Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

iNteg posted:

You'll probably get a lot of XP for that poo poo just camping key mobs for VT would be my guess, but people were saying the XP rates for AA grinding won't be accelerated at all so it could suck some serious assholes

Well, when you are farming these as a guild (you're doing that... right?) you ae the gently caress out of stuff like crazy when and where you can, XP won't be super awesome, but it won't be dumpster either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?
So are we doing a goon thing on Quarm, or just flocking to a guild?

I'm not some super hardcore raider or anything I just want some goon pals.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
What's the gimmick for Quarm? Did EQ really need another prog server?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

suuma posted:

No but it sure makes DBG more money for little effort!

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico

suuma posted:

It's probably testing for Luclin/PoP/GoD/OoW for the actual progression servers

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

suuma posted:

The gimmick is if you log in on Quarm you get a /claim reward for a 50% exp boost potion to use on Phinny.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I was always more of a UO guy, but I think it's time to finally play this game. Made a Wood Elf ranger on Luclin - Frollick is my name.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

DrKrankenwagen posted:

I was always more of a UO guy, but I think it's time to finally play this game. Made a Wood Elf ranger on Luclin - Frollick is my name.

UO is a much better game, I say that having wasted way too many thousands of hours on both.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there a Goon guild on Phinigel?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Jebediah posted:

Is there a Goon guild on Phinigel?

negatory, though there's a few goons around in a few of the guilds.

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe
Probably going to end up playing EQ again on Phinigel. I know they have all sorts of modern, quality-of-life stuff on the server, but what about con? If I make an Iksar, am I going to be as pariah status with NPCs as they used to be?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So how do Claim Rewards work on Phinny? Since they're greyed out, I am assuming they aren't available because the progression hasn't reached a certain point. Is that the case?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Yes to both above posts, but the pariah thing only for classic and kunark zones.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Jebediah posted:

So how do Claim Rewards work on Phinny? Since they're greyed out, I am assuming they aren't available because the progression hasn't reached a certain point. Is that the case?

Yes and no. You can purchase and claim XP pots and DB potions, and there's a 32 dollar TLP pack you can buy.

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe
I'm still torn on class. I played shaman until OoW, so that's a no. Guess I'm leaning towards necromancer if I can't find people to play with or enchanter so I don't need to find people to play with, since they will find me. I can feel my card burning in my wallet. Tried the tutorial mines out on my old server and I've got the itch.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I'm in the progress of making a guy on the progression server Phinigel, if you want someone to play with.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Joined an AoW pug on Phinny yesterday, haha. I guess Quarm is keeping some of the top tier guilds busy.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Joined an AoW pug on Phinny yesterday, haha. I guess Quarm is keeping some of the top tier guilds busy.

How did it work out? that sounds like fun.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
He definitely leveled up a few times, but we had enough tanks, clerics fast with the click stick, etc to push through. By the time we engaged AoW the raid was full with 72 people. Dropped 2 of those badass rings and a bow. The few BDA people that were there didn't win anything.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

He definitely leveled up a few times, but we had enough tanks, clerics fast with the click stick, etc to push through. By the time we engaged AoW the raid was full with 72 people. Dropped 2 of those badass rings and a bow. The few BDA people that were there didn't win anything.

That's a bummer. The bow is super badass.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

I'd like to get back into the game as an after work time-waster, and I'm hoping they can recover my old account. I haven't played since 2003ish, and I no longer have access to the email address associated with the account. I sent Daybreak a support request listing the characters I remember and their approximate levels and server (My characters were on Tallon Zek, assuming they moved to the combined Zek server years ago).

Has anyone had any luck recovering an account like this? It would be great to gently caress around on my old characters.

UPDATE: After answering a few questions from the support staff, they got me set up! Now to decide if I want to move my characters off of Zek...

Naylenas fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 19, 2016

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe

Naylenas posted:

I'd like to get back into the game as an after work time-waster, and I'm hoping they can recover my old account. I haven't played since 2003ish, and I no longer have access to the email address associated with the account. I sent Daybreak a support request listing the characters I remember and their approximate levels and server (My characters were on Tallon Zek, assuming they moved to the combined Zek server years ago).

Has anyone had any luck recovering an account like this? It would be great to gently caress around on my old characters.

UPDATE: After answering a few questions from the support staff, they got me set up! Now to decide if I want to move my characters off of Zek...

I just came back and peeked at my characters, who are also on Zek. It seems like a ghost town. I think that your best bet would be either to pay for Phinigel or find the most populated server to start new / transfer.

Edit: Finally jumped on Phin. Gnome Enchanter named Thripp. It seems like I don't remember jack. I'm just going to kill tiny stuff in GFay until I get my bearings, I guess.

MrsPooky fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jul 19, 2016

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
#1 rule of Phinny: group up. Even in the newbie yards, just invite whoever.

From what I can tell, all live servers are pretty dead. There's raid guilds on them, but most people just log on to do raids, then camp. When the level cap is raised, they might group together some, but most people just box army their way to the cap "solo". So staying on an old server without friends is basically pointless if you don't like boxing. Some people might let you join their box crew, but you'll just sit there while they do they stuff. Not exactly engaging.

That's one of the two big appeals of Phinny - it has true box code, meaning if you want to box, you need a second PC (the other is instanced raiding even for old raids). There's probably some shenanigans around it, but you open yourself up to banning/suspension if you get caught.

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe
The people I've been running into are all anonymous / roleplay enabled. General chat has been fun, some strolls down nostalgia lane. Mind keeps flicking to possibly going cleric so I'll always be doing something.

Should we set up some sort of not-guild-specific VoIP server? I'm all about hitting this hard, but not by myself.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

MrsPooky posted:

The people I've been running into are all anonymous / roleplay enabled. General chat has been fun, some strolls down nostalgia lane. Mind keeps flicking to possibly going cleric so I'll always be doing something.

Should we set up some sort of not-guild-specific VoIP server? I'm all about hitting this hard, but not by myself.

You could use the goon discord server, it's pretty good, I'm at work or i'd link it. The only issue with it is that it runs out of the EU, so if there are network issues going from east coast -> EU, you will get dropped a bunch, but 95% of the time it's rock solid and if you're running into issues generally it's your own problem such as instability of your own connection. Discord seems to be slightly more sensitive to inconsistent connections than say vent/mumble, I swapped to using powerline adapters to save myself from running a 100' cable through some walls, my connection works fine for playing MMOs and FPSs, but I get dropped hard from discord every 20-30 seconds.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MF_James posted:

You could use the goon discord server, it's pretty good, I'm at work or i'd link it. The only issue with it is that it runs out of the EU, so if there are network issues going from east coast -> EU, you will get dropped a bunch, but 95% of the time it's rock solid and if you're running into issues generally it's your own problem such as instability of your own connection. Discord seems to be slightly more sensitive to inconsistent connections than say vent/mumble, I swapped to using powerline adapters to save myself from running a 100' cable through some walls, my connection works fine for playing MMOs and FPSs, but I get dropped hard from discord every 20-30 seconds.

Discord servers are free, and really easy to create. Just make an east coast or central one for your froglok grinding chats.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
If any of you Phinny goons are looking for a PST raiding guild, we're recruiting. West coast is the best coast!

http://www.broken-wave.org

We raid Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 8-12. Our website is out of date, but we're in the process of reclaiming it from the former guild leader who quit.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Heh, we have at least 3 guilds with some goons in it now on Phinny (me and some others being in BDA, we raid on a CT/ET schedule), and EoE.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
I'm in AoS :/

Apze
Jul 4, 2014
I'm still playing, currently in Entendre. Pretty decent group.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"

joem83 posted:

If any of you Phinny goons are looking for a PST raiding guild, we're recruiting. West coast is the best coast!

http://www.broken-wave.org

We raid Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 8-12. Our website is out of date, but we're in the process of reclaiming it from the former guild leader who quit.

Who are you in game?

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Beach Party posted:

Who are you in game?

I'm Hisstopher. Yeah it seems like there are a bunch of solid guilds out there, just not many that raid on PST hours.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

joem83 posted:

I'm Hisstopher. Yeah it seems like there are a bunch of solid guilds out there, just not many that raid on PST hours.

EQ is oddly east-coast centric. PST players mostly have to be able to deal with EST raid times. For live servers, raids starting at 4:30 pst is really the best you can hope for. Or dealing with complete poo poo tier guilds that start at 8pm pst.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

jetz0r posted:

EQ is oddly east-coast centric. PST players mostly have to be able to deal with EST raid times. For live servers, raids starting at 4:30 pst is really the best you can hope for. Or dealing with complete poo poo tier guilds that start at 8pm pst.

Simply because east coast best coast.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Omm killed on quarm, my claim shot bugged so waiting for them to fix it now

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
BDA finally killed Tunare last night (grats me on bard weapon), Velious beaten!

Well, except for the triplet dragons in NTOV because of time issues and Vyemm (only tried once, skipping him this week, trying to find time to work on him, but not willing to risk not getting Vulak).

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

BDA finally killed Tunare last night (grats me on bard weapon), Velious beaten!

Well, except for the triplet dragons in NTOV because of time issues and Vyemm (only tried once, skipping him this week, trying to find time to work on him, but not willing to risk not getting Vulak).

Still doesn't suck as much as Nev. grats on your weapon; can list your Acct now and get out while you still can. Haha

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Nev is easy just annoying as piss. Granted, we only did her once, and our first time we tried to dodge. I don't think we'll be doing that again this week. In general we're finally switching from dodging to "stay in, go out for heals as needed" as much as we can.

Not every fight allows that, but even some of the tougher AEs, it's much faster to soak up 3-4 rounds of AE if you can do so and not get low health aggro, then step out long enough to get a few heals, then back in. Much quicker than dodging.

We'll see how Lady Nev goes tonight. Snore.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Nev is easy just annoying as piss. Granted, we only did her once, and our first time we tried to dodge. I don't think we'll be doing that again this week. In general we're finally switching from dodging to "stay in, go out for heals as needed" as much as we can.

Not every fight allows that, but even some of the tougher AEs, it's much faster to soak up 3-4 rounds of AE if you can do so and not get low health aggro, then step out long enough to get a few heals, then back in. Much quicker than dodging.

We'll see how Lady Nev goes tonight. Snore.

Sucked last night. Cloak dropped. But because a cloak dropped Vulak dropped poo poo loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

iNteg posted:

Sucked last night. Cloak dropped. But because a cloak dropped Vulak dropped poo poo loot.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the cloak.