Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Buncha people including mesself were talking about this before : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16595/ Growing Settlements (WIP)

also

LGBT Family WIP Almost Complete Need Help Please by Herald777
Fallout 4 » Immersion

(*snip)
I’m a console user (I test my mod on my Xbox One), so I have nothing against
console users or pc users.

Do NOT publish this mod without my permission on either Bethesda.net or Nexus.
ONLY publish this mod with my permission. You will receive permission ONLY if
the problems have been fixed and there is no other way to send this back to me
for me to publish. I WILL give anyone who tries to attempt to fix these
problems credit in my description as long as you message me a request for
credit. I and others will greatly appreciate your help.

I dont see robosexual, Mai immuhshun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Don't suppose anyone has ever had an issue with settlers mutating?

I have no idea how or why but my settlers are growing more and more hideous and I don't mean normal bethesda ugly, I mean full on 'all the limits on facegen have been disabled'. I found a guard with a face only slighly narrower than her shoulders and the settlements in far harbor are filled with people who'd be kicked out of innsmouth!

Only mod that tweaks them I have is don't call me settler, and for weeks it worked fine and everyone looked normal.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

I just got back into the game (And realized I should have bought the swamp DLC before modding everything out. :negative: ) and I'm trying Survival Mode, which I really like so far. I have two big gripes, one of which I don't think can be solved by mods (That drat scripted deathclaw shreds me), however, the other probably can: Are there mods that tweak the settings for thirst/hunger/etc for survival? I have no earthly idea why taking stimpacks or painkillers suddenly makes me thirsty, but it seems like a way to artificially inflate how much water I need to keep on me. Any suggestions?

RuleBreaker

King Doom posted:

Don't suppose anyone has ever had an issue with settlers mutating?

I have no idea how or why but my settlers are growing more and more hideous and I don't mean normal bethesda ugly, I mean full on 'all the limits on facegen have been disabled'. I found a guard with a face only slighly narrower than her shoulders and the settlements in far harbor are filled with people who'd be kicked out of innsmouth!

Only mod that tweaks them I have is don't call me settler, and for weeks it worked fine and everyone looked normal.

are you sure that's not just what the far harbor settlers/npcs look like? They're some junky looking motherfuckers

That said, I have recently come across some... anomalies.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

staberind posted:

Buncha people including mesself were talking about this before : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16595/ Growing Settlements (WIP)

I hope this gets off the ground. Self building settlers would vastly improve the whole deal.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seashell Salesman posted:

I hope this gets off the ground. Self building settlers would vastly improve the whole deal.

Not exactly self building looking at it. Just a static hidden settlement that gets uncovered bit by bit as settlers arrive. Kinda like Major League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ_lSJjgvk

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Not exactly self building looking at it. Just a static hidden settlement that gets uncovered bit by bit as settlers arrive. Kinda like Major League.

yeah, thats true, but its a step away from settlers staring into space or wandering around until they decide to do some gardening (if you planted a buncha crap for them first, because you alone know how to put a new plant into the ground).

as long as I dont have settlers coming up to me and saying "Hi, i'm new here, my pronouns are shelf, dragon & dragonshelf, I am an otherkin. are there any bits of ground you need me to peer meticulously at?"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azhais posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDZ_lSJjgvk

I really don't know why anyone would expect actual self-building here. It's as close as anyone's ever going to get.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Midnight Voyager posted:

I really don't know why anyone would expect actual self-building here. It's as close as anyone's ever going to get.

Having a fixed progression is self building as far as I'm concerned. Procedural settlement building in the tiny settlement boundaries, taking into account food requirements and all that poo poo, would be terrible.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Having a fixed progression is self building as far as I'm concerned. Procedural settlement building in the tiny settlement boundaries, taking into account food requirements and all that poo poo, would be terrible.

You could probably set up something like little prefabs, grid off the settlements for various tasks, and have the system just pick a random prefab that addresses a given shortfall and dumps it into the respective zone. So you'd get the same structures now and again, but a little randomness playthrough to playthrough

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Azhais posted:

You could probably set up something like little prefabs, grid off the settlements for various tasks, and have the system just pick a random prefab that addresses a given shortfall and dumps it into the respective zone. So you'd get the same structures now and again, but a little randomness playthrough to playthrough

This is way harder than you think it is and there would be no way to account for a lot of static items dynamically as there is no way to get them via scripting (at least as of Skyrim). It would be terrible.

The method he has is a great framework and about the only way it would be improved on is if someone wanted to create a bunch of duplicate 'settlements' and/or levels and you basically just rand() to see which xmarker to activate... it would be a lot of additional work over the current system for a marginal benefit I think.

If RL slows down I could pick up a small settlement, probably will be a few weeks though... glad to see someone did something with the discussion previous though.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

staberind posted:

as long as I dont have settlers coming up to me and saying "Hi, i'm new here, my pronouns are shelf, dragon & dragonshelf, I am an otherkin. are there any bits of ground you need me to peer meticulously at?"

the gently caress are you going on about

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Also where can I get a mod that does do that

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Immersive Dirt-Peering Otherkins for CBBE.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Is there any mod that allows for multiple companions the same time?
If not, I guess that the "ahve dog + a compnion" mod will have to be enough.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Azhais posted:

That's like a step from magic as far as coding is concerned though. You basically have to hand-place things and disable them and trigger them to reenable to simulate what you want.

Luisfe posted:

Is there any mod that allows for multiple companions the same time?
If not, I guess that the "ahve dog + a compnion" mod will have to be enough.

Nexus is down right now, but there is this: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11829/

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Live dismemberment, a mod which lets you blow the limbs off enemies and have them remain alive! The videos look pretty impressive!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If you liked the concept of the radiant bounty board missions but sad they sort of just quietly phased out during your gameplay this mod not only makes them more of a viable thing but gives them some more variety as well!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

The_White_Crane posted:

Live dismemberment, a mod which lets you blow the limbs off enemies and have them remain alive! The videos look pretty impressive!

As amusing as that looks, apparently it affects you as well which would get really annoying (or gamebreaking since "the limbs don't grow back" according to the author). Also the author seems like a total fuckhead who responds to suggestions with flippant remarks.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Was there any chance this guy WOULDN'T be a massive toolbag given the mod description?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Want kids to look different? This person did too!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16289/

I balked at this one initially since it makes their hair look super... uh, child beauty pageant. But they seem to have just uploaded one that uses more vanilla hairstyles, so it's worth a shot. The pictures are still the old styles though.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

they said they replaced the textures, is that why all those kids look disgustingly glossy

blech

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

What's with the Nexus pervs always making people's skin shiny like plastic?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

occam's razor: they have sex with plastic

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

don't have sex with kids

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FlyinPingu posted:

they said they replaced the textures, is that why all those kids look disgustingly glossy

blech

I didn't notice that somehow. Maybe I've stared too long into the Nexus abyss. (or maybe all the kids looking identical just bugged me too much, especially in places like classrooms where it's super obvious)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets just talk about much less creepy mods now people, I found some good ones.

First off, some goon was asking the essential question a few weeks back, the question being is 'where the gently caress is the Warhammer 40k Space Marine stuff!', well click the URL if your still looking friend now your dreams have come true!

Next, for those who really dislike the Pipboy light and have always wanted to mount a tactical light or lights all over you or Strongs bulky green frame now at last you have the chance with the Tactical Flashlight Mod. Bonus points if you also go in with a light on your gun!

For gun spergs, sad that all rounds, clips and magazines just vanish when your done with them? well, with this mod now you can truly litter the wasteland with more than just the dead bodies of your foes.

Finally mandatory new gunz! This time around, somebody has assembled a STG-44 assault rifle.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Is there a mod that makes the armor in the game not look like rear end?

Not texture wise, but stylistically. The whole armor over clothing thing just didn't do it for me. Too much of a Clown Suit factor.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Xae posted:

Not texture wise, but stylistically. The whole armor over clothing thing just didn't do it for me. Too much of a Clown Suit factor.

There is a mod that basically turns the over armour stuff invisible if that is what you are seeking now?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there a mod that would allow me to literally wear a clown suit ?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Is there a mod that would allow me to literally wear a clown suit ?

I'm seeing some Batman stuff popping up, evenually a Joker reskin of one of the formal suits will appear. Just bide your time.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is there a mod that disables the power armor HUD so that you just use the default one while wearing power armor?

Not a fan of the dial displays, the fishbowl effect on the compass, or the yellow font/light.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

moot the hopple posted:

Is there a mod that disables the power armor HUD so that you just use the default one while wearing power armor?

Not a fan of the dial displays, the fishbowl effect on the compass, or the yellow font/light.

There's one that removes all the graphic so it's only the important bits?

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/178/

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Xae posted:

Anywho, I believe this is the mod you requested my friend!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So I'm running into the problem of like half my mods just not working even after being installed correctly. Anything involving power armor, like fusion core drain and the fast enter/exit animations, and the settlement workshop crap, like homemaker and scrap everything. Have these mods just not been updated for the latest patch or something?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Do you use NMM? sometimes it half asses when auto extracting the stuff. If you do look the files over and maybe try installing them manually?

MORE WEAPONS MOD STUFF HERE!

First off, if you are one of the people that like the half assed throw together look of the improvised pipe weaponry of the game somebody has created what looks like a rifled carbine thingy called the Crude Blowback that was featured in concept art for the actual game.

Do you like grenades? what about grenade launchers? do you miss THUMP THUMP and FNV's variety of loving people up from a distance? Grenade Expansion Pack has you covered. It gives you a M79 grenade launcher, twenty different types of grenades a whole bunch of buffs and crafting improvements and it both mod and level list friendly. KABOOM MOTHER FUCKERS!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

SeanBeansShako posted:

Do you use NMM? sometimes it half asses when auto extracting the stuff. If you do look the files over and maybe try installing them manually?

There is literally no reason to use NMM anymore now that the latest releases of MO and LOOT work with F4 pretty well.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What are the good mods nowadays? I want a bunch of crazy loving guns and combat that actually makes somewhat sense. And poo poo loads of cool armor.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SeanBeansShako posted:

Mod Organizer, and after having problems with that I did everything manually. Used Loot to check my load order. At this point I'm just gonna do a clean reinstall. Too much isn't working and I'm not too far into this playthrough.

Roadie posted:

There is literally no reason to use NMM anymore now that the latest releases of MO and LOOT work with F4 pretty well.

Loot works fine, but MO either won't start fallout or it'll crash right away.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 21, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I have way more problems with MO than NMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Brainamp posted:

So I'm running into the problem of like half my mods just not working even after being installed correctly. Anything involving power armor, like fusion core drain and the fast enter/exit animations, and the settlement workshop crap, like homemaker and scrap everything. Have these mods just not been updated for the latest patch or something?
All this stuff should work, the power armor animations are simple replacers (replaces a couple animation files) so it seems like your 'enable modding' might not be set (the Fallout4Custom.ini setting):

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

since the files seem to not be taking precedence over the vanilla files? Or MO sounds kinda messed up