Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Veran would be really fun actually

I have said it before and I will say it again: there should be Agahnim, Veran and Onox costumes for Wizzro, Cia and Volga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have said it before and I will say it again: there should be Agahnim, Veran and Onox costumes for Wizzro, Cia and Volga.

Sure, but also they should be playable.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Sure, but also they should be playable.

They should have probably been those characters in the first place. At least Onox and Aghanim. Veran would probably have a different move set from Cia.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You can't have Onox and not Veran

Edit: guess i misunderstood your post, but yeah i agree. But Wizzro is cool so im ok with it

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Final character leak chat:

I haven't played the Wii U version in a while and have never tried Legends. Are there any references to LTTP, the Capcom games, or FSA? I guess for the first one you could say Pegasus Boots fit the bill.

If it was just Capcom, it might make sense somehow. But it otherwise seems like a weird place to draw the line. I'm sure it also has to do with money and dev time, obvi.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Some of the food items you can shove in the faces of fairies are items from the capcom games. That's it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So are those fairy abilities on the 3ds basically like cheats?

I got that wall of water one which has made all the don't get hot maps a doddle and I noticed there's this invincible weakling one which I assume negates all damage completely?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Veran would be really fun actually

Yeah!!

And maybe I'd be good at playing as her, unlike agitha, who I am absolutely horrid with.

Also while trying to find that art I found this

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/06/the-legend-of-zelda-custom-chess-set/

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Kin posted:

So are those fairy abilities on the 3ds basically like cheats?

I got that wall of water one which has made all the don't get hot maps a doddle and I noticed there's this invincible weakling one which I assume negates all damage completely?

Some of them are only temporary and you have to turn them on when you want to use them. The wall of water one is a passive, as is the "heal keeps when you're inside" one, but stuff like "dealing damage refills magic" is an active one. Apparently the final skill (never run out of magic) that I've been grinding for is an active one, so that's pretty lovely that it doesn't clarify either way.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I made a document that contains every character, officer, and giant boss weakness. It can be found here.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I just found out about the level 4 weapons. Do they basically break the game as much as I expect them to or are they so rare you'll basically never see a 5*?

I only got my first 5* level 3 weapon after completing the final square of the master quest map so figured it was locked behind that, but it might just have been really terrible drop rates.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Kin posted:

I just found out about the level 4 weapons. Do they basically break the game as much as I expect them to or are they so rare you'll basically never see a 5*?

I only got my first 5* level 3 weapon after completing the final square of the master quest map so figured it was locked behind that, but it might just have been really terrible drop rates.

The drop rate for Lv. 4 weapons is zero... until you've A Ranked their respective missions (making sure you've used the correct item to reveal them) on the Twilight and Termina Maps.

The DLC characters get all their weapons (including their respective Lv. 4 weapons) on the DLC Maps where their rewards are.

The drop rate for Lv. 4 weapons is pretty rare, but using Weapon Rank potions on red zone squares increase the chance of one dropping.

Oh, and DLC Maps starting with Koholint Island feature Lv. 4+ weapons which are basically Lv. 4 weapons with an extra element attached to them so that the weapon does damage of the usual element + one more.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

coffeecup posted:

Final character leak chat:

I haven't played the Wii U version in a while and have never tried Legends. Are there any references to LTTP, the Capcom games, or FSA? I guess for the first one you could say Pegasus Boots fit the bill.

If it was just Capcom, it might make sense somehow. But it otherwise seems like a weird place to draw the line. I'm sure it also has to do with money and dev time, obvi.

one of the pegasus boots variations has Roc's feathers on it

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Folt The Bolt posted:

The drop rate for Lv. 4 weapons is zero... until you've A Ranked their respective missions (making sure you've used the correct item to reveal them) on the Twilight and Termina Maps.

The DLC characters get all their weapons (including their respective Lv. 4 weapons) on the DLC Maps where their rewards are.

The drop rate for Lv. 4 weapons is pretty rare, but using Weapon Rank potions on red zone squares increase the chance of one dropping.

Oh, and DLC Maps starting with Koholint Island feature Lv. 4+ weapons which are basically Lv. 4 weapons with an extra element attached to them so that the weapon does damage of the usual element + one more.

Ah, IIRC the Termina map was pretty brutal, should i skip to the Koholint map, get the 4+ weapon and then go back to get the others or does the difficulty on Koholint assume you've leveled up enough from finishing the previous maps?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

A lot of the Koholint map is easy, but the level 4+ maps are generally more difficult than the level 4 ones from Twilight and Termina. Both of those maps are easier than they were in the original though, at least in my opinion.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Kin posted:

Ah, IIRC the Termina map was pretty brutal, should i skip to the Koholint map, get the 4+ weapon and then go back to get the others or does the difficulty on Koholint assume you've leveled up enough from finishing the previous maps?

As far as I know, the endgame zones of Koholint (and Master Wind Waker) were about the same difficulty as the ones from Twilight and Termina, maybe a little more difficult for the Lv.4+ weapon missions unless you have Lv. 4 weapons, so just play through Twilight and Termina and come back to those maps later on.

You are after all required to get all weapons that are not part of a DLC map in order to unlock the true power of the Master Sword.

EDIT: Master Wind Waker and Koholint Island has a general difficulty progression more in line with how the Adventure/Master Quest Maps were on the Wii U than how they're done in Legends.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I was wondering how the master sword thing worked in this. I don't remember a popup after completing the master quest map.

Are they now including the level 4 weapons in the twilight and termina maps?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
UK dudes, Hyrule Warriors Pocket Color DX 3D for £12.84: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZGEXJP8/

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Kin posted:

I was wondering how the master sword thing worked in this. I don't remember a popup after completing the master quest map.

Are they now including the level 4 weapons in the twilight and termina maps?

The Master Sword has two skills to unlock this time around. The first one is the now-10000-KOs-to-unlock Evil's Bane which unseals (i.e. you can begin working on unlocking it) after getting all non-DLC weapons EXCEPT + weapons from the Adventure Maps. Like in the previous game, it increases the Master Sword's base strength by 200, giving you a maximum base strength of 500 with the Master Sword.

The second skill unseals when you get all the non-DLC Lv. 4 weapons, which is the current 25000 KOs skill. Getting that one increases the Master Sword's base strength by a whopping 400, meaning it has a total of 900 base strength which surpasses the strength of even Lv. 4 weapons.

And of course, unsealing and unlocking both Master Sword skills give you the ability to get Legendary for the other weapons which changes weapon base strength to 560 (which translates to 840 base strength on a five-star weapon).

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I never got around to doing that in the original. I take it now that I've finished master quest my priority really should be unlocking that 10k skill?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Kin posted:

I never got around to doing that in the original. I take it now that I've finished master quest my priority really should be unlocking that 10k skill?

You could, but you don't have to. I simply waited until I got all the Lv. 4 weapons as well, then started unlocking both skills. (That way, I only needed 15000 KOs or something for the second skill, after I had unlocked Evil's Bane.)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've been going back and doing skulltulas. Can you not get both in one run? I'm pretty sure I've been meeting the requirements for the second ones (including being on hard for the Legends ones), but only the 1k ones show up.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've been going back and doing skulltulas. Can you not get both in one run? I'm pretty sure I've been meeting the requirements for the second ones (including being on hard for the Legends ones), but only the 1k ones show up.

Yeah, you can only get one each time you play a level.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do item cards recharge or are they a one time only thing?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Do item cards recharge or are they a one time only thing?

If you're referring to the ones in your inventory they're one and done.

The ones on the map will respawn to be recollected eventually. I think beating adjacent missions makes them come back faster.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I really wish you could buy items once you've found them once or something

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

For those of you wondering how progress on the tier list is going (which is probably zero), we recently finished talking about Ruto, and are gearing up for Agitha.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

For those of you wondering how progress on the tier list is going (which is probably zero), we recently finished talking about Ruto, and are gearing up for Agitha.

Is this like a podcast or something you're working on or what if you don't mind me asking?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this like a podcast or something you're working on or what if you don't mind me asking?

It's something I've been working on with likeminded people, trying to figure out once and for all how the characters stack up to one another when brought to their full potential. It should be noted that we don't factor in Hasty Attacks, so it should tell you how good they are, even if you haven't gotten HA on everyone.

Alas, I'm taking an extended vacation in a couple minutes or so, so I decided to give a little update for the people who are interested, even if they're not too many.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Folt The Bolt posted:

Agitha will be at the bottom of that list, right

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like a lot of the characters and weapons in this game, but Agitha is just the one singular character I haven't been able to get a good feel for. I just feel like her combos aren't very good or something. I mostly end up doing the combo that segues into riding the butterfly and then divebombing the butterfly, wash, rinse, repeat, but I'm just not very good with Agitha. The only comparable thing is Zelda's Baton, because hoo boy I've seen people say that the baton is a good weapon and then I try and out and I am just the *worst* at it.

I bet if Veran was playable I'd be good at playing as her :mad:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

FirstAidKite posted:

I like a lot of the characters and weapons in this game, but Agitha is just the one singular character I haven't been able to get a good feel for. I just feel like her combos aren't very good or something. I mostly end up doing the combo that segues into riding the butterfly and then divebombing the butterfly, wash, rinse, repeat, but I'm just not very good with Agitha. The only comparable thing is Zelda's Baton, because hoo boy I've seen people say that the baton is a good weapon and then I try and out and I am just the *worst* at it.

I bet if Veran was playable I'd be good at playing as her :mad:

I dislike all of Zelda's weapons, but yeah, the Baton is just the worst

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dunban posted:

I dislike all of Zelda's weapons, but yeah, the Baton is just the worst

I really like the dominion rod. Once you figure out which combos give her meter for which statue, you can start doing all kinds of crazy poo poo with it like attacking in two different directions at the same time or just sweeping everything in front of you to the side and then stomping them.

The rapier I have some trouble with but when I learned that one of her combos fills up her light arrow gauge and that some of her combos can be extended based on how many light arrows you have, that made it much easier to deal with

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dunban posted:

Agitha will be at the bottom of that list, right

Funny way of spelling Fi

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Sudden Javelin posted:

Funny way of spelling Fi

I would accept her as well

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dunban posted:

I would accept her as well

You might be the only one

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
And then there are situations like this where people talk about how poo poo Fi is and I don't have any issues with her outside of some of that one "defeat all enemies" adventure mode mission where I had to deal with the imprisoned.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just treat Agitha as a series of C4 Beetle Bombs. It's fun to set up another while they're getting smashed in the face by the first. It becomes a game of "how many of the beetles can I smash in the opponent's face before they break out of the chain".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Which characters generally have the best specials for the kill 150 via special Skulltulas? And in those cases is it advisable to just ignore the element and run with the best specials anyway?

Folt The Bolt posted:

Slow and steady. That's cool though. Ruto's quickly become one of my favorite keep clearers and I'm really fond of the range on her C1, but I remembering you mention the best water character is the King or something of that nature.

There's so many characters that I've hardly played with. I pretty ignore Fi on purpose, but I've noticed I hardly ever play as Cia. Still, I'm just about to complete Great Sea, with 3 weapons left to get including hers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Which characters generally have the best specials for the kill 150 via special Skulltulas? And in those cases is it advisable to just ignore the element and run with the best specials anyway?

Honestly the biggest hurdle for me is just remembering to use Specials at all and forcing myself to get out of the "Save it for when you really need it" mindset. Mostly I just find a decent sized group of mooks, run through them to get their attention/get them to bunch up, and then pop it off. If you can average 25 KO's per special, then you only need to use 6 of them to get the 150.

• Locked thread