Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Verranicus posted:

Mercy's ult charges way slower in the net patch.

True... but Roadhog's charges faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Roadhog kind of gets shafted in the PTR patch. McCree is now one of the hardest counters to him as he doesn't even need to get within murder range to kill Roadhog, Ana's bioti grenades gently caress with his self-heal, Zenyatta is now beastly and D.va is now almost a dedicated Roadhog killer as with the defense matrix changes she can play around his cooldowns so easy.

Life is pain, so too is death (for the hog)

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Ddraig posted:

Roadhog kind of gets shafted in the PTR patch. McCree is now one of the hardest counters to him as he doesn't even need to get within murder range to kill Roadhog, Ana's bioti grenades gently caress with his self-heal, Zenyatta is now beastly and D.va is now almost a dedicated Roadhog killer as with the defense matrix changes she can play around his cooldowns so easy.

Life is pain, so too is death (for the hog)

Good Roadhogs would stay behind Rein's shield, or just sort of try to do soft flanks (for lack of a better term) anyway, to mitigate that stuff.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Mister Fister posted:

Good Roadhogs would stay behind Rein's shield, or just sort of try to do soft flanks (for lack of a better term) anyway, to mitigate that stuff.

Which is fine, I'm all for skilful play, it does mean those pubstar roadhogs are gonna be feeling the pain, though, which is always fun. So it's kind of a wash.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
So the acceptable team comp till a couple weeks from now or whenever is mercy + pick two of Reinhardt, Roadhog, Zarya.

I guess once the patch hits Dva becomes acceptable and Roadhog may see some decline. Dva ult should combo well with Rein ult and Zarya ult.

Another interesting comp I saw was two tracer plus Lucio for payload. They played it by flitting around the payload and being hard to hit while their tanks and dps ran around. My team could not seem to kill them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think Roadhog will still see play, if only for the fact that he's the premier pick hero with Widowmaker still firmly in "eh"-tier. It's true that Biotic Grenade and McCree gently caress with him a lot, but, conversely, a friendly Biotic Grenade will also make him heal for a gazillion health and a Nano Boosted Whole Hog is a challenge to deal with.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Yeah Roadhog will have to stand behind Rein's shield if there's a lot of discord and Ana but that's not really a huge deal except in bad pub groups since he was supposed to be doing that anyway. It's kind of a wash.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
1.75GB patch is downloading, looks like we might get the new stuff tomorrow despite the people in here swearing "no no it needs more tiiime".

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verranicus posted:

1.75GB patch is downloading, looks like we might get the new stuff tomorrow despite the people in here swearing "no no it needs more tiiime".

That's good. I overall agree with the majority of the changes in the patch, although I still think Defense Matrix is a touch too strong (but only a touch). Looking forwards to playing Ana on live, finally.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Least we'll have some new stuff to do while WoW's maintenance gets repeatedly extended?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Vermain posted:

That's good. I overall agree with the majority of the changes in the patch, although I still think Defense Matrix is a touch too strong (but only a touch). Looking forwards to playing Ana on live, finally.

Yeah, the hero limit in comp and Ana are awesome to me, though the two together mean my likelyhood of playing Ana -in- comp willd epend on how fast my game loads which is lovely.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I think I am finally getting how to play Hanzo, and it's real fun

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am excited for my main character, and waifu, Zenyatta to finally be good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regalingualius posted:

Least we'll have some new stuff to do while WoW's maintenance gets repeatedly extended?

It's the Legion pre-expansion patch this week, so it'll be worth it at least :f5:.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Bnet always downloads stuff for me like 200kb faster than anywhere else.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Just ran across this fella:

my back pages
Jun 23, 2009
The only character I cannot stand playing against is Roadhog. Everyone else has some counterplay or whatever. Roadhog is a raid boss who gets basically two chances to hook you, as you gotta go through his entire HP pool twice, who can still instantly kill you if you're too close, or not close enough but also not far enough or if hook is up, or whatever. The Hook hitbox is stupidly large and endlessly annoying. Plus, at the end of the day, there's really no solid counter. You can go Reaper, but chances are rmb->hook->lmb will still kill you. He counterflanks better than McCree and has more hp than any tank. Literally his only downside is how easy it is to build ults against him, but unless you're a Tracer (who gets totally punked by him most of the time) that barely matters. Has anyone seriously EVER thought "oh better not pick Roadhog here because they'll get their ults too fast!". I am grateful for the patch because finally discord orb will be a thing and I can actually deal with a good Roadhog.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

You can go invulnerable at any time as the shotgun ninja

strong bird
May 12, 2009

AS the shotgun ninja, you can be invincible and invulnerable at any time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

my back pages posted:

Plus, at the end of the day, there's really no solid counter.
Z-Z-Z-Z-ZARYA

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/SusanStrong-11521

That's ... a lot of time playing overwatch

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Star posted:

I think I am finally getting how to play Hanzo, and it's real fun

Enjoy having to relearn it all starting tomorrow.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

imagine playing that long and still being so lovely

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Quit complaining about the Hog, He has zero movement abilities and the largest hitbox in the game. If you play the game the way it's intended (As a team-player) then he isn't anymore of a threat than other characters.

All the new counters to him are more than enough to relegate him to the anti-flank tank he's designed to be.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah but have you seen harbleu play the hog in competitive matches

that flankhog :swoon:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Play with Roadhog for a few hours and you'll see what all his counters are because you'll be countered hard.

Reaper eats Roadhog alive because Roadhog wants someone close, but not too close. There'a reason why the hook brings someone to that range and not any closer (when it works properly)

Reaper can get right up into Roadhog's face and ruin him. Reaper is relatively small compared to the Hog and at extreme close ranges Roadhog has a hard time tracking people/hitting. Reaper doesn't have this problem with Roadhog because he's literally a giant wall of flesh.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Papercut posted:

Enjoy having to relearn it all starting tomorrow.

Did they say anything about patch coming out tomorrow?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Roadhog and Tracer make me so mad because I see so many people playing well with them seemingly effortlessly whereas I majorly suck with them.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm bad at Tracer but the only thing there is to Roadhog is hitting hooks. Remember it doesn't come out instantly and keep tracking with your mouse until it does. Then blow their head off. Piece of cake.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
render unto dva what is dva's

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Afraid of Audio posted:

render unto dva what is dva's

Play video games with me.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Philip Rivers posted:

Play video games with me.

in a bit, i swear

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

keyframe posted:

Did they say anything about patch coming out tomorrow?

No but someone said the game just downloaded a 2 gig patch, so seems like it is.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i am also dloading a patch

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Let's see... Overwatch was released on May 24th, which was 55 days ago on this day, so 376 divided by 55 is...

7 hours of Overwatch daily since release, every single day of the week. That's 49 hours of Overwatch a week which translates literally to clocking in more hours than a full time job.

That's impressive.

cent0r
Feb 19, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

Let's see... Overwatch was released on May 24th, which was 55 days ago on this day, so 376 divided by 55 is...

7 hours of Overwatch daily since release, every single day of the week. That's 49 hours of Overwatch a week which translates literally to clocking in more hours than a full time job.

That's impressive.

That's more in a week than I've played total. Impressive. Very impressive.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Just had a game in King's Row where people were doing the usual Genji/Hanzo thing before the match, so I decided to lean into it and got my team to do an all Genji gimmick round. I expected to just spend five minutes goofing around as we got splattered, but we managed to roll the other team in record time. Even after they tried a Winston/ Zen/Rein/Mercy counter. Was fun.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Theta Zero posted:

That's impressive.

poo poo, I don't think anybody actually works every single minute of their work week (apologies to anyone who does). I don't think I could focus 7 hours a day on a single task.

What's funny is, (s)he was utterly appalling at the game. And not even in a "bad at Widow" which he was playing, just bad at the game in general, it was really weird.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

poo poo, I don't think anybody actually works every single minute of their work week (apologies to anyone who does). I don't think I could focus 7 hours a day on a single task.

What's funny is, (s)he was utterly appalling at the game. And not even in a "bad at Widow" which he was playing, just bad at the game in general, it was really weird.

A kid maybe? I played with what sounded like a middle schooler the other day and he was amazingly bad. Like, Pharah who never ever leaves the ground bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Zoness posted:

yeah but have you seen harbleu play the hog in competitive matches

that flankhog :swoon:

Link to vids? I'd love to see this.