Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Like so are they really playing the "immigrants are bad/steal are jerbs" angle with this or?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/yalondarenee/status/755274925355704320

:drat:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

This isn't the best showing by Eric Andre but it's still funny to see Alex Jones complain about someone talking nonsense at his rally when that's what he's made a career out of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lmzj2RD8CA

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Looks like they're streaming the entire colbert episode at cbs.com, if you're ok with that. It's been worth seeing so far.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/video/

Pretty good RNC party clipshow

Carl Killer Miller fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 19, 2016

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Carl Killer Miller posted:

Looks like they're streaming the entire colbert episode at cbs.com, if you're ok with that. It's been worth seeing so far.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/video/

Pretty good RNC party clipshow

Thank you for this.

I love how much of a poo poo show this RNC is. It won't change too many people's minds in the present but I bet it really turns people off to the party in the long run.

Stephen Colbert bringing back his old persona is a huge bonus.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Will this be anywhere else, like Netflix? The CBS site and my phone do not get along, but that's what I got. Also this is just special for the convention, right, bringing back the old persona?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Will this be anywhere else, like Netflix? The CBS site and my phone do not get along, but that's what I got. Also this is just special for the convention, right, bringing back the old persona?

It's on Colbert's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig?videos

But be warned. One of the videos spoils who the "special guest" is in the title.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Thanks! Is the spoiler a big enough deal to try elsewhere or just try and forward through real fast without looking?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Thanks! Is the spoiler a big enough deal to try elsewhere or just try and forward through real fast without looking?

Try elsewhere maybe, up to you. I appreciated the exact way they did the reveal, but it's not THAT big a deal.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

guys please. the original thought here is you're supposed to treat people with respect but not necessarily dignity

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

this has to have been dictated by Trump, right? it reads exactly like something he'd say

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TLM3101 posted:

RNC 2016: These are crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy whites.

Seriously, what in the gently caress, America?! :stonk:

Decades of bigotry, worship for the rich, and complete denial of reality are coming home to roost while an orange conman takes over.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Why do I get the feeling that the democratic convention is going to the exact opposite of this clusterfuck, but the media will still say both conventions were equally bad?

I mean, this morning on my drive to work NPR went over Melanias speech, and completely waived off the blatant plagiarism. "She might have borrowed parts of the speech from Michelle Obama, but Trump's campaign said she worked with speechwriters."

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

When will pundits drop this horseshit that both sides are equally serious and respectable? Fierce partisan bias is not a bad thing when one side is filled with bigoted idiots.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Well, I suppose we could link you the video in question and you cover up the title if you wish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFVKMTJUos

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

KiteAuraan posted:

When will pundits drop this horseshit that both sides are equally serious and respectable? Fierce partisan bias is not a bad thing when one side is filled with bigoted idiots.

As soon as there stop being enough people on any one side to be pissed about it. Especially ones with large amounts of money. Like it or not, the Republicans have been setting the theme for political discourse for decades. It's just that now they've dropped all pretense and become straight up delusional hate groups.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, I suppose we could link you the video in question and you cover up the title if you wish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFVKMTJUos

I went ahead and tried earlier, said it was unavailable. Im may try CBS again in a bit, maybe have better luck. Thanks, though.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FIRST TIME posted:

I assume you made a mistake and now I'm left wondering which Lonely Island song you meant to post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIpbYyR0OOI

That's the one.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr Interweb posted:

It's on Colbert's youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCMtFAi84ehTSYSE9XoHefig?videos

But be warned. One of the videos spoils who the "special guest" is in the title.

Yeah, cause he totally didn't telegraph where it was going.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Decades of bigotry, worship for the rich, and complete denial of reality are coming home to roost while an orange conman takes over.

Watching the highlight reel of this loving thing is like watching a botched re-creation of 'Triumph of the Will' using melted plastic puppets and none of original's artistic subtlety. Good god this is horrifying.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Interweb posted:

[link to the video was here]
Honestly though that's not even the big thing to be spoiled in my opinion, that would be what happened in the next segment.

So magical.

(Because yeah like everyone else said, you could see the thing in the video you linked coming from pretty far away.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM

Holy poo poo. I know this was posted last page, but you really have to see the videos side by side.

Holy poo poo republicans.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM

Holy poo poo. I know this was posted last page, but you really have to see the videos side by side.

Holy poo poo republicans.
There's a lot more cheering in Michelle's speech than the mail-order bride's one.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh Chris...

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/755406094038478848

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So what are the odds Trump chucks her right around the time she turns 50?

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
God drat America.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a lot more cheering in Michelle's speech than the mail-order bride's one.

There's a tension of "will she make it through the speech"?

Casimir Radon posted:

He's probably in the process of chucking her right now. We just don't know who the new other woman is yet so she's not on the list of convention speakers (Marla Maples is though).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Casimir Radon posted:

There are much better targets for nastiness at this convention than she is. I kinda feel bad for her.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So I've heard Guiliani's speech was, for lack of a better term, the highlight? What was it like?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fulchrum posted:

So I've heard Guiliani's speech was, for lack of a better term, the highlight? What was it like?

Rabid, foaming at the mouth hatred and bigotry. Pretty much what you'd expect from him.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

If he was actually running it would have been a Dean Scream. If Republicans got self-conscious about things like that, that is.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

There are much better targets for nastiness at this convention than she is. I kinda feel bad for her.

Yeah, given how horrible and hateful most of the other speakers were, it's a little weird that Melania is the one who's getting all the media headlines right now.

Then again, I suppose it's easier for the media to look at two paragraphs and go "hey, they're pretty similar" than it is for them to actually call out the anger and hate underpinning the Trump candidacy.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SedanChair posted:

There's a tension of "will she make it through the speech"?

He's probably in the process of chucking her right now. We just don't know who the new other woman is yet so she's not on the list of convention speakers (Marla Maples is though).
Hope Hicks will be Mrs Trump 4.0. Book it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mcmagic posted:

She chose to hitch her wagon with that monster's. If she wants to continue being his prop while he spouts every ugly thought that comes into his little brain than it's perfectly fair for her to catch some flak once in a while. The Republicans pretty much started the trend of attacking wives, and underage kids for that matter.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Short of Trump saying Obama and Hillary are actually the greatest there is nothing that will stop the Trumpsters from supporting him since Trump is just an idol that they hang all their hopes and dreams on regardless of reality. Even that would probably not be enough since they are so sunk in at this point their brains would just not register it.

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, given how horrible and hateful most of the other speakers were, it's a little weird that Melania is the one who's getting all the media headlines right now.

Then again, I suppose it's easier for the media to look at two paragraphs and go "hey, they're pretty similar" than it is for them to actually call out the anger and hate underpinning the Trump candidacy.

Yeah that opening day was THIIIIS close to outright hate rally (if you want to be generous) and King went all in on white supremacy. We're at the point where a party can go all in on outright bigotry and the media at large has been so conditioned to be "unbiased" they will not be called on it. It's only going to get worse and more blatant. The end result isn't going to be good when Trump wins or loses since either is going embolden his fans that are totally beyond rationality at this point. Just look at Brexit and the surge of hate crimes and they won that one.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 19, 2016

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

Almost 100 per cent. I'm trying to figure out whether McEnany is gunning for a cabinet position, or to be Wife #4.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DaveWoo posted:

Also, plagiarism is a new low for the Trump campaign, whereas "Speakers at Trump's convention all bigots, idiots" is pretty much a "dog licks balls" kinda story.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

St. Dogbert posted:

Almost 100 per cent. I'm trying to figure out whether McEnany is gunning for a cabinet position, or to be Wife #4.
I was thinking he'd probably start creeping on some Disney Channel star about to turn 18, but then I remembered that MittBot said he has to outsource his wives because it's a job Americans won't do.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They've been married 18 years, it's his longest marriage, and he's old. She's not going anywhere and if he is going to filander he's going to do it in secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

It's not her fault one of Manifort's evil henchmen can't write a speech without plagiarizing. It really has nothing to do with her and I don't feel the need to attack her for what happened.

• Locked thread