watch every show but ONLY to have talking points about how awful it is when I come to post the epic takedown of the creators and anyone who finds amusement in watching it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I just got hired by SyFy to rank every episode of LOST.
Easily, the number one best will be that one where they introduce Nikki and Paulo

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Nerds posted:

I just got hired by SyFy to rank every episode of LOST.
Easily, the number one best will be that one where they introduce Nikki and Paulo

They're all poo poo. There, I've done your work for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Best Show: Hogan's Heroes

Worst Show: Dr. Quinn

• Locked thread