Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

GB_Sign posted:

Is anyone else getting massive battery drain from Egg Inc? I unplugged my phone at 97% charged and went to sleep. Woke up to it at 35%, and when I check the battery stats I see Egg Inc was the biggest drain by a large margin with over 8 hours of Keep Awake time. I checked the options and there is no way to turn off notifications.

Did you leave it running? It never turns the screen off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

uPen posted:

Did you leave it running? It never turns the screen off.

When I looked at my phone this morning it was dark and on the home screen when I woke it so I don't think I did, but I will watch for that.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

poo poo like that is why I installed a task manager app. Not that that's any excuse for never turning off automatically.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Hold on whats up with this piggy bank thing?

I though it was just a time investment = "better value" for golden eggs.
The top purchase option is 6800 for $25 or 2.7~ eggs per cent

My piggy bank is currently at 1780 for $3.80 or 4.7~ eggs per cent.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you hold off for a long time, the piggy bank serves as a decent tip jar. Like, right now, my options after reaching the next-to-last egg type are:

* 1500 gold eggs - $4.99
* 3200 gold eggs - $9.99
* 6800 gold eggs - $19.99
* 10196 gold eggs in my piggy bank - $2.99

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Cerepol posted:

Hold on whats up with this piggy bank thing?

I though it was just a time investment = "better value" for golden eggs.
The top purchase option is 6800 for $25 or 2.7~ eggs per cent

My piggy bank is currently at 1780 for $3.80 or 4.7~ eggs per cent.

The more you wait the bigger it gets but the price stays the same. The wording on it was a little confusing but it's a good idea, it's nice to see something that rewards you for holding off rather than rewarding you for sinking MORE MONEY into the game.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I do kind of wish there was a piggybank hammer or something even if it was $10 that just gave that bonus to you permanently though, I'd consider it. I kind of want the silo permit but it doesn't seem that worth it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

alright app developers, time for you to make a Pokemon Go Plus emulator so I don't have to spend $35 to get notifications

https://applidium.com/en/news/unbundling_pokemon_go/

also make me a map exporter

also get sued into the ground lol

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 18, 2016

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

poo poo like that is why I installed a task manager app. Not that that's any excuse for never turning off automatically.

Task managers are for idiots. If you have a random misbehaving app uninstall it or close it manually. Task managers will hurt your battery life and performance.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

installing a third-party task manager means that you think some random developer with a google play app-publishing account knows how to manage the android os better than google. sure, there are valid cases where google's task-management and app-certification processes can and should be criticized for not preventing bad third-party code from running down user batteries. but it's pretty dubious imo to think that jim-bob hackerson and his non-root-using task manager are going to compare favorably to the OS's built-in tools and mechanisms, at least in any kind of exhaustive testing

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 18, 2016

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Does anyone know of a list of controller supported games? Just got a shield console and I'm looking for things to play

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Horn posted:

Does anyone know of a list of controller supported games? Just got a shield console and I'm looking for things to play

If you enjoy holding the controller upside down you can try FFIX :v:

(No seriously the controller support for it is awful do not give Square Enix money for being assholes that wont put the goddamned intern on "make controllers work right" for 5 loving minutes)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Counter of Death is a simple but fun arcade game where you time inputs to block attacks and punch people in the face as NotBruce Lee. Its actually quite charming; it mimics the whole 70s kung fu film look quite well and I had a big grin on my face when I first started playing it.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 19, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just reached Tachyon Eggs. :getin:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

installing a third-party task manager means that you think some random developer with a google play app-publishing account knows how to manage the android os better than google. sure, there are valid cases where google's task-management and app-certification processes can and should be criticized for not preventing bad third-party code from running down user batteries. but it's pretty dubious imo to think that jim-bob hackerson and his non-root-using task manager are going to compare favorably to the OS's built-in tools and mechanisms, at least in any kind of exhaustive testing

I mostly have it because I haven't seen a convenient way to actually close apps the way I'm used to on desktops anywhere instead of the occasionally-useful-but-usually-not minimization equivalent I get when I use the system's default exit button. As far as I can tell there is Force Stop but that's it if you want to actually be sure the program's ended, which is not fine when the standard I've gotten used to is that when you exit a program it stops itself from running any more.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Any recommendations on decent cheap-ish controllers for Android phones? Mainly for emulator use (mostly 2D stuff, so a good D-pad would be a plus, although analog sticks would come in handy too in case I wanted to get into PS1/N64 emulation or something), plus I think I'd like something with a clip I could attach my phone to. It'd also be nice if I could use the same controller on my PC, but that's not a must.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Forktoss posted:

Any recommendations on decent cheap-ish controllers for Android phones? Mainly for emulator use (mostly 2D stuff, so a good D-pad would be a plus, although analog sticks would come in handy too in case I wanted to get into PS1/N64 emulation or something), plus I think I'd like something with a clip I could attach my phone to. It'd also be nice if I could use the same controller on my PC, but that's not a must.

pretty much the best game in town is the Moga line. I had one and it worked pretty well, but I just never charged the dumb thing.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Lumines game, Lumines Puzzle & Music, out now for folks in Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately, everyone else will have to wait until September.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 19, 2016

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Sky Force Reloaded came out with another level, another level of upgrade for the wing guns, at least one more ship (I've only collected one part thus far), and a few smaller additions.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I thought the same thing but Greenify helped my battery life tremendously :shrug:

sure you could just not get poorly behaving apps that need to be suspended but in my experience that cuts off like 75% of them

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Lumines game, Lumines Puzzle & Music, out now for folks in Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately, everyone else will have to wait until September.

As much as I love Lumines, the single review of the game sounds pretty bad.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CrashCat posted:

I thought the same thing but Greenify helped my battery life tremendously :shrug:

sure you could just not get poorly behaving apps that need to be suspended but in my experience that cuts off like 75% of them

Same experience here, greenify is legit.

Edit: vvvvv loving sold.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 20, 2016

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Dead Shell is an apparently Doom-inspired sci-fi roguelike RPG with simple click based combat. It seems neat (though I'm not quite sure how I ran out of stamina so fast :ohdear: Oh, its one life per dungeon attempt. That kinda sucks.).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 20, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

CrashCat posted:

right which is why i explicitly included the phrase "exhaustive testing" in the post of mine that you quoted. your anecdote is cute and all, but when considering the scientific merit of such apps it is important to be rigorous. perhaps we can have a real discussion when papers about such apps are published in journals like ACM and IEEE

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

right which is why i explicitly included the phrase "exhaustive testing" in the post of mine that you quoted. your anecdote is cute and all, but when considering the scientific merit of such apps it is important to be rigorous. perhaps we can have a real discussion when papers about such apps are published in journals like ACM and IEEE

Perhaps you should eat a dick.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Uh... You okay?

I think anecdotal evidence from other goons is pretty cool and good when choosing apps. Isn't that what the whole thread is?

On topic, Card Wars Kingdom is interesting, but I tried to get their 99 cent starter pack and they took my money without actually giving me the goods. Plus, now I can't connect to their store at all. They have not responded to my emails. In other words, they can eat a whole dick.

1337kutkufan6969 fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 20, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

In other words, they can eat a whole dick.

Jesus, an entire dick? :ohdear:

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Jesus, an entire dick? :ohdear:

A big one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lutha Mahtin posted:

perhaps we can have a real discussion when papers about such apps are published in journals like ACM and IEEE
Haha drat ya got me, my sarcasm detection was busted again

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Apps like greenify just shut off all your background processes, rendering your smart phone a dumb phone when not in use. You could charge your phone at home like a normal person, or install lovely apps that disable built in features to save a little battery.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Why not a bag of dicks?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Apps like greenify just shut off all your background processes, rendering your smart phone a dumb phone when not in use. You could charge your phone at home like a normal person, or install lovely apps that disable built in features to save a little battery.

I use Facebook a fair bit, and I like that it (Greenify) shuts it off after a certain period. Ideally, this would be handled by, y'know... Facebook, but no. They won't do that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

big mean giraffe posted:

You don't understand just how many retarded apps think they have a god given right to check poo poo in the background at all hours when I don't give a gently caress except when I open them myself. poo poo that isn't anything remotely timely, I don't suspend the messaging/email/news/weather apps but everything else can gently caress right off to sleep.

It's drat ridiculous and yes there should be a better way but lol

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

ModeSix posted:

Why not a bag of dicks?

That's too many. Be realistic.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I just now saw that Deus Ex GO was announced for a September release, awesome news. Thanks for the heads up about Greenify, been upset about my battery life since I had to reinstall the official app due to Tinfoil for Facebook making GBS threads the bed all the time.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

ModeSix posted:

Why not a bag of dicks?

https://youtu.be/e961x6uGsQU

Maybe don't click that at work, but I'm not your boss, do what you want.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

ModeSix posted:

Why not a bag of dicks?

Those are illusions and devil's work, as noted in the Malleus Maleficarum:

quote:

And what, then, is to be thought of those witches who in this way sometimes collect male organs in great numbers, as many as twenty or thirty members together, and put them in a bird's nest, or shut them up in a box, where they move themselves like living members, and eat oats and corn, as has been seen by many and is a matter of common report? It is to be said that it is all done by devil's work and illusion, for the senses of those who see them are deluded in the way we have said. For a certain man tells that, when he had lost his member, he approached a known witch to ask her to restore it to him. She told the afflicted man to climb a certain tree, and that he might take which he liked out of the nest in which there were several members. And when he tried to take a big one, the witch said: You must not take that one; adding, because it belongs to a parish priest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So, in non-dick eating news, Kairosoft has released a new game: Legends Of Heropolis.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Kheldarn posted:

So, in non-dick eating news, Kairosoft has released a new game: Legends Of Heropolis.

Aw man, this looks good but it also reminds me that Chroma Squad still isn't out on mobile yet :(

Anyway, Guild of Dungeoneering, a turn based RPG/card game where you build the dungeon around your heroes is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Current Egg Inc. mission:

"50 million chickens live on your farm."

I'll, uh, get right on that.