Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh man. :allears: This is just.. there is so much happening in this video you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZnqyE14RY

reddit.avi.

Can anyone figure out what he's saying at the start? Besides the "I'm not going" and "call the cops".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got that middle aged dad on vacation fashion down.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh man. :allears: This is just.. there is so much happening in this video you guys.

Obsolete
Jun 1, 2000

Lovin' it.

Can't really understand more than every other word but he's got that awkward shut-in shrugging thing when he talks and that really tilts me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Obsolete posted:

Lovin' it.

Can't really understand more than every other word but he's got that awkward shut-in shrugging thing when he talks and that really tilts me.

¯\_(>:¬u)_/¯

Courtesy of

https://twitter.com/danthat/status/752853487197782016?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

AlliedBiscuit posted:

High school friend's wife posts constantly about Juice Plus, and what a miracle supplement it is. Goes to all of the conventions and everything. Puts on the typical MLM "wow I love working from home on my own business" bullshit. Shares this article, yet another reason to hate Huffington Post.
Such an irresponsible piece of poo poo to publish on a major website.
Surprised this article is still up after the FTC started loudly driving nails into a coffin labeled "MLM SCHEMES" earlier this month.

Wait, no, I'm surprised it's still up after her "network" (friends, family, and coworkers who haven't blocked her on social media yet for constantly trying to recruit them/sell them poo poo) dried up and nobody signed on to be downline from her in her EXCELLENT BUSINESS ENTREPRENEUR PARADIGM SHIFT BE YOUR OWN BOSS OPPORTUNITY

Also, nonessential capitalization of the first E in "entrepreneur" is an enormous red flag.

When people get especially defensive about their MLMs, I usually ask them to show me the last 1099-MISC their "employer" sent them (a federally-mandated report that shows what your income was from someone who had you on as an independent contractor--for some reason, Entrepreneurs don't like sharing this), or what their estimated tax payments for the year are and when they're due (you only have to make estimated tax payments under these circumstances if your independent contractor work results in earnings of $500 or more--for some reason, Entrepreneurs don't know what estimated tax payments are).

Also, gently caress her for tying MLM poo poo to her role as a mother as a way to convince other moms that MLM is totally not a scam and is good for you and your family you are a strong independent woman entrepreneur who runs her own business dynamic networking gren senneling expanding personal horizons

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Transmogrifier posted:

drat, Bobby Moynihan is pissed.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
this dude seems kinda mad

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Crazy cat lady alright.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I've never met a Joy who was anything but the opposite of joy.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Poor special snowflakes. Answer to the article, of course, is no. I wonder if this guy has ever broken a bunch of pencils with the help of his friend.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

subpar anachronism posted:

Poor special snowflakes. Answer to the article, of course, is no. I wonder if this guy has ever broken a bunch of pencils with the help of his friend.

No, this seems pretty legit. I can turn my eyes dark red, too. Coincidentally I can only do this when I'm around a lot of pet dander.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dijon du jour posted:

No, this seems pretty legit. I can turn my eyes dark red, too. Coincidentally I can only do this when I'm around a lot of pet dandermarijuana.

:420:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dijon du jour posted:

No, this seems pretty legit. I can turn my eyes dark red, too. Coincidentally I can only do this when I'm around a lot of pet dander.

Same. *jabs scalpel into eye*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Karma Monkey posted:

I've never met a Joy who was anything but the opposite of joy.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Selklubber posted:

lol like low level staff give a poo poo about your business

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We could have averted this disaster if grocery stores trusted their cashiers to count and let them use the number buttons.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
And now he's posted her picture in the thread... I'm not even friends with the guy, just a mutual friend on Facebook

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Don't be a mean bully, girls! *posts long screed complaining about local cashier, attaches picture*

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Selklubber posted:

I love that a simple glace between coworkers made the customer so livid that by the time she got home and unpacked her groceries, she was STILL angry enough to concoct this revenge plan and type it all up for facebook.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

subpar anachronism posted:

I die a little inside every time I see an article that succinctly and accurately debunks something a lot of people believe, where people completely ignore the article and talk about how their eyes totally change colour when they're mad, or you can totally cure cancer with nettle tea.

I mean what hope is there for the world when people can't change their opinion when presented with factual evidence? It's literally a major problem in politics at the moment - the post factual democracy that makes president Trump and Brexit a reality. The world is becoming a series of fabricated realities, whose survival depends on how appealing they are.

"Did you know, my girlfriend's eyes turn green when she's mad?".
"They literally don't, here read this"
"They're normally brown!"

"All Muslims are terrorist"
"They're literally not, there are 1.6 billion..."
"VOTE TRUMP"

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Selklubber posted:

Man, that store manager is gonna be so loving happy when this tit buys "every can of cat food" that's shits expensive I'm sure he won't give a gently caress how long you take.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

EvilGenius posted:

I die a little inside every time I see an article that succinctly and accurately debunks something a lot of people believe, where people completely ignore the article and talk about how their eyes totally change colour when they're mad, or you can totally cure cancer with nettle tea.

I mean what hope is there for the world when people can't change their opinion when presented with factual evidence? It's literally a major problem in politics at the moment - the post factual democracy that makes president Trump and Brexit a reality. The world is becoming a series of fabricated realities, whose survival depends on how appealing they are.

"Did you know, my girlfriend's eyes turn green when she's mad?".
"They literally don't, here read this"
"They're normally brown!"

"All Muslims are terrorist"
"They're literally not, there are 1.6 billion..."
"VOTE TRUMP"
There's a fairly significant body of research on people doubling down on their beliefs to avoid embarrassment when presented with factual evidence to the contrary (the "backfire effect") too. :( It's insanely depressing when you think about it, and I think it's something we, and psychology academia, should be putting much more emphasis on understanding and counteracting.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I showed a pro-gun coworker the other day a study which proved that owning a gun makes you more likely to die by one. Her response? “[The scientists] must be Democrats." She didn't know where they worked or who they were or where the article was published but if they produce facts which disagree with her worldview, they MUST be doing so for political purposes. If that doesn't encapsulate why the world is doomed, I dunno.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Imagined posted:

I showed a pro-gun coworker the other day a study which proved
I'm being extremely PYF-pedant here and I absolutely don't want to call you out, just noting something: academic studies almost never "prove" anything, and using that word will make people roll their eyes and not take you seriously even if you're making a good point. It's much more accurate to use clunky phrases like "provided statistically significant evidence toward the conclusion that _____" because in order to prove something you have to show that, without a shadow of a doubt, there is causation, which is very hard.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
At least sixty million people are going to vote for a presidential candidate that promises to build a literal stories-tall cement wall patrolled by armed guards at the US/Mexico border come November

We're long past worrying about the world being doomed, and deep into "stick around to see what happens out of morbid curiosity" territory here

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

At least sixty million people are going to vote for a presidential candidate that promises to build a literal stories-tall cement wall patrolled by armed guards at the US/Mexico border come November

We're long past worrying about the world being doomed, and deep into "stick around to see what happens out of morbid curiosity" territory here

HE SAYS WHAT HE THINKS

Also, I used to argue with people over positions like that. No one ever changed their minds, so I gave up trying. Now I just avoid difficult topics with some people.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Ok ok I get this but did you hear the republicans have a ball pit at their convention this year?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Oh boy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ularg posted:

Oh boy.

As a straight white male, I agree. gently caress white people.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ularg posted:

Man, you really put us all to shame, you know that, right?

I'm slowly building up a bookmark album "Racism on Imgur" with posts and comments. Hopefully to just poo poo it all out in one mega post on Imgur/Imgur forums and sees what happens. If it's anything like the blog post cataloging every rape/death threat Anita got then they'll probably end up blaming me for it.

Edit:

Ohaha

The guys in the imgur is racist forum already post a bunch of images every few days. Not sure if you actually want to touch the poop there or what, but if you're going to dump anyway check that one out.

To actually contribute;

What a winner.

EDIT: I really wonder what puffins did to deserve all these poo poo opinions.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Yeah. Pretty much.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ularg posted:

Oh boy.

Jonah Hill not Christian, might not be healthy (losing and gaining lots of weight quickly can do a number on your insides), but wevs, dude.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Oh, I've given up worrying, I've decided I'm at least gonna try and be on the right side of history. Maybe like one of the dudes who helped the Jews/Muslims escape Hitler/Trump or something.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The scary thing is that if Trump gets elected I bet nothing will change. There won't be a wall. No ban on muslims etc. Since congress hates him so much pretty much nothing will get done.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mu Zeta posted:

The scary thing is that if Trump gets elected I bet nothing will change. There won't be a wall. No ban on muslims etc. Since congress hates him so much pretty much nothing will get done.

Or the fact that anyone believes that Trump will uphold even a single "promise" he's made this entire election campaign.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ularg posted:

Man, you really put us all to shame, you know that, right?

I'm slowly building up a bookmark album "Racism on Imgur" with posts and comments. Hopefully to just poo poo it all out in one mega post on Imgur/Imgur forums and sees what happens. If it's anything like the blog post cataloging every rape/death threat Anita got then they'll probably end up blaming me for it.

Edit:

Ohaha

It's pretty weird how the site I use to host images turns into an American white nationalist website every now and then

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Surprised this article is still up after the FTC started loudly driving nails into a coffin labeled "MLM SCHEMES" earlier this month.

Wait, no, I'm surprised it's still up after her "network" (friends, family, and coworkers who haven't blocked her on social media yet for constantly trying to recruit them/sell them poo poo) dried up and nobody signed on to be downline from her in her EXCELLENT BUSINESS ENTREPRENEUR PARADIGM SHIFT BE YOUR OWN BOSS OPPORTUNITY

Also, nonessential capitalization of the first E in "entrepreneur" is an enormous red flag.

When people get especially defensive about their MLMs, I usually ask them to show me the last 1099-MISC their "employer" sent them (a federally-mandated report that shows what your income was from someone who had you on as an independent contractor--for some reason, Entrepreneurs don't like sharing this), or what their estimated tax payments for the year are and when they're due (you only have to make estimated tax payments under these circumstances if your independent contractor work results in earnings of $500 or more--for some reason, Entrepreneurs don't know what estimated tax payments are).

Also, gently caress her for tying MLM poo poo to her role as a mother as a way to convince other moms that MLM is totally not a scam and is good for you and your family you are a strong independent woman entrepreneur who runs her own business dynamic networking gren senneling expanding personal horizons

Yeah, MLMs really piss me off. My best friend got caught up in one years ago (thankfully he came out the other side) and ever since I became fascinated with the psychology of that business.

I honestly can't tell if my other friend and his wife honestly believe that the vegetable powder they sell is this wonder drug that cures cancer (they've posted testimonials that basically say this) or if they're just cynically applying the "work hard and do everything you can" mentality to marketing their business. They're super religious, so telling them they're stuck in a cult is even harder.

gently caress MLMs.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Or the fact that anyone believes that Trump will uphold even a single "promise" he's made this entire election campaign.

the scary part about trump as president isn't what he would do (not much,) it's that the majority of your country's people voted for the things he said he would do.

like, lol, america is hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't think people are voting for Trump based on anything he said. He could say he raped a baby and nobody would care.