Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

:toot:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Good snipe.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
drilldo in my head right now i picture the watermelon pug instead of yoda and instead of luke its whoever did this to you

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Luvcow posted:

drilldo in my head right now i picture the watermelon pug instead of yoda and instead of luke its whoever did this to you

Thank you friend, it's sad how some people react to good posts.

----------------

sports
This forum isn't quite "my jam".

deep dish peat moss

I'm at the train station in flagstaff arizona right now. Earlier I was standing on a corner in Winslow arizona. 8am tomorrow I'll be in LA. Here we go!!

FluffieDuckie

Shakill OReal posted:

I'm at the train station in flagstaff arizona right now. Earlier I was standing on a corner in Winslow arizona. 8am tomorrow I'll be in LA. Here we go!!

Godspeed friend :patriot:

Salmiakki

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

Matoi Ryuko

sports posted:

This forum isn't quite "my jam".

My jam is strawberry.

MrWillsauce

id smoke weed jimmy carter

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i was going to take pictures of a finished thing i made at work but i had a bunch of weed blueberries and forgot to do it. i have an in-progress picture, though, so that's pretty okay.

i hope you guys had a good weekend and stuff. i'm gonna go walk my puppy.

deep dish peat moss

I can't sleep on the dang train and there are a good 3-4 more houra before the next cigarette stop

deep dish peat moss

I'm sure this trip is still going to be cool and all but this is my first time on an actual train and it's such a poor choice for method of transportation that if it wasn't for the sunk cost I would call it off and go home tomorrow. I'm not ever going to be able to sleep on one of these trains... I ate muscle relaxers and melatonin and still can't fall asleep after 5 and a half hours of doing nothing but trying in various positions across various cars... I've even tried the floor of the observation deck but the only place you can lie down there is like a 2 foot wide gap between the seat and the window.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Shakill OReal posted:

I'm sure this trip is still going to be cool and all but this is my first time on an actual train and it's such a poor choice for method of transportation that if it wasn't for the sunk cost I would call it off and go home tomorrow. I'm not ever going to be able to sleep on one of these trains... I ate muscle relaxers and melatonin and still can't fall asleep after 5 and a half hours of doing nothing but trying in various positions across various cars... I've even tried the floor of the observation deck but the only place you can lie down there is like a 2 foot wide gap between the seat and the window.

Trains are awesome for sightseeing, but sleep is just impossible.

deep dish peat moss

I just feel like every square inch of this entire train was designed very specifically so that you could only sleep there if you were able to bend your entire body in to a perfect Z shape. Now I'm going to have to get an airbnb in LA and spend my entire day there sleeping just in time to wake up for another night trip to Seattlw.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Shakill OReal posted:

I just feel like every square inch of this entire train was designed very specifically so that you could only sleep there if you were able to bend your entire body in to a perfect Z shape. Now I'm going to have to get an airbnb in LA and spend my entire day there sleeping just in time to wake up for another night trip to Seattlw.

Ask Piso Mojado for the best crackhousebnb's :D

<3 <3 Vanisher

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I have a hard time not sleeping on a train.

The secret is to not be a germophobe and rest your head directly on the window. You wake up with a stiff neck but sleep is sleep. Wearing a hoodie with the hood up helps.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
One time I fell asleep with my head resting on a metal hand rail.

When the conductor came to punch my ticket he banged his hole puncher directly on the pole to wake me up. Easily the worst wakeup call I've had in my entire life.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
I just binge watched the entire Stranger Things series by Netflix.

HOLY HELL IS IT GREAT!

Goonies meets X-Files meets E.T. gets tossed around a lot and for good reason.

Must. Watch.

alnilam

hamjobs posted:

i was going to take pictures of a finished thing i made at work but i had a bunch of weed blueberries and forgot to do it. i have an in-progress picture, though, so that's pretty okay.

i hope you guys had a good weekend and stuff. i'm gonna go walk my puppy.

Cool as h*ck! Is that a rocket loom?

alnilam

Shakill OReal posted:

I find trains amazing for sleeping and way better than buses, but i understand as i used to have harder time sleeping sitting than i do now. It takes some practice. Maybe this trip will be the trip that makes you a good anywhere -sleeper, which is a good skill to have imo

alnilam

also maybe it's more that your brain is too anxious/excited about your nascent adventure to sleep

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Shakill OReal posted:

gently caress muscle relaxers. Benadryl, son.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
First you take Benadryl
Then you drink wine,
Listen to ambient
Then you'll sleep fine.

- Old Hobo Song

----------------

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

misty mountaintop posted:

gently caress muscle relaxers. Benadryl, son.

and you can get the generic stuff for pennies per tab

it's wonderful

deep dish peat moss

I finally fell asleep in the observation car right before 5am hit and they kicked everyone outta that car. I haven't had a smoke in 8 hours and there's like 3 hours before the next break where they let me :(

FluffieDuckie

Hey maybe this trip will get you off cigs :buddy:

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Shakill OReal posted:

I finally fell asleep in the observation car right before 5am hit and they kicked everyone outta that car. I haven't had a smoke in 8 hours and there's like 3 hours before the next break where they let me :(

I made a mix for you. You probably can't stream it, but you can imagine what it's like.
http://8tracks.com/misty-mountaintop/sleep-tight-shakill-oreal

----------------

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Ok, Im a sucker and I will boast about myself today because I am drat proud today... 40cm biceps, finaly. I had 95kg in bench press too but my leg slipped and I failed... Next time though, but 40cm biceps... hell yeah!

<3 <3 Vanisher

FluffieDuckie

ok guys it's house cleaning day. there are a few threads that are lingering and i'm going to put them out of their misery

please don't cry. some of them were funny or good ideas they just didn't make it.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I found a pokemon in my shower today, still haven't gotten pokeballs... so I tried eggs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsVdwfrYCiI

<3 <3 Vanisher

Robot Made of Meat

Shakill OReal posted:

Yeah, when you said you were going on a train, and that you smoke I was wondering how that'd work.

I loved the one train trip I took and look forward to doing it again, but then I had a roomette so sleep (and hygiene) were much easier.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

MrWillsauce

yeah situations like that are the reason I only use snuff

FluffieDuckie

I made a mix for you. You probably can't stream it, but you can imagine what it's like.

i'm imagining this now and it's making me sleepy

MrWillsauce

same im asleep right now

Macnult

8tracks is the bees knees

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Uxzuigal posted:

Ok, Im a sucker and I will boast about myself today because I am drat proud today... 40cm biceps, finaly. I had 95kg in bench press too but my leg slipped and I failed... Next time though, but 40cm biceps... hell yeah!

nice!

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I'm in LA and was planning on taking the train to Seattle tonight because I don't know anyone here or have anything to do. The train doesn't leave until tomorrow though so I had to get a bed at a hostel and i'm sharing a room with a bunch of European guys on a contiki. They don't speak much English but I'm hoping to get them to smoke a joint with me by night's end.