Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

slavatuvs posted:

you think people lurk dadchat?

sometimes you have nothing to contribute to a topic so you just have to wait for it to change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

as we all know the Turkish military is lead by an affable TV pop scientist who gives inspiring speeches about stars and planets

recep degrasse tyson

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Lunch at work is 10:30-13:00 so everyone gets to go. What's special about 10:45? (Assuming you didn't mean 1045ad)

I'm not going to make it to dinner

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

recep tayip carlsagan

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it was when i was in the army. this is the kind of poo poo your life is immersed in when you're in the military

http://www.break.com/video/angry-guy-kills-his-own-computer-692659

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I like how the pro-coup crowd in the me thread tactfully ignore mentioning how pretty much every coup in Turkey since the 60's was equally as much about suppressing Islamic "reactionaries" (as they called them as) as they where about killing communists

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Soup du Jour posted:

sometimes you have nothing to contribute to a topic so you just have to wait for it to change

This is me when comic chat comes up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

I'm not going to make it to dinner

Oh yeah you definitely need a snack before dinner. I always forget that and when I get home I eat everything in the house because I'm so hungry but also because I'm a greedy bastard.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kustomkarkommando posted:

I like how the pro-coup crowd in the me thread tactfully ignore mentioning how pretty much every coup in Turkey since the 60's was equally as much about suppressing Islamic "reactionaries" (as they called them as) as they where about killing communists

yo do you reckon gulen actually had anything to do with this? it seems like a massive break with his usual MO

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
so im spending all my free time at work today writing an alt hist timeline centered around one crucial point of departure: what if lincoln was a wizard and lived

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its day 1 of the rnc and cspan callers and i already wish for hellfire to purge this loving country

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its day 1 of the rnc and cspan callers and i already wish for hellfire to purge this loving country

dont blow your rage load this early, rask

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nutranurse posted:

so im spending all my free time at work today writing an alt hist timeline centered around one crucial point of departure: what if lincoln was a wizard and lived

well the wizard part is a giant question mark but normal lincoln would have hosed up reconstruction

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

yo do you reckon gulen actually had anything to do with this? it seems like a massive break with his usual MO

highly highly doubt it because the US government would have known about it then and either shut it down or make sure it wasn't so badly planned

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

As if every waiting station and airport isn't playing cable news 24/7

I will be in Italy and barely speak italian. I am banking on just not hearing English for a while to de stress myself. I really hope every English speaking Motherfucker doesn't start asking me about WTF is up with trump though I may just lose my poo poo.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

well the wizard part is a giant question mark but normal lincoln would have hosed up reconstruction

i dont think he would've hosed it up any more than it already was. at the v least i think the freedmen bureau wouldve been more successful

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Kristov posted:

I will be in Italy and barely speak italian. I am banking on just not hearing English for a while to de stress myself. I really hope every English speaking Motherfucker doesn't start asking me about WTF is up with trump though I may just lose my poo poo.

my man italy was ruled by berlusconi for years they know exactly what is up with trump

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

Isn't this basically Vampire Hunter?

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
lincoln wizard has to wear a pointy wizard hat in the colors of a stovepipe hat

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Jagchosis posted:

my man italy was ruled by berlusconi for years they know exactly what is up with trump

Fair point. That's some relief.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nutranurse posted:

i dont think he would've hosed it up any more than it already was. at the v least i think the freedmen bureau wouldve been more successful

eh johnson at least required returning states to accept the 13th amendment. granted its ratification didn't wrap up until after lincoln died

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

Isn't this basically Vampire Hunter?

well the read PoD is that magic was discovered to be a real thing and, shadowrun style, crazy poo poo is going on out west b/c of it

lincoln just happened to be an awesome wizard on the dl

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

Unlikely but not impossible that some Hizmet folks could have been brought in on the plot, they had surpassed the military as Erdogans enemy no 1 and they are well placed within the civil service (thanks to the movements emphasis on university education) to be key enough in keeping things running in the event of a success - could have been more of a "listen were not going to support you in this but if it happens weren't not going to resign en mass" kind of thing

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

nutranurse posted:

well the read PoD is that magic was discovered to be a real thing and, shadowrun style, crazy poo poo is going on out west b/c of it

lincoln just happened to be an awesome wizard on the dl

Suspendus habeas corpous!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

nutranurse posted:

is the wizardry how he survived or just incidental?

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Suspendus habeas corpous corp-por!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

thats a deep cut, my man

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

is the wizardry how he survived or just incidental?

how he survived, obvi. i imagine he went all neo on a bewildered boothe

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i think i found volkerball's youtube account
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sFr56AJQzI

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

nutranurse posted:

how he survived, obvi. i imagine he went all neo on a bewildered boothe

why wasn't he using his wizard powers to win the war

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

"the president who lived"

abraham lincoln and the klu klux klan

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why wasn't he using his wizard powers to win the war

nutranurse posted:

wizard on the dl

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i met a military guy a couple days ago and he said all modern art was trash

maybe the military makes you hate any art that isn't just a painting of a person

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kalstrams posted:

liked and subscribed

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

nutranurse posted:

"the president who lived"

abraham lincoln and the klu klux klan

lincoln uses his wizard powers to melt stone mountain

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kalstrams posted:

he's like "you know where women belong as well as i do," and i was waiting for there to be a punchline to make it not horribly sexist, but. it never came. the music stopped and it never came.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

mandatory lesbian posted:

maybe the military makes you hate any art that isn't just a painting of a person

I thought it was funny when Parris Island and MCAS made the announcement that they were banning Brokeback Mountain from playing in theaters on base.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mandatory lesbian posted:

art in general is p dumb. but at least straightforward poo poo i can appreciate whether the artist is a good drawer or not. when it's super abstract to the point that it's not impossible for a baby to recreate the same painting, i don't even know what i'm looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

quote:

That guy is uh not a natural puncher.
:goonsay:

• Locked thread