Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

I tried thinking of something vile and powerful masquerading as proud royal heritage and ended up with this:

Probably not exactly what you were aiming for.

This is awesome. I know I wasn't the one who requested this, but would I be able to use it for a game? This would be perfect for one of the nations in my homebrew campaign setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Change the flag to the Japanese Rising Sun and call it an homage to the pagoda mast.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gonna start running my game again in a few weeks, and I've realized: I need medieval fantasy teens. Preferably human, preferably male, preferably passing for British, but I'll take whatever you got.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The Crotch posted:

Gonna start running my game again in a few weeks, and I've realized: I need medieval fantasy teens. Preferably human, preferably male, preferably passing for British, but I'll take whatever you got.

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/core/images/portraits/humans (Various, have a browse)
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/campaigns/Heir_To_The_Throne/images/portraits (Konrad and Li'sar)

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/campaigns/The_Rise_Of_Wesnoth/images/portraits (Haldric and Jessica)
https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/campaigns/The_South_Guard/images/deoran

Wesnoth is a good source for many fantasy portraits, some of which (though none of these) I even drew.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A while back someone linked a gallery with just a huge amount of fantasy, scifi, anime, etc. character art for a bunch of different settings. I think it was a Pintrest gallery, maybe. Does anyone have a link to that?

Mairn
Jan 6, 2011

Countblanc posted:

A while back someone linked a gallery with just a huge amount of fantasy, scifi, anime, etc. character art for a bunch of different settings. I think it was a Pintrest gallery, maybe. Does anyone have a link to that?

RPG IMG?
That's a huge user-submitted gallery of images that was at one point posted here.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Crotch posted:

Try some of these.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Coward posted:

That's not exactly what I was aiming for, but thank you so much for throwing that together. Would it be possible to see what that would look like with the crosses replaced by moths?

(It's very Wolfenstein, was that the inspiration?)

Moths are harder to draw than those crosses, which are basically one square and four circles aligned in the right way. I'd give it a try but there's a really bad heatwave going on over here and I don't want to do anything more strenuous than breathe.

The inspiration was basic fascism with some more old-school Germanic imagery (the crosses) since that is p. good at getting across the right motif.

LucyWanabe posted:

This is awesome. I know I wasn't the one who requested this, but would I be able to use it for a game? This would be perfect for one of the nations in my homebrew campaign setting.

Knock yourself out, I guess? Let me know if you need any other flags/banners once this heatwave ends.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mairn posted:

RPG IMG?
That's a huge user-submitted gallery of images that was at one point posted here.

This archive is a goddamn goldmine.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Night10194 posted:

This archive is a goddamn goldmine.

:3:

Still needs help getting everything tagged, any help is appreciated!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mairn posted:

RPG IMG?

This isn't actually what I was thinking of but it's very cool, thank you.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

Knock yourself out, I guess? Let me know if you need any other flags/banners once this heatwave ends.

Awesome! I'll definitely keep it in mind for later.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am in dire need of vast gothic mansions. Not quite castles, but quite big and, at some point in the past, luxurious.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't look at stuff right now, but go Magic the Gatherer and filter by 'Innistrad' 'Dark Ascension' 'Shadows of Innistrad' 'Eldritch Moon'

1000 cards worth of gothic art. Should be something there. I used Gavony Township in a campaign once.

Moorland Haunt, Geier Reach Sanitarium, Nephalia Academy, Westvale Abbey off the top of my head might work.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 26, 2016

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alright, finally out of the bush and back home. Let's see if anyone found...

Ooh, this is some good stuff.

Space Skeleton posted:

:3:

Still needs help getting everything tagged, any help is appreciated!
I plugged away at a good ol' pile quite a while back, but the prospect of adding artist attribution - something I still really want to do - burned me out a bit.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Crotch posted:

Alright, finally out of the bush and back home. Let's see if anyone found...

Ooh, this is some good stuff.

I plugged away at a good ol' pile quite a while back, but the prospect of adding artist attribution - something I still really want to do - burned me out a bit.

Oops that last one should have been https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree/master/data/campaigns/The_South_Guard/images/portraits

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahaha, Ethiliel Mad and Deoran Glad are amazing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Wesnoth does have the odd derptacular portrait.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Does anyone have any dudes in tricorner hats? I need a corrupt politician on Innistrad and just recycling AVR art seems like cheating.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Bloodborne might have someone for you. Lady Maria from the Old Hunters has a pretty nice tricorne.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Anyone have any halfling fighters (great weapon or sword-and-board, doesn't matter)? Preferably ones that avoid the silly cartoony D&D 5e "gigantic head and tiny feet" proportions and stick closer to the classical understanding of halflings.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Drone posted:

Anyone have any halfling fighters (great weapon or sword-and-board, doesn't matter)? Preferably ones that avoid the silly cartoony D&D 5e "gigantic head and tiny feet" proportions and stick closer to the classical understanding of halflings.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

No lie, I showed this to someone and they recoiled physically. It really is an unappealing design.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fuego Fish posted:

No lie, I showed this to someone and they recoiled physically. It really is an unappealing design.

Yeah, the halflings in the 5e art are nightmarish. My favorite piece is sadknight looking a glowing ring.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That knight looks like she became a grandma recently. The ring belonged to her late spouse, who could not be there.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Brings a new meaning to the lyric "comin' straight from the underground".

gently caress tha police comin' straight from the underground
A young hobbit got it bad 'cause I'm round
And not tall and thin so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

gently caress that poo poo, cause I ain't the bro
For a punk motherfucker with a sword and a bow
To be beating on, and thrown in jail
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

loving with me cause I'm thirty-three
With a little bit of gold and a ring
Searching my hole, looking for the product
Thinking every hobbit is selling narcotics

You'd rather see, me in the pen
Than me and Bilbo flyin' on an eagle
Beat a police out of shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape

To tape off the scene of the slugfest
Still getting swole off of second breakfast
I don't know if they Elves or what
Search a hobbit down, and grabbing his nuts

And on the other hand, without a sword they can't get none
But don't let it be a short and a tall one
Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Short police showing out for the tall cop

Frodo will swarm
On any motherfucker in a blue uniform
Just cause I'm from the HBT
Punk police are afraid of me

A young hobbit on the warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
Of cops, dying in the Shire
Yo Sam, I got one desire

gently caress tha police
gently caress- gently caress- gently caress the police
gently caress tha police
gently caress- gently caress- gently caress the police

(why did I do this)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Nothing I do today is going to match that. Well done.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Fuego Fish posted:

The halfling on page 132 of the phb, gently caress man. Our group has him figured as a perverted racist because he is just hideous looking, and it's ramped up by it looking like he's seductively licking his lips.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I've had a real bad week and nothing makes me happier than Warforged, so please, I humbly request your coolest fantasy robot people.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Spaceships are cool yo.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I need a burly, cigar-chewing boss (in the supervisor sense), preferably with hairy forearms, please.

I would offer recompense, but everything I got comes from this thread.

E: here is a chill skeleton

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 6, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I need a burly, cigar-chewing boss (in the supervisor sense), preferably with hairy forearms, please.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

well poo poo

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Slow day, did a quick sketch of our lvl 2 party so far.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

McKilligan posted:

Slow day, did a quick sketch of our lvl 2 party so far.

Dude, I just want to say that I love your style!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

hey someone reminded me this existed, so I thought I'd remind the rest of youse too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FZnD21iO0

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone got any pictures of Byzantine-Style soldiers/Military dudes (or women!) in a fantasy style setting or with fantasy elements in their gear/armour/weapons etc? Heck, even Greek/Roman (late or early) would suffice! Tried looking, but most of it was the realistic stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ash Crimson posted:

Anyone got any pictures of Byzantine-Style soldiers/Military dudes (or women!) in a fantasy style setting or with fantasy elements in their gear/armour/weapons etc? Heck, even Greek/Roman (late or early) would suffice! Tried looking, but most of it was the realistic stuff.

Art of MTG is always a good source for cultures they've covered, like Greece.

And this is some cool art of the Varangian Guard I found.