Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Al-Saqr posted:

history has shown that people like them are actual poison who actually convert people into hurting others. because behind every punchline of theirs there's hundreds of years worth of actual suffering meted out by people like them
Has history actually shown that? Were comedians and opportunistic video games journalists the harbingers of genocide at some point? I'm betting it was serious people and not obvious trolls that led to every great massacre in history.

And Milo Yopolis is just a oval office. A young gay Brit espouses all the exact same ideas as Rush Limbaugh? How do people not see right through this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Grant DaNasty posted:

This.

I've watched interviews with Milo, and he's admitted a few times that he's a contrarian who likes to get a rise out of people. He might truly believe in what he says, but most of all he just enjoys trolling people. I saw an interview he did with Gavin McInnes (I know, I know), and he said to him, not an exact quote but, "We're natural contrarians, in five years when the mainstream pendulum swings the other way, we'll be on the other side pissing off the right".

So I can't take him too seriously. He's like an exaggerated version of right wing gay guy.

I'm just ironically burning this cross on this black guy's lawn, bro. Maybe if society wasn't so liberal pussified I wouldn't have to act so contrarian.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

Has history actually shown that? Were comedians and opportunistic video games journalists the harbingers of genocide at some point? I'm betting it was serious people and not obvious trolls that led to every great massacre in history.

And Milo Yopolis is just a oval office. A young gay Brit espouses all the exact same ideas as Rush Limbaugh? How do people not see right through this?

Regardless how "obvious" it may be, if the people who read his dreck thought he was a troll they wouldn't be reading it. What you or even he think about his motives or intentions is immaterial in the face of its effect.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 10, 2016

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Dirt posted:

Edit : maybe self loathing isn't the right term here. But I don't know what else you would call it. He clearly would rather not be gay, and has little empathy for regard for other gay people. Possibly due to his own unresolved issues. What do you call that?

"Alt-right movement"

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cnut the Great posted:

Milo's a xenophobic fuckhead but he doesn't seem self-loathing at all. I mean he's very, very obviously gay and he seems comfortable with it. I don't know where people are getting that vibe from. I think it's just because his political orientation doesn't fit your narrow-minded stereotype of what a gay person should be like. It's just as cringe-inducing as when liberals accuse all female Republicans of being women who've simply internalized misogyny, or when they call black Republicans "Uncle Toms". It's condescending as gently caress. Like, you're incapable of taking these people seriously as individuals with their own thoughts and opinions, which they've formed as a result of their own personal experiences. All you see is a Gay Person, or a Woman, or a Black Person. You're just as bad as Milo is when he claims liberals are all just self-hating white people.

To be fair to the people you're complaining about, black Republicans are loving Uncle Tom self-loathing scumbag retards, as are all female Republicans, gay Republicans, and other minorities who are loathed by the GOP on a loving fundamental level and yet attempt to get in with them because they're greedy pigs.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Al-Saqr posted:

Haha so funny saying that poor black people deserve their lot in life and that Muslims and refugees are subhumans who are 'ruining our culture 'should be put on national registers and that Mexicans are rapists and right wing fascism is cool, "rebellious" and good, what a bunch of jokers they are soooo funny punching downwards at the right groups of people no way people like them have ever mobilized and ended up actually convincing people of those positions, thus adding to the suffering of human beings, nope, it's just a joke! Like on top gear!

There is no bigger scum in life than comedians and trolls who maliciously strike at the unfortunate and dispossessed because history has shown that people like them are actual poison who actually convert people into hurting others. because behind every punchline of theirs there's hundreds of years worth of actual suffering meted out by people like them, when the pendulum swings they won't swing leftwards they'll just keep swinging ever more rightwards in the face of their core audience.

Wow, I cannot loving agree with you more.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Rogan needs to have Sam Hyde on.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Who cares about trolls and punching down, Chael is coming on today.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

always be closing posted:

Who cares about trolls and punching down, Chael is coming on today.

This. x100000000000000000000

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Chael's always a joy to listen to, bags of charisma

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
His podcast is decent as well, I'm not a pro wrestling guy, but he has good guests who make it interesting.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Checked out Your Moms House in the last week and love it. H2Champ and Big Mommy Jacket make a cute couple and it's definitely an easy hour and a half to get through. On some of the shows they spend half the time watching clips and riffing on them but since I usually get the podcast on youtube it works for me.

Highly recommended.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 17, 2016

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

Chromatic posted:

Checked out Your Moms House in the last week and love it. H2Champ and Big Mommy Jacket make a cute couple and it's definitely an easy hour and a half to get through. On some of the shows they spend half the time watching clips and riffing on them but since I usually get the podcast on youtube it works for me.

Highly recommended.

Yes, YMH is hilarious.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
the worst post i've ever made

rest his guts fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 26, 2019

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Chromatic posted:

Highly recommended.

YourMomsHouse is the best podcast on the internet. I just got done watching the newest episode (patreon perks). Now that they do the podcast on youtube, it's like my favorite weekly TV show.

In other news that is relevant to this thread, Everyone's favorite alt-right retard Milo got banned from twitter. Apparently for good this time, due to his HILARIOUS PRANK of getting his followers to tweet racist poo poo nonstop at the black chick from that new Ghostbusters movie.
:lol:

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
YMH is my favourite of all the podcasts.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Milo just got banned from Twitter for leading the hate train against Leslie whoever, the black Ghostbuster.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah and may we have no edgy defences of his harassment please.

I listen to episodes of the JRE with science and social science experts. Learning Joe is Good Joe. Although I went back to the first episodes to see what they are like and man not good. LOL at all the technical problems in the first few episodes. I totally understand that now that I have my own podcast.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

bryan called with some good insights on isis, european history, and diet

insufferable

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DJ BK posted:

bryan called with some good insights on isis, european history, and diet

insufferable

Did you know there's a Mrs. Hands?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Dirt posted:

If Milo is just trolling he is worse than the shittiest, most regressive, right wing neo-nazi true believers. He is actively poisoning the political discourse of the country with racist/xenophobic/homophobic/anti-women bullshit for what? Profit? the lolz?

gently caress that. That's the lowest of the low.

edit: ha drat basically what the dude above me said

The actual nazis are worse.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Chromatic posted:

Highly recommended.

you got any cum in those bawls?

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Hopefully Milo is banned from Joe's show too, I need to hear the amazing benefits of coconut oil at least once a week.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

To Battle posted:

Hopefully Milo is banned from Joe's show too, I need to hear the amazing benefits of coconut oil at least once a week.

Since Joe was defending him during the last episode, I highly doubt it.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah and may we have no edgy defences of his harassment please.

I listen to episodes of the JRE with science and social science experts. Learning Joe is Good Joe. Although I went back to the first episodes to see what they are like and man not good. LOL at all the technical problems in the first few episodes. I totally understand that now that I have my own podcast.

I'm scared to go back and see how bad it was after hearing the Chael Sonnen ep recently. "It's not 'African-American,' it's 'black'. You know, they could be from Jamaica."

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

empty baggie posted:

Since Joe was defending him during the last episode, I highly doubt it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj4KIoaq8Cg

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is the Cameron Hanes episode from 6/28 worth listening to? I enjoy the outdoorsy/hunting/camping stories other guests have talked about in the past.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Dear lord that was an awfully misinformed discussion.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah. Like from the first loving sentence...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's misinformed about it? I tried to look up what happened and it seemed to be more or less exactly what Joe was saying. The more outrageous claims I saw about the banning didn't cite anything specific, just scary buzzwords about inciting harassment which always make me skeptical. I hate it when articles describe how to me awful things are and exactly how I am supposed to feel about it without actually showing me.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
For a start, he wasn't banned for writing a bad review of the film. From that dodgy foundation, everything calls apart.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
He directed his band of incels to call her racial slurs en masse so yeah he should probably get banned

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

By directing do you mean he specifically tweeted to his followers instructions to harass her

or

did he insult her in the movie and then his followers on their own decided to harass her. One of those situations should be bannable and the other should not imo.

Like, if I have a million followers and I say "wow Jay Leno's new talk show is a loving abortion" and crazy fans see it and decide to attack him on twitter, it'd be hosed up that my airing an opinion is the same now as inciting harassment/a bannable offense. Hope this makes sense.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Milo directed his followers to attack the only black woman in the film with racially vile bullshit. He has a long history of being a piece of poo poo on Twitter to people. There is a big difference of you saying "hurrr Leno sucks" and people going "lol ya man he sucks!!!" and a targeted attack with thousands calling a woman a number of disgusting racial slurs. Hope this makes sense.

Here is Milo telling his broken brain fans to try and hide being pieces of poo poo and failing just in case you need furthur proof
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/top-conservative-writer-is-a-group-effort-sources-say?utm_term=.bkP5qGN2l#.leAGBPNkl

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Oh Milo,

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

Milo directed his followers to attack the only black woman in the film with racially vile bullshit. He has a long history of being a piece of poo poo on Twitter to people. There is a big difference of you saying "hurrr Leno sucks" and people going "lol ya man he sucks!!!" and a targeted attack with thousands calling a woman a number of disgusting racial slurs. Hope this makes sense.

Here is Milo telling his broken brain fans to try and hide being pieces of poo poo and failing just in case you need furthur proof
https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/top-conservative-writer-is-a-group-effort-sources-say?utm_term=.bkP5qGN2l#.leAGBPNkl

That article is from months ago & the entire thing looks like they're just loving with the buzzfeed guy and he doesn't know it.

Sorry, I'm still skeptical of him personally directing people since no one can seem to produce a screencap, archive page or anything (which everyone is very quick to do these days, no deleted tweet is safe).

This kind of reporting reminds me a lot of the whole "James Rolfe is a sexist" thing from a month or two ago after he put out a video saying he didn't want to watch Ghostbusters cause it looked bad from the trailer. Cue article after article and a twitter campaign saying he made a sexist rant while not actually citing anything specific, while his actual video was very well reasoned and calm as hell- it's just a big game if internet telephone.

This movie just seems to bring the worst out in everyone.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Disregard the entire article cause reasons, ok

http://fusion.net/story/327103/leslie-jones-twitter-racism/

Took a minute to find. Defend this. I'll actually take "for the lulz" and "well I guess she could just block them???" as a defense because I don't really care that much.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
He's horrible and I am in no way defending him, but I don't see where he tells anyone to go after her, either. Is there anywhere he specifically tells his fans to single out Leslie Jones and tweet mean things to her?

I never listened to the rogan podcast he was on. I remember the first appearance a year ago and that was enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I still don't see him directly inciting people specifically to harass her there & the childish racist insults you can just block/mute. Tho if I were twitter I'd have definitely banned him for the fake tweet spam.