Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know it's cruel and terrible, but I do want to see a bullfight before I die. It's the last truly barbarous spectator event left in the civilized world and I want to experience it even if it winds up sickening me and I leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

grand_danois posted:

How the gently caress do I embed tweets? there's nothing in the BBCode help about it, and googling around for it didn't help either.

https://twitter.com/kgbt/status/754443147648786434

Just paste the link, it doesn't show up in the preview window but it does show up in the actual post.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Solice Kirsk posted:

I know it's cruel and terrible, but I do want to see a bullfight before I die. It's the last truly barbarous spectator event left in the civilized world and I want to experience it even if it winds up sickening me and I leave.

Well there's still UFC

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've already seen MMA fights live a ton of times. It's not the same when both parties consented to be there. Maybe society will deteriorate to the point where I'll be able to watch two human slaves fight to the death over scraps of rotting offal, but I doubt it.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

I'm in the hospital because while eating my first bite of a hotdog, a bit of it fell down my food pipe. Said food pipe decided to clamp down on that nugget of food, so there's a good chance I'll have to be knocked out and be fished around inside.

Double freude points for this same thing happening maybe four years ago. Same food, same effect, same possible result.

Sometimes when I eat hamburger a piece falls down my windpipe and I reflexively cough causing it to shoot up into my nose causing me to reflexively sniff which causes it to go back into my windpipe. The cycle repeats until I manage to somehow interrupt it by sheer force of will while flailing about crying and choking.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

D-Pad posted:

Sometimes when I eat hamburger a piece falls down my windpipe and I reflexively cough causing it to shoot up into my nose causing me to reflexively sniff which causes it to go back into my windpipe. The cycle repeats until I manage to somehow interrupt it by sheer force of will while flailing about crying and choking.
Maybe your caretaker could cut your food into smaller bites?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I feel like this needs to be here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBhVQ3-9sNY

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
You guys, I know it's an easy trap to fall into where you want to put all your XP into boner size, but for reals, you really need to put some points into your Swallowing skill. Level that thing up a bit, or your just going to leave a giant-boner corpse with a hot-dog stuck in your throat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

At the risk of sounding like an edgy rear end in a top hat:

I went to a bull fight and its no better than dog fighting. They torment and stab the bull until it's tired and worn out, then some dipshit in tights comes out and plays with it for a while before spearing it with a sword.

If it was one on one with a fresh bull I might see some sort of man vs beast style thing but it's so handicapped by the end. Was hoping for a goring the while time.

Stayed for three matches before we left. One of them didn't die so they stabbed it a bunch more, one stood very still for a few seconds before vomiting a torrent of blood from its mouth and nostrils before keeling over and kicking out.

Go watch one so you can tell other people how gnarls it is. But anyone who defends the practice imagine if it was a horse or cat or something. Not a whole lot of difference.

Basically gently caress that dude, he made a living out of making a spectacle of spearing an animal through its lungs and heart while hyping up how dangerous it was. Congratulations on your poetic justice dude. I feel sorry for his wife, but she knew the risks.

/edgy

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

D-Pad posted:

Have you tried putting it up your butt instead?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Weatherman posted:

Apparently we're supposed to tell you to stick your guns up your arse again?
You don't want to do that, those things have sharp edges. :mad:
late edit: besides like any good gun owner the things basically live up my cavernous butt anyways.

(forums schadenfreude was on me when I posted in D&D a week or two ago and immediately pissed someone off, which cost me my sweet refurb avatar)

Parts Kit has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Jul 19, 2016

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Outrail posted:

At the risk of sounding like an edgy rear end in a top hat:

I went to a bull fight and its no better than dog fighting. They torment and stab the bull until it's tired and worn out, then some dipshit in tights comes out and plays with it for a while before spearing it with a sword.

If it was one on one with a fresh bull I might see some sort of man vs beast style thing but it's so handicapped by the end. Was hoping for a goring the while time.

Stayed for three matches before we left. One of them didn't die so they stabbed it a bunch more, one stood very still for a few seconds before vomiting a torrent of blood from its mouth and nostrils before keeling over and kicking out.

Go watch one so you can tell other people how gnarls it is. But anyone who defends the practice imagine if it was a horse or cat or something. Not a whole lot of difference.

Basically gently caress that dude, he made a living out of making a spectacle of spearing an animal through its lungs and heart while hyping up how dangerous it was. Congratulations on your poetic justice dude. I feel sorry for his wife, but she knew the risks.

/edgy

I saw one and that was pretty much what it was. Also, at the end, they strapped the bull up to a wench and dragged it onto some tiny rear end datson pickup and drove off.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I think every bullfight should start with a coin flip and if the matador loses he comes out first, the picadors stab him a bunch of times until he's staggering from fatigue and blood loss, and then the bull comes out with a sword duct taped to its head.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Trig Discipline posted:

I think every bullfight should start with a coin flip and if the matador loses he comes out first, the picadors stab him a bunch of times until he's staggering from fatigue and blood loss, and then the bull comes out with a sword duct taped to its head.

The bull already has two swords on its head. The Matador should have his sword duct taped to his head. That would make it fair and lend some dignity to this noble profession.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

canyoneer posted:

Well there's still UFC

Bare knuckle boxing, although that's still not ideal. Real no limit street fighting should really be a thing. Only rule: no weapons or armor.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

WickedHate posted:

Bare knuckle boxing, although that's still not ideal. Real no limit street fighting should really be a thing. Only rule: no weapons or armor.

But what if... you ARE the weapon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AokToReN8eg

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Whole bunch of people who need to learn to chew their goddamn food itt

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Whole bunch of people who need to learn to chew their goddamn food itt

Look at this guy who's never died eating a hotdog

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3odKtfrTo

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Solice Kirsk posted:

This belongs in a museum.

Thank you. If you know where I can apply for a grant that will pay me to write grim, hot dog-related vignettes, please let me know.

Trig Discipline posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the one of the greatest ideas I have ever heard.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

That is my least favorite Paul F. Tompkins bit ever

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
there was a "Women for Trump" session at the RNC to show how many women love the Don

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Jul 19, 2016

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

What are the odds that there are actually underground deathmatch tournaments going on? I sorta think it's not a very far fetched thing, but if you consider how much money pro fighters make legally, it would mostly be relegated to boring, second tier fighters and the fights would be boring as gently caress even if they ended with death. It would be exactly the same fight before the judge interrupted, but with the added death.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Lol at

quote:

so you are literally there, not physically. How do you know it's empty?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

nerdz posted:

What are the odds that there are actually underground deathmatch tournaments going on? I sorta think it's not a very far fetched thing, but if you consider how much money pro fighters make legally, it would mostly be relegated to boring, second tier fighters and the fights would be boring as gently caress even if they ended with death. It would be exactly the same fight before the judge interrupted, but with the added death.

I know Bum Fights and the stuff Kimbo Slice started with are things that existed. There's like a 99% chance it's still going on.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

God, even when other reporters there backed her up, they refused to believe it. :stonklol:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

So this young dude in Ottawa with the standard nerd over-enunciation orders a chicken sandwich that they're all out of, so he tells the woman at the counter that she's a bitch, and at the beginning of the video here he's explaining that "bitch" is a proper English word to use, and then he starts flying into this Men's Rights Activist rant about how he can only punch men and he demands to be treated as well as a woman and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZnqyE14RY

(You know, because a fast-food joint being out of an item doesn't apply to women. If a woman wants one of whatever they're out of, they'll get Ronald McDonald himself to come out from the back and wave his arms to make one magically appear for her.)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

grand_danois
Jan 9, 2005
not a dog irl

Kurieg posted:

https://twitter.com/kgbt/status/754443147648786434

Just paste the link, it doesn't show up in the preview window but it does show up in the actual post.

Thank you! When tweet load in my browser, it always briefly shows the links before the JS kicks in and embed the tweet, so I thought that might be it. But when it didn't show up in preview, I figured I was wrong - would have never just tried it for some reason. Thanks!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

tacodaemon posted:

So this young dude in Ottawa with the standard nerd over-enunciation orders a chicken sandwich that they're all out of, so he tells the woman at the counter that she's a bitch, and at the beginning of the video here he's explaining that "bitch" is a proper English word to use, and then he starts flying into this Men's Rights Activist rant about how he can only punch men and he demands to be treated as well as a woman and so on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZnqyE14RY

(You know, because a fast-food joint being out of an item doesn't apply to women. If a woman wants one of whatever they're out of, they'll get Ronald McDonald himself to come out from the back and wave his arms to make one magically appear for her.)

Oh god, that's to cringey to watch.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hahahaha.... this is the best. This week is going to be nothing but hilarity.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The Locator posted:

I think you mean Hilaryity. :smugdon:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some schadenfreude from the election we recently had here in Australia: four middle-aged dudes who were part of a politician's election campaign thought it would be a great idea to drive around in a black jeep (possibly with fake licence plates) at 4am on the morning of the election tearing down the opposition's election banners and then drive their car at people who told them to gently caress off, getting caught on video in the process.
It turns out that the cops didn't agree it was a great idea

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

TBH, I'm super surprised that this is the first in 30 years. I figured injury was more common than outright death, but I thought there would have been maybe a dozen over that amount of time.

We should be so lucky. I started to feel bad about watching a man die but then I noticed the bull was covered in its own blood from all the spears sticking out of its back and all my unhappy feelings just went right away :unsmith:

Stab the matador's in the knee before the match, make the odds 50:50 then I'll watch.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Takes No Damage posted:

We should be so lucky. I started to feel bad about watching a man die but then I noticed the bull was covered in its own blood from all the spears sticking out of its back and all my unhappy feelings just went right away :unsmith:

Stab the matador's in the knee before the match, make the odds 50:50 then I'll watch.

"I used to be a matador until I took a sabre to the knee"

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hooooooly poo poo ya'll.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/122215...source=facebook

Vox posted:

Here’s the key moment in Meliana Trump’s speech tonight:

My parents impressed on me the value of that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. Show the values and morals in in the daily life. That is the lesson that we continue to pass on to our son.

We need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. [Cheering] Because we want our children in these nations to know that the only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

And this is from Michelle Obama’s speech in 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

Donald Trumps wife basically stole an entire passage from Michelle Obama's speech from 2008. Yes, the Obama's that are terrible and can't do anything right. Given on the floor of the RNC.

I hope that party dies.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jastiger posted:

Donald Trumps wife basically stole an entire passage from Michelle Obama's speech from 2008.

That's either the dumbest thing ever or the greatest troll in history

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There's questionable, somewhat plausible cases where it's not entirely clear if it's plagiarism... And then there's that. Whoever wrote it didn't even begin to try covering it up.

So, bets on how many more speeches of theirs will be revealed to be the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

The Locator posted:

Double shaden - the women in the picture weren't there to show solidarity for Trump. They were the reporters. No one showed.