Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Tracer has 150 health

Widow bodyshot was nerfed to 120
Charged bow is 125
Fire strike does 100
Rocket direct hits do 120 for both Pharah and Soldier
Grenade direct hits do 120

You shouldn't be dying in one hit, and she does have an ability that rewinds all damage every 12 seconds. A good tracer is really difficult to kill because you'll land something like a direct hit on her after she blinks past half your projectiles, she rewinds it, and can keep blinking.

mei headshots oneshot tracer from full health

her alt fire does 75 damage, 150 on a headshot

e: also, obviously all of those things you mentioned will kill tracer in one hit while being damage boosted by a mercy (except firestrike)

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rand Brittain posted:

When does Zero Suit D.Va become vulnerable after her mech is disabled? Say, if I'm McCree and I take out the MEKA, when should I throw the flashbang?

After dinner but before the drive home.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Theta Zero posted:

Let's see... Overwatch was released on May 24th, which was 55 days ago on this day, so 376 divided by 55 is...

7 hours of Overwatch daily since release, every single day of the week. That's 49 hours of Overwatch a week which translates literally to clocking in more hours than a full time job.

That's impressive.

It's actually much worse than that, because Overwatch's "time played" stat doesn't count anything but time in a match

time queued/in menus definitely doesn't count, and I'm like 70% sure pre-match prep time doesn't count either

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

So is there a new patch today or what

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Must've botched it then. Probably because D.va was in front so I assume she caught the full blast, hit the guys behind her, and didn't go anywhere while they blew me apart. Ah well, would've been glorious if it worked so I have no regerts.

The range on his boop is really short, you probably didn't hit the guys behind her.

Manatee Cannon posted:

mei headshots oneshot tracer from full health

her alt fire does 75 damage, 150 on a headshot

e: also, obviously all of those things you mentioned will kill tracer in one hit while being damage boosted by a mercy (except firestrike)

If Mei manages to headshot a Tracer with her M2, she earned that kill. And if someone is being damage boosted by a Mercy, that means you're getting hit by two characters worth of damage (more like one and a half characters worth, really, but Mercy still takes up a full slot).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So there's a bunch of stuff in the voice lines that have been datamined that suggests one upcoming map is probably going to be Reinhardt's home turf of Stuttgart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY1E_IkVL2A

Sounds cool. A german castle type deal?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Ddraig posted:

So there's a bunch of stuff in the voice lines that have been datamined that suggests one upcoming map is probably going to be Reinhardt's home turf of Stuttgart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY1E_IkVL2A

Sounds cool. A german castle type deal?

I'm absolutely down for a castle map.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've been experimenting with dual support in comp games and have fallen in love with Mercy + Lucio + 76 + Reinhart + Pharah + ____________. The blank being filled by Reaper, Junkrat, Roadhog, or Zarya.

Teaming up with Lucio let's Mercy use her damage beam more often and it rules.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

I've been experimenting with dual support in comp games and have fallen in love with Mercy + Lucio + 76 + Reinhart + Pharah + ____________. The blank being filled by Reaper, Junkrat, Roadhog, or Zarya.

Teaming up with Lucio let's Mercy use her damage beam more often and it rules.

congrats you're using the standard competitive payload map core :v:

I mean, it's core for a reason

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

redweird posted:

D.Va's mech takes damage when you are climbing in. D.Va herself takes damage if you shoot her while she is getting into the mech. To avoid this, use your mech calldown to kill the player you are fighting.

Ooh, Meka's calldown does damage? Tell me more

(also general D.va play advice please :dva:)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Count Bleck posted:

I'm absolutely down for a castle map.

I hope it's King of the Hill, both for variety's sake within that mode and so I can play King of the Hill more often.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Zoness posted:

congrats you're using the standard competitive payload map core :v:

I mean, it's core for a reason

Welp! I should be a grand master strategist I suppose. I'll put my two weeks in at my job and apply to Blizzard Entertainment.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope it's attack/defend and nothing but chokepoints

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I hope we get visual flair for holidays. Halloween is awesome no matter your age, and Roadhog could use a pumpkin skin.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Low effort halloween mode: Weekly Brawl of all Reaper all the time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Okay a specific question: What should I be doing as d.va when my mecha gets destroyed, assuming I'm not immediately killed by whatever got the mech?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So in the updated patch notes on Overpwn, they crossed out hte Mercy buff beam damage increase (30 to 50). What does crossing it out mean? Did they remove the buff from the PTR patch? The dev commentary still says it was buffed.

SirPhoebos posted:

Okay a specific question: What should I be doing as d.va when my mecha gets destroyed, assuming I'm not immediately killed by whatever got the mech?

Poke damage is my guess. Unless you are godlike and you can just be fully aggro.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

blasting the poo poo out of people with your awesome pistol

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

Jumping around like a lunatic, trying not to die, and filling the air with your laser bullets killing everyone until your mech comes back. Her pistol is pretty good.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

SirPhoebos posted:

Run and jump around like crazy and poke poke poke. Your pistol is surprisingly good. The ult for mech recall also fills up pretty fast.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

So in the updated patch notes on Overpwn, they crossed out hte Mercy buff beam damage increase (30 to 50). What does crossing it out mean? Did they remove the buff from the PTR patch? The dev commentary still says it was buffed.

Poke damage is my guess. Unless you are godlike and you can just be fully aggro.
It was put back down to 30%.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

It was removed from the PTR, yes. People figured out that a boosted McCree headshot (at +50%) would deal 210 damage, which is rather critically unfun to go up against.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
D.VAs pistol is hilariously good. If you have a Reinhardt in your team fall back behind his shield and just blast the everliving poo poo of the other team until you can jump back into your meka.
If you can't, just fall back and poke people from range to get charge, if you can find a sightline you can be annoying as hell.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I want to get better as Genji but there seems to be an instalock one on every team.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Junkrat's tire, Tjorborn's turret, airborne Pharas, Bastion

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dugong posted:

I want to get better as Genji but there seems to be an instalock one on every team.

PTR is the best place to practice heroes. Nobody gives a poo poo.

Efexeye posted:

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Junkrat's tire, Tjorborn's turret, airborne Pharas, Bastion

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Everything

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Andrast posted:

things I feel compelled to plink at as Mercy: Everything

I meant like, I will actively stop healing/boosting to shoot at those things almost every time, it's Pavlovian, especially that goddamn tire

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Andrast posted:

This. The only time I've seen someone complain about comp in PTR they were immediately told to gently caress off by everyone else on the team.

Efexeye posted:

I stopped healing a Reinhardt yesterday to plink a Torb turret he couldn't reach and he immediately went "thanks". :kimchi:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Hmm ok.

I hope a mode comes out that is exactly the same but with no snipers.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

D.Va protip: punch people when you ram them with your jets.

When you're on foot just try to get behind your team and plink at people. The pistol has no dropoff (I think?) so you're actually really good for firing down long open areas to plink people / kill turrets or bastions. Hanamura B and Anubis B for instance. Sometimes jumping right back in your mech the moment you can is actually a mistake. If you're safe behind a rein shield and landing hits with your pistol feel free to wait on the mech until your team is pushing in together.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Efexeye posted:

I meant like, I will actively stop healing/boosting to shoot at those things almost every time, it's Pavlovian, especially that goddamn tire

I've been playing so much Ana that I went Zenyatta for a round yesterday night, saw an injured teammate, and spun around to whack them with a few orbs before realizing what a goofus I am.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

So when will the patch be live today?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Efexeye posted:

i wish more people would shoot junkrat's tire, as anyone

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i played a game last night where after i blew up two junkrat tires by just old school Doom corridor backing up as Mercy, he went serpentine with the next two

i wish zarya's beam was a little better against the tire

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

flashman posted:

So when will the patch be live today?

IF it comes out today, probably this evening as they seem to like doing things at like 6pm central for some reason.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Efexeye posted:

i played a game last night where after i blew up two junkrat tires by just old school Doom corridor backing up as Mercy, he went serpentine with the next two

i wish zarya's beam was a little better against the tire

I've become depressingly good at sniping Junkrat Tires with Firestrike, because that's the only way Reinhardt gets out of the blast radius.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

IF it comes out today, probably this evening as they seem to like doing things at like 6pm central for some reason.

i like to think that blizz does what I do- delay all my outgoing emails to send until 5 minutes before i quit working so i dont have to deal with them until the next day

they push patches and then hit the basketball courts out back

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Efexeye posted:

i like to think that blizz does what I do- delay all my outgoing emails to send until 5 minutes before i quit working so i dont have to deal with them until the next day

they push patches and then hit the basketball courts out back

It's weird cause it's only for overwatch, all their other games update at like 3am PST.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thanks for the advice. Are there any hard counters to d.va that I should just stay the gently caress away from? (whether in mech or out of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Thanks for the advice. Are there any hard counters to d.va that I should just stay the gently caress away from? (whether in mech or out of it)

she's gonna change a lot in the next day or so, so any advice you'd get would be coming from people playing on the PTR