Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

I do things and make things

haveblue posted:

there's a google spreadsheet in a treehouse somewhere.

Our treehouse.
http://i.imgur.com/EOdTmJS.jpg

Our spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KN6zDvsE78d09JKqAJ-JEIw4qCcG5SY1Kw3tV19zNi8/edit#gid=907163057

schmeo fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

schmeo posted:

Our treehouse.
http://i.imgur.com/EOdTmJS.jpg

Our spreadsheet

Dope treehouse. I added my info to the spreadsheet and requested an invite to ODSG.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

my scrub account is SwankyCornholer if you want to add that as well.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

Gameplay from this weeks trials map: https://youtu.be/Qyap2PUmXZM

Also, i really don't like this map and it's even worse in trials. The lower spawn (what we had in the clip) is at a huge disadvantage.

Wrong link

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

haveblue posted:

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to believe sensible adults actually do that.

To be fair, they're pretty much giving away Xbox Ones now.

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

To be fair, they're pretty much giving away Xbox Ones now.

True - I just got one on the Prime Day deal. My fiancee and I love couch co-op games, and her old 360 finally quit on us a few months ago. Seeing the Taken King for $18 at Target last week was just an added bonus.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

hot coder wife should be quoted in the op

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Actual true story: Not to rub it in (actually, yeah, I'm gonna rub it in), but my wife is also close to a decade younger than me and she's hot. She's a goon, into games, and she's a CSE major that can out-code most of the posers in this thread. And to return to an earlier point -- just perhaps, the people that cry sperg the loudest may want to look inward. And just perhaps, maybe I'm doing something right and the problem isn't with me.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

schmeo posted:

my scrub account is SwankyCornholer if you want to add that as well.

As one of the lovely players who is likely being protected by the current matchmaking, I am curious how it would be to make a new character. In terms of actual time invested, how long did it take to get decent weapons to play with? Did you level your entire super tree, or just get it started? It might be fun playing with a limited build, no reload gloves or extra armor gear.

Anybody else going to lag it up in iron banner this week? I will be playing most nights so feel free to add me -cyansnow19

Fake Edit - PaulaDeensGunt may be my new favorite gamertag.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Last_Taste posted:

As one of the lovely players who is likely being protected by the current matchmaking, I am curious how it would be to make a new character. In terms of actual time invested, how long did it take to get decent weapons to play with? Did you level your entire super tree, or just get it started? It might be fun playing with a limited build, no reload gloves or extra armor gear.

Just play through the intro mission, get to the tower, pop the light that gets you to level 25 then just use whatever the crucible craps out at you.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Distrubing that you knew exactly where to find this.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think to continue this science experiment, once your dummy accounts start getting trials emblems you should intentionally lose games and see how long it takes you to get matched against idiots again.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

Last_Taste posted:

Anybody else going to lag it up in iron banner this week? I will be playing most nights so feel free to add me -cyansnow19

I ran two missions to unlock the double jump, grenade, and throwing knife.

I'm handicapping myself with unleveled armor and unleveled weapons aside from sniper scopes. I run The Duke Mk. II white hand cannon with no sights or perks, blue sniper with starting scope. Frankly, it's improving my game because I have to play smart and have no equipment perks on which to rely.

Playing in the lag free lobbies is great, but I don't want to make people quit the game because my rear end exploded all over them.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

xzzy posted:

I think to continue this science experiment, once your dummy accounts start getting trials emblems you should intentionally lose games and see how long it takes you to get matched against idiots again.

It's much funner to poo poo on them with bad weapons. They probably paid for carries and deserve scorn and humiliation.

On that note the greens aren't actually bad imho. Lots of them can roll perks that aren't available on purple guns (counterbalance handcannon anyone?!?!) and they feel crispy as gently caress. I have a green pulse that has underdog and it has a great recoil pattern. It's a big contrast against every purple pulse that makes me feel like a limp wristed bitch-made guardian with every trigger pull.

Honestly I should have rolled a new account a long time ago. By virtue of playing with players who were much better than me, I got good but not good enough to really hang with them (because they are young savants who grew up playing halo from age 5 and still have their young reflexes). But that hasn't stopped bungie from throwing me in with their ilk when I drop solo. And bringing in very high quality opponents when I roll with the krew.

I'm actually having fun rolling through the PvE stuff again and getting excited about green and blue drops.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rick_Hunter posted:

Distrubing that you knew exactly where to find this.

Wasn't that hard to find, just had to search hot coder wife

Looks like my xbone is defective.. Shut itself off 4 times in a row with a message saying not to block the vents

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Did you block the vents?

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

It's much funner to poo poo on them with bad weapons. They probably paid for carries and deserve scorn and humiliation.

I admit that Mech and I laughed a lot when we were making GBS threads on these people in doubles.

I've thought about running the full thing and building a whole new account just to see what my actual K/D would be without having to play solo and being poo poo on in crucible for a year since I was not yet a goon, and less of an idea how to play this dumb game than I do now.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Last_Taste posted:

:tipshat:

Too bad I'm gonna have to call India today and my bone will be MIA for god knows how long

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Did you block the vents?

No, it was running fairly loud last night but didn't shut down or anything and now it's just done, I can get the home menu but it locks up when I try to load a game then shuts down.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

There's been at least one trials emblem in each of my 5 matches last night, and none of them were particularly skilled.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/aXYiwxA.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
They are all just standing there completely still and waiting for you to murder them.

:allears:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

For a second I was like where the gently caress is my combustion?
Then I remembered.
I think my KD that game was like 6.8 or some stupid poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

On that note the greens aren't actually bad imho. Lots of them can roll perks that aren't available on purple guns (counterbalance handcannon anyone?!?!) and they feel crispy as gently caress. I have a green pulse that has underdog and it has a great recoil pattern. It's a big contrast against every purple pulse that makes me feel like a limp wristed bitch-made guardian with every trigger pull.

Yeah, some of them are legit good weapons. Like during Y1 there was a max impact/range blue shotgun you could get and every once in a while you'd encounter someone using it and wrecking house.

One of the hidden stats tends to be lower (one I can think of off the top of my head is the y2 blue Rift Valley, is a slow firing high impact machine gun that seems promising, but has the worst aim assist of any Y2 machine gun) but kill pretty good when your shots hit.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Rift Valley is a beast. It's got a weird sideways pull in both directions but very manageable.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
I have yet to lose a pvp match on my new account, and I've dropped solo into doubles and salvage and skirmish quite a bit.

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

For a second I was like where the gently caress is my combustion?
Then I remembered.
I think my KD that game was like 6.8 or some stupid poo poo.

I'm looking forward to running a goon group of new accounts in sixes.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

What's the cutoff for scuttling the new account and starting anew?

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

What's the cutoff for scuttling the new account and starting anew?

I dunno whenever you start getting that "bad connection" feel. Probably not a set cutoff and dependant on your original account's "bungieskill"

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

schmeo posted:

I'm looking forward to running a goon group of new accounts in sixes.

Current account name is PanicSlam666

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Current account name is PanicSlam666

SwankyCornholer if you missed it earlier.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Is this poo poo ever going to come to PC?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Nope. I figure it would have been done by now.
Maybe in the next ~5 years?

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

Bungie's secret sauce is great gunfeel on the console. It's their primary differentiator and they understand this. There's a great anecdote in a recent bungie interview where one of the devs talks about being told to spend "auto aim" time and resources on a project, which means unlimited until it feels 100℅ right.

This has been a long winded way of saying Never.

The was guns fire and are balanced is keyed to console shooting. [Generic inflammatory comment about xim users being lame goes here]

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 18, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Windows version of Destiny isn't completely impossible, as Microsoft is pushing hard to unify xbox and windows. It really depends on what kind of development effort it requires.. if Bungie can just push the xbox build onto the windows store, we might get it. But either way I wouldn't hold your breath.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They were hiring for a "PC Compatibility Tester" last August and people were all speculating and stuff but nothing ever came of that.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
On that note, is there any advice to someone that's used to PC FPS games coming to this? I picked it up months ago and scrub'd my way to my first 40 on a Titan, but even months later now I'm still more or less at the bottom of any Crucible match. I've tried donking with the Look speed. Problem is I either wind up with a wonderful turning speed but then can't master fine tune controls for putting a reticle on people and jump all over in combat or it's way way too slow for moving around a map but much better at fine tuning and aiming at the one poor sob that walks directly into my line of fire.

Obviously I need to practice but I'm hoping I'm missing something that might make it a bit easier.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Buy a xim friendf

schmeo
Aug 31, 2015

Mortanis posted:

On that note, is there any advice to someone that's used to PC FPS games coming to this? I picked it up months ago and scrub'd my way to my first 40 on a Titan, but even months later now I'm still more or less at the bottom of any Crucible match. I've tried donking with the Look speed. Problem is I either wind up with a wonderful turning speed but then can't master fine tune controls for putting a reticle on people and jump all over in combat or it's way way too slow for moving around a map but much better at fine tuning and aiming at the one poor sob that walks directly into my line of fire.

Obviously I need to practice but I'm hoping I'm missing something that might make it a bit easier.

reduce your stick sensitivity. I usually use 3-4 so fine tuning is easier. I used to be horrid at Crucible then I started picking a weapon and running laps in the Ember Caves part of Venus until I was consistently getting head shots with each weapon. Ran No Land Beyond and secondary sniper to improve my sniping.

As with all practice. Start slow and worry about accuracy first and speed will come when muscle memory starts to develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Practice in PVE, where the challenge and stress are way lower and you aren't getting a forced intermission every five minutes.

• Locked thread