Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Apparently all doublelift needed to mature into the top tier player he claimed to be was to have the best player in the west as his mid. A player so good dlift is forced to look up to him.

Its pretty crazy to see dlift being a shotcaller while schooling every opposing adc and flame horizoning them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Double Lift is worse at league of legends than Faaaabbbbbyyy

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

kirtar posted:

Didn't TSM have a bunch of lane swaps early in the split?

not the old 2v1 support and top style

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The name is Soren Bjerg aka The Backside Assassin

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I wonder if the casters realize that TSM secured their bye the moment they won the first game because of how the tiebreakers work.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

This probably only annoys me, but why is the LCS production not consistant between streams? I don't mean the studios or casters or whatever. I mean stuff like the streams straight up using different assets (I'm guessing one set is the old set).

Totally different LCS logos in the bottom left, different font spacing/size on the scores, "Be Right Back" vs "Coming Up", the difference in size of the Instagram(?) logo etc, it just bugs me :spergin:
Since I've worked in production like this before it's really likely they're using two different Tricasters (Or whatever they use for live production) and they just haven't synced up everything yet. It's a bunch of small things and they've no doubt got two different teams running everything at this point so it's probably low priority. After working with a Tricaster for so long they're so drat finicky and sometimes changing something small in a production environment can ruin so drat much.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Now that they've secured their byes, should TSM and IMT rest their starters heading to the playoffs or play them and risk injury?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

to turn this around though, doesn't it seem a little weird that C9 never tried to play Bunny with Altec on C9C? those two dudes were a decent lane in the first place. i guess they can't now because the roster lock already happened, seems like it would have been a lot better to come to this decision a week ago.
Roster lock-ins are due soon and the new Challenger/LCS rules say if you've played too many games in LCS you can't go to a challenger team, so he was locked out. He's sitting on the bench streaming until he can get out of his contract.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RealFoxy posted:

Roster lock-ins are due soon and the new Challenger/LCS rules say if you've played too many games in LCS you can't go to a challenger team, so he was locked out. He's sitting on the bench streaming until he can get out of his contract.

CS lock ins were on the 12th at 5 PM Pacific.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

YancyQ posted:

Now that they've secured their byes, should TSM and IMT rest their starters heading to the playoffs or play them and risk injury?
I want to see TSM pull the CLG classic of sending their whole roster to Korea the last two weeks and replaced them with Dyrus/Oddone/Regi/Chaox/Gleeb and then tank in playoffs and lose every single game.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

YancyQ posted:

What's gonna happen, Bjerg falls on stage and breaks his hip? Esports injuries are more chronic.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

YancyQ posted:

does imt even have subs?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

does imt even have subs?

They're required to have at least 2 (or is it 3) per LCS rules.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

IXIX posted:

What's gonna happen, Bjerg falls on stage and breaks his hip? Esports injuries are more chronic.

I wouldnt risk sven pulling a hammy in this summer heat or bjerg going down with Tommy john. Id definitely cut back their innings.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Bjerg gets the double, the triple, the QUADRA! AND OH MY GOD TSM JUST GOT SIMULTANEOUS HAND CRAMPS! THEY CAN'T PLAY! TSM JUST GOT ACED! THAT'S GAME FOR PHOENIX ONE!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
You can read that in Phreaks voice if you really want to.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

IXIX posted:

If C9 rested Hai and his injuries didn't flare up last year they might have made it out of groups.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

YancyQ posted:

If C9 rested Hai and his injuries didn't flare up last year they might have made it out of groups.

Are his wrists where he keeps his champion pool?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

The Mattybee posted:

Are his wrists where he keeps his champion pool?

SHADE

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

YancyQ posted:

High's wrist spasms madly, forcing him to select zed and split push

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

heavy is the head that wears the big earring, and heavy is the heart that has a collapsed lung on it

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

YancyQ posted:

No, you have to keep playing them so they don't get rusty!!!!

Were any of the games good this weekend? I was busy with work and evo.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dragongem posted:

No, you have to keep playing them so they don't get rusty!!!!

Were any of the games good this weekend? I was busy with work and evo.

The Apex Clown 9 series was ... something. At least check out game 2, its reaaaaaaaaaaally long so maybe only watch game 2.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
C9 v CLG was fun if you dislike C9 a bit more than CLG

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i saw this on reddit and i cant believe i forgot about this gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZF3pxWQcI

loving saint with the box wine is legendary

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Luna Was Here posted:

i saw this on reddit and i cant believe i forgot about this gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZF3pxWQcI

loving saint with the box wine is legendary

The TSM winning worlds with reggie was pretty great imo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm so torn between the EU CS finals because I was such a big fan of Millenium but Misfits have Selfie, Wisdom, and Ignar.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm still mad that KT didn't use Ignar at all

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason the LCK isn't playing today?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kashuno posted:

Is there a reason the LCK isn't playing today?

What you mean? LCK has matches on the schedule Monday-Saturday.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kirtar posted:

What you mean? LCK has matches on the schedule Monday-Saturday.

yeah I spoke too soon? I usually come into work and the vods have already started being uploaded but I didn't see them at all and was confused as I know they play 6 days a week

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kashuno posted:

yeah I spoke too soon? I usually come into work and the vods have already started being uploaded but I didn't see them at all and was confused as I know they play 6 days a week

I assume someone messed up since there's like an hour of black space at the end of the VOD.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ignar has more gold than the entire enemy team and has decided to use it wisely on Protobelt Taric

e: 17k gold lead :vince:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 19, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
honestly misfits are going to smash origen to pieces

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

honestly misfits are going to smash origen to pieces

aren't misfits going to play the 10th place team ?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Savage Cracker posted:

The last promo/relegation had bottom 3 LCS and Top 2 CS in a big 5-way tournament so there's a high likelihood that many of the teams will play each other.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Watching Fly on Asol reminded me why no one in Korea ever bans him unless KT is playing. God drat.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Savage Cracker posted:

No, 10th place will play against MIllenium with the loser being eliminated. Then the winner of that match will play the 8th place LCS team and Misfits will play the 9th place team. Winners to LCS, losers play for the last slot.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

kirtar posted:

No, 10th place will play against MIllenium with the loser being eliminated. Then the winner of that match will play the 8th place LCS team and Misfits will play the 9th place team. Winners to LCS, losers play for the last slot.

Thanks. I had completely forgotten relegations were turned into an actual tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I wonder if people will still bother banning Ryze against Huhi since it will be 6.14 this week.

• Locked thread