Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vagabundo posted:

I think we'd all do this.

hmm I'd pay someone else to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Slavvy posted:

Opened a herald today for the first time in a really long time, saw this, thought of you guys.

Someone I work with met jk a while ago and keeps going on about how people have got him all wrong and that he is just a regular guy who LikEs beer and watches the rugger and is just like you and me

I don't engage with him at all just let him rant because lol @ Andrew little being pm

Just disengage.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Eeeeh. I find that people who don't challenge them on their lovely views tend to end up being the walls of the echo chamber - call him out on his horse poo poo, mate!

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

So the government has avoided alienating its voter base and got the reserve bank to do its bidding on housing. Ah well, at least it's something?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Can Paddy please just stay in America, he clearly prefers their politics

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

WarpedNaba posted:

Eeeeh. I find that people who don't challenge them on their lovely views tend to end up being the walls of the echo chamber - call him out on his horse poo poo, mate!

They know where I sit on the political spectrum and it is vastly different to the overwhelming majority of the people I work with. Doesn't make them bad people, in fact many I would call my friends and they accept me for who I am as I do with them, despite our mutual disagreements. Sometimes they forget that I am one of those people when they talk to me about how the dam is going to save the region, and that free trade prevents conflict and pushes everyone up etc., and a tough line on crime and justice will fix whatever they think is currently wrong with society. that's when I speak up. Saying that jk is a good bloke isn't really worth my time now, other than for me to counter with that he is actually a dork. I make noise whenever something on the Neo Lib poo poo train fucks up, but with no credible alternative on offer what can one preach?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'unno, the Nordic model's got a lot going for it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

what can one preach?

Legalise

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

with no credible alternative on offer what can one preach?

Hanging all young Nats from lamposts, by the neck, until dead.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/sunday/audio/201808558/the-montreal-olympic-boycott-40-years-on

Nice reminder that John Walker only won gold at the '76 Olympics because of our tacit support for apartheid

also RNZ's new site is real good

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

A few people in NZ had a wee protest about apartheid and sport

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

WarpedNaba posted:

I'unno, the Nordic model's got a lot going for it.

Excuse me the correct and accurate models to refer to regarding the merits(or lack thereof) of leftist thought are Venezuela or Zimbabwe.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

A few people in NZ had a wee protest about apartheid and sport

Quite a few people didn't.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Quite a few in fact stood on the roofs of buildings and chucked bricks at protesters while the police did nothing.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Please stop eroding my illusion that NZ shattered apartheid by a unanimous protest movement. It was around the time we saved the whales by stopping the Americans from nuking the russkies in the pacific atolls.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Quite a few in fact stood on the roofs of buildings and chucked bricks at protesters while the police did nothing.

Those cops received a special commendation and force citation ;)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Varkk posted:

Please stop eroding my illusion that NZ shattered apartheid by a unanimous protest movement. It was around the time we saved the whales by stopping the Americans from nuking the russkies in the pacific atolls.

Well actually of that long list the whales were actually saved. The numbers are still really low but they're increasing, and only because of those hippie protest movements

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

The Rabbi T. White posted:

A few select people actually don't remember how they felt about it at the time

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11679560

Oh poo poo!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The years are already shedding off my life

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

KFC used to deliver in NZ. At least the ones in my part of Auckland did. When did they stop?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

fong posted:

KFC used to deliver in NZ. At least the ones in my part of Auckland did. When did they stop?

Yeah I remember that too but it's probably been about 20 years since that stopped.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when kfc voucher is on you get some incredible calories for your dollar

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We should be ashamed as a species that it's come to this.

Go outside ya fat cunts.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Go outside ya fat cunts.
Let me tell you about Pokemon Go!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

Go outside ya fat cunts.

Yes food delivery a brand new concept

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I hunt all of my meat

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Meat week at pak n save :thumbsup:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah I remember that too but it's probably been about 20 years since that stopped.

Every takeout place delivers if you call up and offer the minimum wage worker answering the phone enough to bring it to you.
If it comes to that you really should take a look at your life and culinary choices.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wandle Cax posted:

Sounds about right. It was a weird time where alot of KFCs and a Pizza Huts was co-located. Delivered pizzas already so why not deliver KFC with the same drivers. I didn't keep up on what happened to that experiment, but I am guessing having to cook two very different menus was a nightmare that couldn't be fixed by throwing minimum wage at it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

That was the dark times of KFC, before the resurgence.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The Pepsi days

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Varkk posted:

Every takeout place delivers if you call up and offer the minimum wage worker answering the phone enough to bring it to you.
If it comes to that you really should take a look at your life and culinary choices.

Yeah i'm comfortable enough in my own skin to eat takeaway food if I feel like it thanks

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Need convenient food? question your life choices pathetic loser

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

You should also question your life choices if you get upset about a joke like that

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
People were seriously and sincerely angry at people who would order KFC takeout, and getting mad about them doesn't make you look like a fatty fat fat at all.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Apparently Murray McCully caught Zika before it was cool. Just goes to show how forward thinking and trailblazing our government is.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

People were seriously and sincerely angry at people who would order KFC takeout, and getting mad about them doesn't make you look like a fatty fat fat at all.

Yeah we're all serious and sincere and upset in this thread.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I just ordered delivery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I just ordered delivery.

IM SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS!!! gently caress YOUUU!!!

• Locked thread