Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Minnesota represent

https://twitter.com/bgolnik/status/754824608742858752

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Joementum posted:

He said in a series of interviews that he does not need to read extensively because he reaches the right decisions “with very little knowledge other than the knowledge I [already] had, plus the words ‘common sense,’ because I have a lot of common sense and I have a lot of business ability.”

wow we're hosed

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

pro read as hell

quote:

One morning in early June, Nunberg recalled, he was sitting in Trump Tower as his boss read that day’s New York Post. There was a column by conservative writer Jonah Goldberg gleefully ridiculing the Apprentice star’s 2016 prospects. “He’s a more plausible candidate than, say, Honey Boo Boo,” it read, “but that’s mostly because of constitutional age limits.” When Trump finished, he set the paper down quietly on his desk.

“Why don’t they respect me, Sam?” Trump asked.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Now there's an account I'll be following this week.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

smell this posted:

wait a second
doesn't trump read to bible

He's read Two Gentlemen of Corinth.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Donald J. Trump was told, no, it was not sensible to have Don King, the flamboyant boxing promoter, address the Republican convention. But Mr. Trump, who has repeatedly boasted of having Mr. King’s support, kept pressing the matter.

Finally, officials including Reince Priebus, the Republican national chairman, firmly explained to Mr. Trump why Mr. King should not be invited: He once stomped a man to death and was convicted of manslaughter. The party could not associate itself with someone convicted of a felony.

Mr. Trump eventually relented. Mr. King, a Cleveland native, will not take the stage.

But the exchange, relayed by three Republican strategists familiar with the conversations, highlights the difficulties that planners have had building a program for a presidential candidate who is as much an entertainer as a politician. After months of saying he wanted a convention that would feature the sort of “showbiz” that past party conclaves lacked, Mr. Trump will arrive here Monday for a more traditional gathering than he may have envisioned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/18/us/politics/republican-convention-speakers.html

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Hasn't even been nominated and already kowtowing to the Establishment. Sad!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/754867047935438848

I say go for it!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Atrocious Joe posted:

So from my knowledge of Crusader Kings, he's going to want to get realm laws to absolute cognatic with feudal elective or tanistry. In order to get cognatic he's going to either have to become basque culture, or convert to Cathar or Messalian religion. A bonus for Trump for becoming Messalian is that he can then marry close relatives.

Considering how much the Trump campaign pulls from /pol/ he's probably working off similar information.

Oh, I'm glad you pointed out the tanistry or elective issue, I was about to point out that Don Jr. is older than Ivanka so any form of primogeniture would rule her out.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
He has no time to read, he said: “I never have. I’m always busy doing a lot. Now I’m more busy, I guess, than ever before.”

quote:

He said in a series of interviews that he does not need to read extensively because he reaches the right decisions “with very little knowledge other than the knowledge I [already] had, plus the words ‘common sense,’ because I have a lot of common sense and I have a lot of business ability.”

Trump said he is skeptical of experts because “they can’t see the forest for the trees.” He believes that when he makes decisions, people see that he instinctively knows the right thing to do: “A lot of people said, ‘Man, he was more accurate than guys who have studied it all the time.’ ”

Trump said reading long documents is a waste of time because he absorbs the gist of an issue very quickly. “I’m a very efficient guy,” he said. “Now, I could also do it verbally, which is fine. I’d always rather have — I want it short. There’s no reason to do hundreds of pages because I know exactly what it is.”

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Manafort speaking on C SPAN right now says the convention is about introducing the American people to who Donald Trump really is.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The 60 minutes interview is online and terrifying to watch:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-republican-ticket/

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

What mad fucks are running their polling?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Kobayashi posted:

The 60 minutes interview is online and terrifying to watch:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-republican-ticket/

gently caress you CBS

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Patter Song posted:

Oh, I'm glad you pointed out the tanistry or elective issue, I was about to point out that Don Jr. is older than Ivanka so any form of primogeniture would rule her out.

Don Junior died choking from poison, never knowing the name of his killer.

> Excellent...

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Tainen posted:

Was this actually in the interview or is it made up?

https://twitter.com/jysexton/status/754838681836544000

oh my god, I can't

you've killed me

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zeroisanumber posted:

What mad fucks are running their polling?

dutchess

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
Disable the ad blocker, it's the only way you will get to see Lesley Stahl's blowup doll lipstick.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/CPAC/status/754869576823898112https://twitter.com/marcambinder/status/754830151372840960

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

i read this and see western civilization standing with its toes on the lip of a deep, dark hole

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Swedgin posted:

pro read as hell

So is this what nunberg is getting sued about?
e: nope, covered in the story

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 18, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
well, im kinda retarded i guess, because i just now figured out the keeping it 1600 jon favreau isn't the actor

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

I'm dead-loving serious with this question: How are all of the establishment Trump supporters able to sleep at night? How the gently caress can they look at themselves in the mirror and not immediately stick a shotgun in their mouth?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Maybe we will get lucky and turkey will nuke NYC

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
They absolutely know they're playing with fire here.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Necc0 posted:

I'm dead-loving serious with this question: How are all of the establishment Trump supporters able to sleep at night? How the gently caress can they look at themselves in the mirror and not immediately stick a shotgun in their mouth?
He's going to lower taxes for the rich.

They would probably back Literally Adolf Hitler if Adolf Hitler proposed removing the capital gains tax and privatizing social security.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

i read this and see western civilization standing with its toes on the lip of a deep, dark hole

Yeah I don't know what it is about this weekend but the more I read the more I feel this sort of sinking dread that I don't know what to do with, and no amount of Jeb! clips is making me feel better.

Might be time to take a break from following this stuff.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/geertwilderspvv/status/754843202729938945

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Karl Sharks posted:

nobody reads it more, in fact

Nobody is more biblical mostly because nobody is more like Lot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nessus posted:

He's going to lower taxes for the rich.

They would probably back Literally Adolf Hitler if Adolf Hitler proposed removing the capital gains tax and privatizing social security.

I don't know why they're expecting to spend all that tax savings after there's nothing to spend it on

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Nobody is more biblical mostly because nobody is more like Lot

Donald, reading the Bible?

Why would anyone need to read their own autobiography?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Here lies the United States. We broke it because we got bored.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Great article. Everyone should read it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Necc0 posted:

What's the alternative? Go with Not-Trump and burn the party to the ground even faster, and for those present at the convention, quite possibly die in the Sack of Cleveland?

No, no. Maybe Orange Hitler will burn out and we can go back to the way things were.

The way things are supposed to be.

:gonk:

Edit: Please ignore the whispers from the dark that urge you to sacrifice those you love to the always-hungering maw of the void instead. That's for 2020. Ted Cruz 2020.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 18, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

What's the alternative? Go with Not-Trump and burn the party to the ground even faster, and for those present at the convention, quite possibly die in the Sack of Cleveland?

No, no. Maybe Orange Hitler will burn out and we can go back to the way things were.

The way things are supposed to be.

:gonk:

He's gonna burn something out

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Most of them are avoiding the convention and just trying to survive the year. Those who are at the convention are just going to give fifteen minute speeches about the need to cut taxes, never mention Trump, and gently caress off. When this is over, they'll try to bury him.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 31 minutes!

Necc0 posted:

end justify the means i suppose

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Al! posted:

He's gonna burn something out

Cleveland is an acceptable sacrifice to save humanity.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Al! posted:

I don't know why they're expecting to spend all that tax savings after there's nothing to spend it on

the rich don't spend money, they just accumulate it

anything that makes the number bigger is a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Most of them are avoiding the convention and just trying to survive the year. Those who are at the convention are just going to give fifteen minute speeches about the need to cut taxes, never mention Trump, and gently caress off. When this is over, they'll try to bury him.

Ron Johnson must have really just given up all hope of reelection. He's the only endangered Senator on the speaking list, but his reelection bid is effectively a lost cause anyway.

• Locked thread