Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

A 2/3 flyer can kill you in that deck shell. Spire Golem has been one of the best creatures in mxu decks in pauper for a long time and they're actually easier to kill with sideboard cards than a 2/3 cloud of faeries is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i just dont want to type like, 5 more characters to make a 1, when i can do that by just hitting 1

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
So tcg player is planning on doing buylisting...

This sounds... amazing?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I mean when it hits 180 I'll get the colored/colorless symbols, and I guess we'll figure it out past then. People seem to want numbers, but I can support 1-9 & tap or something like that. Idk personally I think hybrids are cooler but I'm only contributing one emote's worth anyway v:shobon:v

e; none of this happens till yall fill that tip jar though!

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 19, 2016

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I appreciate the introduction to Pauper as I don't play it myself (I mean this sincerely) but with all the direct comparisons (including my own) to Twin, it sounds like you've got about 4-5 years of it being the dominant deck before they ban it.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh christ.

I had to mail back a playset of Descend upon the Sinful to fulfill an eBay dispute in order to get a refund. I was supposed to get a playset of Declaration in Stone, but the seller hosed up and sent me the wrong cards. After hearing back from them on the last day they could before I could request a refund, I asked for tracking information when the seller said they'd send me the correct cards, but heard nothing from the seller and moved forward with eBay for a refund. I just got the playset of Declarations in the mail today after eBay refunded me. I dunno if I should tell the guy that I was refunded or if I should just keep them.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Star Man posted:

Oh christ.

I had to mail back a playset of Descend upon the Sinful to fulfill an eBay dispute in order to get a refund. I was supposed to get a playset of Declaration in Stone, but the seller hosed up and sent me the wrong cards. After hearing back from them on the last day they could before I could request a refund, I asked for tracking information when the seller said they'd send me the correct cards, but heard nothing from the seller and moved forward with eBay for a refund. I just got the playset of Declarations in the mail today after eBay refunded me. I dunno if I should tell the guy that I was refunded or if I should just keep them.

gently caress that dick, he's an rear end in a top hat, keep them.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Hellsau posted:

It's just really difficult to deal with Splinter Twin combo in an all commons format, where all the pieces of the combo also happen to be good cards.

This is the big killer here. Drake, even without going into an infinite combo, is a pretty reasonable card. A 2/3 flyer is a very solid body in Pauper and turn 5 Drake > Mulldrifer is a hell of a line in a deck that can also cast Ghostly Flicker for value. The only combo piece that's individually pretty bad is Mnemonic Wall.

Compare this to something like the old Familiars decks, where the combo involved more pieces and a bunch of them were useless 1/1 bodies with a line of text stapled to them that did basically nothing until you had everything assembled, and then remember that even that was format warping to the point of warranting a ban.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Star Man posted:

Oh christ.

Really the right thing to do is tell them you got the refund.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Star Man posted:

Oh christ.

Usually when someone poses an ethical question like that, they actually know what the right thing to do is and are just looking for someone to provide them an acceptable reason not to.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Star Man posted:

Oh christ.

Yes you pay for your loving cards dude. Don't be a theiving poo poo head.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sarcastro posted:

Usually when someone poses an ethical question like that, they actually know what the right thing to do is and are just looking for someone to provide them an acceptable reason not to.

Yeah, I'm going to mail these back tomorrow after work and leave the seller a message with tracking information. All this runaround over a $19 set of cards.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Star Man posted:

Yeah, I'm going to mail these back tomorrow after work and leave the seller a message with tracking information. All this runaround over a $19 set of cards.

You can just paypal them the money

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Skyl3lazer posted:

Unironically making a gofundme for this so more than just me can chip in.

http://www.gofundme.com/samanasymbols

Vote for what you want as the second 10 symbols - http://www.strawpoll.me/10780085

I vote {0} {1} {15} {T} {2/B} {GP} {S} {CHAOS} {Q} {X}

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ThePeavstenator posted:

You can just paypal them the money

Nah. I already bought another set of Declaration in Stone because I needed them when the original shipment came in. I don't need eight copies of the card.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

gently caress these are cool.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
:v:

I would like those better if the art wasn't so dodgy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
My buddy is going to SDCC but there is probably no way I can convince him to wait on line for these for me haha.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

My buddy is going to SDCC but there is probably no way I can convince him to wait on line for these for me haha.

The line requires you to get there at 4 am, so no.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

The line requires you to get there at 4 am, so no.

:wtc:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SDCC is stupid and probably not fun.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Supposedly a UK toys and games con is getting the SDCC transformers exclusives, maybe they'll get these too?

Neat idea and each has a cool detail, but the art isn't popping.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i like chandra but the rest im real eh on

completely unrelated, there's a cool bug on mtgo where random cards get random Guild symbols, which in turn gives those cards a gold frame

it doesn't affect gameplay it seems but it's funny to me

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Nissa has flowers growing out of her head
Gideon is strangled with this own hand-whip thing
Jace is eating his own brain
Chandra is burned alive on her own fire

So good. This is a much better set than the black-on-black designs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

You can sometimes get them off the Hasboro website if you're quick on the draw. I got 2 sets last year.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

You can sometimes get them off the Hasboro website if you're quick on the draw. I got 2 sets last year.

They were like 50 bucks on there last year right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Count Bleck posted:

They were like 50 bucks on there last year right?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

Does this work for the transformers, too? Zombie planeswalkers are one thing, Fort Max with the master sword is a whole 'nother level.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trick @ Wizards ‏@TrickMTG 37s37 seconds ago
Trick @ Wizards Retweeted CVM'rakul
It is confirmed, the foiling is the FTV / non-standard process for the SDCC promos.

never mind.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Trick @ Wizards ‏@TrickMTG 37s37 seconds ago
Trick @ Wizards Retweeted CVM'rakul
It is confirmed, the foiling is the FTV / non-standard process for the SDCC promos.

never mind.

Interest lost.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I don't have to feel bad about wanting Fort Max instead then.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Why do they go out of their way use a different foiling process for premium products if it looks like poo poo?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Please respect the Magic storyline

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

What was the time frame when they went on sale on the Hasbro site?

FTV Aether Vial looks pretty good though :/

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BizarroAzrael posted:

Neat idea and each has a cool detail, but the art isn't popping.

And every graphic designer and artist in the world winced at once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thisuck posted:

What was the time frame when they went on sale on the Hasbro site?

It was a week or so after SDCC if I remember correctly.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Thisuck posted:

FTV Aether Vial looks pretty good though :/

This is literally the only exception.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

mcmagic posted:

It was a week or so after SDCC if I remember correctly.

Ah thanks, I remember hearing about it on the morning it went on sale last year and it was already sold out.

Count Bleck posted:

This is literally the only exception.

FTV Angels was pretty good too though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Interest lost.

Why don't they use the process that they use for the Expeditions? Those were nicer than regular foils and not as nail polishy as the FTV ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The Photoshop Filter -> Render -> Clouds backgrounds really detract from the art and makes it look like they rush-ordered the art in time for the convention.

• Locked thread