Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Longhorns still suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I have recently noticed a far greater opinion among conservative Texans that UT Austin is a liberal brain washing institution, and that good conservative children go to A&M, Baylor, etc. More likely than not it's just a smoke screen for not admitting that their kids didn't get in to UT.

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Aggies suck, Horns suck, Arlen sucks and Wichita Falls rules, Go Sooners!

Oh wait, KotH reference. I was wondering for a moment how anyone could think that Wichita Falls was anything other than a desolate hellhole full of old people and one good restaurant.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Optimus Subprime posted:

I have recently noticed a far greater opinion among conservative Texans that UT Austin is a liberal brain washing institution, and that good conservative children go to A&M, Baylor, etc. More likely than not it's just a smoke screen for not admitting that their kids didn't get in to UT.

As someone who grew up in BCS, Aggie hatred for UT and Austin are real as gently caress.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

As someone who grew up in BCS, Aggie hatred for UT and Austin are real as gently caress.

It amuses me how the rivalry mostly manifests as ridicule in one direction and a massive inferiority complex in the other.

I mean, you never see UT alumni driving trucks (and it's almost always a truck) poo poo-talking A&M, but those "Saw 'em Off" stickers are pretty common.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It amuses me how the rivalry mostly manifests as ridicule in one direction and a massive inferiority complex in the other.

I mean, you never see UT alumni driving trucks (and it's almost always a truck) poo poo-talking A&M, but those "Saw 'em Off" stickers are pretty common.

Oh yeah it's a total little brother thing, most UT people consider the real rivalry to be with OU.

A&M is all they got over there, Austin has other stuff. My folks used to belong to RC Slocum's country club so I'd see him driving his maroon tricked out caddy with two A&M window flags as he parked between two maroon colored parking lines, because everything in BCS is maroon.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

And UT doesn't have wheel barrels filled with horseshit labeled "UMAT" that they bring to parades.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

And UT doesn't have wheel barrels filled with horseshit labeled "UMAT" that they bring to parades.

Lay off the graduate assistants, drat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Oh wait, KotH reference. I was wondering for a moment how anyone could think that Wichita Falls was anything other than a desolate hellhole full of old people and one good restaurant.

And you thought Arlen, Texas was a real place?

TheMaskedChemist
Mar 30, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

And you thought Arlen, Texas was a real place?

Didn't see Arlen the first time I read it through. It's what made me realize the reference.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

For real though I would drive a burnt orange car if they made those.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If UT and A&M never play again I'm cool with that because the last memory they have is losing to the derpiest Texas QB in history, Case McCoy.

In other news, I guess Abbott wants legislation to make anything against law enforcement a hate crime and to start spoon-feeding literal propaganda to kids about the importance of law and order.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

For real though I would drive a burnt orange car if they made those.

They make tons of them!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

go3 posted:

If UT and A&M never play again I'm cool with that because the last memory they have is losing to the derpiest Texas QB in history, Case McCoy.

In other news, I guess Abbott wants legislation to make anything against law enforcement a hate crime and to start spoon-feeding literal propaganda to kids about the importance of law and order.

I'm imagining at some point people who are arrested will get additional charges of violating an officers right to sit on their rear end and eat donuts.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

I'm imagining at some point people who are arrested will get additional charges of violating an officers right to sit on their rear end and eat donuts.

On the radio yesterday they had some police union guy and he said he wanted to make resisting arrest a hate crime.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Iunno, man. I get that you grew up here and all, but I've never gotten the impression that it's more than a small number of people being very vocal about it because they don't have much else going on. The vast majority of people don't give it much thought.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Badger of Basra posted:

On the radio yesterday they had some police union guy and he said he wanted to make resisting arrest a hate crime.

Some Houston area judge yesterday said he would strongly fight against reduced sentences or pleas that featured resisiting arrest on up.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

A&M is all they got over there, Austin has other stuff.

It's getting better. :saddowns:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

Iunno, man. I get that you grew up here and all, but I've never gotten the impression that it's more than a small number of people being very vocal about it because they don't have much else going on. The vast majority of people don't give it much thought.

A kid at school tried to fight me for giving him poo poo over an Aggie loss. We were 13.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Whataburger in College Station has maroon stripes. Gig 'em.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zoux posted:

Where are Aggies right now on the rivalry now that yall are in the SEC? Does anyone give a poo poo? Who's varsity team is getting it's horns sawed off now

We would probably be satisfied with a 3 win season if it meant getting the rivalry back.

(And it wouldn't even have to be a victory that year either )

Honestly none of the conference games (other than Arkansas and maybe LSU) really feel like rivalries anymore, which sucks. I wish we had a thing like Clemson and SCAR have.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

TheMaskedChemist posted:

Name the good restaurant. I dare you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Name the good restaurant. I dare you.

I wanted to say Dairy Queen but it's in Wichita Falls so...

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

For whom? The police officer who arrest someone with the only charge being, resisting arrest, or for the person getting arrested?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Back Hack posted:

For whom? The police officer who arrest someone with the only charge being, resisting arrest, or for the person getting arrested?

Cops write really bad legislation.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

The Mandingo posted:

Whataburger in College Station has maroon stripes. Gig 'em.

yeah but no hooters

or strip club any more

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah but that strip club sucked. And they were evading state taxes, so gently caress 'em.

zoux posted:

A kid at school tried to fight me for giving him poo poo over an Aggie loss. We were 13.

That's a pretty lovely reason to try to fight someone, but kids are dumb so I'm still going to write that one off.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/755483573403078656

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Yeah but that strip club sucked. And they were evading state taxes, so gently caress 'em.

That's a pretty lovely reason to try to fight someone, but kids are dumb so I'm still going to write that one off.

How dare you besmirch the dirty sock. It was the first place I ever made it rain.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Silk Stockings? Was that the name of it or is that an Austin one.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, the Silk Stocking, but no one ever called it that. It was always

BiohazrD posted:

... the dirty sock.

and I'm pretty sure I saw a dwarf stripper there once. Like, not full on, but she definitely had a mild case of dwarfism.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I saw Chris Farley reincarnated as a woman dancing there shortly after his death.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dan Goeb of Maryland, everyone

It's true you show the guy a TV camera and he's gone, out the door.

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 19, 2016

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Still waiting on the name of that one good restaurant in Wichita Falls.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Been there once. There was a subway in the Walmart. Maybe that's it?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Dan Goeb of Maryland, everyone

what in the goddamn gently caress

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BiohazrD posted:

yeah but no hooters

or strip club any more

Or Waffle House. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

what in the goddamn gently caress

There's a saying, "All hat and no cattle"...

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Still waiting on the name of that one good restaurant in Wichita Falls.

I spent ten years there, they must have built it after I left.

The Mandingo posted:

Been there once. There was a subway in the Walmart. Maybe that's it?

Which Walmart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
287 and I44. Stopped there on the drive from Dallas to Palo Duro last fall.