Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiggum posted:

I feel like at this point Faye and Nona are basically friends with Hilary because they like her stuff. She's got the XBox, she's got the garage where they can play their music, her parents let them hang out and do whatever they want. Putting up with Hilary is just the price they're willing to pay for that.

They're just aware that the strip is about the Forths and the minor characters cease to exist if they don't interact with them constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Daily Bugle is a private company in which JJJ has traditionally owned a controlling share, and has served as both Publisher and EiC - only stepping back from the latter for Robbie after being blackmailed into making it public that he personally financed the creation of super-villain The Scorpion as part of his anti-Spider-man campaign. He's lost control of the Bugle a couple of times through hostile takeovers.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aardmania posted:

Heathcliff

I love this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

How is the misogynist, egotistical idiot the only likeable character in the strip?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tiniest MRA

Yep, that sure is how the world works. If you get a gift for a woman, she is obligated to put out. If she doesn't, take the gift back. :stare:

In conclusion:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Why does a restaurant have a bathtub?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh get over yourself already. Based on my own experiences working retail I think it's just the way some people begin the conversation.

Green Intern posted:

Why does a restaurant have a bathtub?
A better question would be why don't all restaurants have bathtubs? :v:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Poil posted:

A better question would be why don't all restaurants have bathtubs? :v:

They'd become a bio-hazard 3 seconds after they were introduced. Hell, 3 seconds before.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

goatface posted:

How is the misogynist, egotistical idiot the only likeable character in the strip?

Because he's the only one allowed to have the flaws that make people real

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Holy crap, I thought I was the only kid who thought that.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Yep, that sure is how the world works. If you get a gift for a woman, she is obligated to put out. If she doesn't, take the gift back. :stare:

Yeah, the Tinkersons is a garbage strip. Not only is the art ugly and lazy as hell, but all the characters are complete assholes, so you have no investment in them.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Odonata posted:

So I'm dropping Big Nate if anyone cares. It committed the ultimate comic sin- it neither made me smile or angered me. It was just meh. In it's place I have one comic picked at random, Foolish Mortals, which so far promises to be awful, and Scary Gary which I've always enjoyed.

I Wish I Were Gary Larson, or, Foolish Mortals

You know, I think this had the potential to be a funny gag if wasn't for the awkward and unnecessary exposition. I'm curious about whether this strip has any chance of improvement.

Good to have Scary Gary back though.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, the Tinkersons is a garbage strip. Not only is the art ugly and lazy as hell, but all the characters are complete assholes, so you have no investment in them.

I'm convinced you could write it by computer. The art is the same level as mezzacotta and you'd just have to give the algorithm better seed texts.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 19, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tunicate posted:

I'm convinced you could write it by computer. The art is the same level as mezzacotta and you'd just have to give the algorithm better seed texts.

I've never heard of this thing before, but that first comic is killing me for some reason. Thank you for this.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County

Loss, Regret And Anxiety (Featuring Good Ol' Charlie Brown) (July 15, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (February 5, 1930)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

EasyEW posted:

Loss, Regret And Anxiety (Featuring Good Ol' Charlie Brown) (July 15, 1969)

This is by far my favorite Peanuts story arc. It really is peak Charlie Brown, with all that implies.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

quote:

Were Mr. True be resurrected a century later, he'd be maiming Pokemon hunters.

quote:

:stare: :dong:

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah. The 300lb. 60+ year old is going to be skipping through the mountains with a toddler, as opposed to prowling Wal-Mart in her Rascal.

I Wish I Were Gary Larson, or, Foolish Mortals apparently only updates on Mondays. Posting from the back catalog to fill the time.

Curse of the Undead! or, Scary Gary

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

Phoebe and her Unicorn, or, Heavenly Nostrils

Descent into Madness, or, Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Best Comic in the Thread, or, Cul de Sac

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nenonen posted:

Were Mr. True be resurrected a century later, he'd be maiming Pokemon hunters.

I like this specific one because it has him just off screen, like some kind of dread shark lingering just outside the edge of vision, gone as quickly as he came with only carnage in his wake.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

One thing I don't want to hear is the ghostly splash of a paddle

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

WickedHate posted:

I like this specific one because it has him just off screen, like some kind of dread shark lingering just outside the edge of vision, gone as quickly as he came with only carnage in his wake.

Just when you thought the world was safe for vacationers...

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kammat posted:

Holy crap, I thought I was the only kid who thought that.

Deep Dark Fears is a part of us all

Six Chix

Nancy

Don't pack so much poo poo, it's only the beach

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Those look like DVDs, that's pretty good for Pluggers. And that's a pretty good score, too.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJolhpz57RI&t=82s

F Minus

Mary Worth

Strap in, people.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

All right. So I have no idea why they were being so secretive about his face.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I hate that this stupid piece of poo poo comic is actually the smallest bit relatable.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Because in my head he's voiced by Patrick Warburton?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Odonata posted:

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley
That seems like a fair price for uniquely identifiable obviously stolen goods if you got the police involved.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

imgur changed their deal again. I think like the new setup so far. I think. I hope I can cope. :ohdear:

goatface posted:

It's because the writers want us to hate him. This is known as the Luann effect.

Luann

Hey, guys! No need to speculate on who owns what in The Amazing Spider-Man

It's like they anticipated us.

Sally Forth

I love this comic.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

imgur changed their deal again. I think like the new setup so far. I think. I hope I can cope. :ohdear:

did they finally fix that bug where images can only get to the front page if they say something anti-black or anti-woman

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
So I was up Kent State campus today playing some Pokemon Go. While I was grabbing a drink in the student center, it occurred to be that it's probably not common knowledge that we have a shrine to Batiuk here.

Like, no joke. It's a loving shrine.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Savidudeosoo posted:

So I was up Kent State campus today playing some Pokemon Go. While I was grabbing a drink in the student center, it occurred to be that it's probably not common knowledge that we have a shrine to Batiuk here.

Certainly nothing else was ever worth memorializing about that school. Nope.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You know what's a good comic that no one's posting lately? Reply All.

OK, maybe "good" was too strong a term. I'm going to keep posting it anyway though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

still better than Tinkersons and Fort Knox

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just want to beat the goon who posts the gocomics massive weirdo who does all the alternate titles for Luann, and tell him not to do it because nobody actually reads them and chances are that some day the FBI will use those posts as evidence when they discover children's body parts in his freezer.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Savidudeosoo posted:

i think the university of missouri has a statue of beetle bailey on campus. at least they did when my brother went there twenty years ago

ah yeah there's a picture here: https://mizzoumag.missouri.edu/2013/02/como-art-in-plain-view/

dismas fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jul 20, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (July 19 and 21, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (March 14-16, 1955)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Savidudeosoo posted:

Man. Tom Batiuk, the Kent State Massacre, Dolph Ziggler... has anything good ever come out of Kent State?

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

• Locked thread