Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Carson expected to actually make a super enthusiastic Trump speech? Have previous conventions had a speaker trash the candidate or ignore him for a vaguely pro party speech?
No way Carson trashes Trump. He wants to be Surgeon General.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM

Holy poo poo. I know this was posted last page, but you really have to see the videos side by side.

Holy poo poo republicans.

Also neat to see the contrast in fake/real emotions between a stage prop wife putting on fake smiles and Michelle Obama beaming with genuine pride.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

No way Carson trashes Trump. He wants to be Surgeon General.

Maybe trash is too strong but Carson is pretty erratic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Carson expected to actually make a super enthusiastic Trump speech? Have previous conventions had a speaker trash the candidate or ignore him for a vaguely pro party speech?

I don't think there is anything that Ben Carson can muster up the emotion "enthusiasm" about.

Spacedad posted:

Also neat to see the contrast in fake/real emotions between a stage prop wife putting on fake smiles and Michelle Obama beaming with genuine pride.

This just seems nasty.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Spacedad posted:

Come on man, everyone knows it's hard to emote through all that plastic surgery.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

So, maybe Barack was watching Platoon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTyJ3QruoaM&t=82s

I mean, saying there is a difference between ideals and reality isn't exactly a novel concept.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

b0ng posted:

I thought Lewadonski was still getting paid by trump or had a non disparaging agreement in place. I guess that doesn't cover anybody else?

Yes, he's still paid severance by the Trump campaign, my understaning is that this is necessary to enforce the NDA that Lewendowski signed

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/13/corey_lewandowski_getting_paid_by_both_donald_trump_and_cnn.html

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Afternoon ladies and gents. Twitch stream is a go: https://www.twitch.tv/gopconvention it's currently playing some Evanescence and chat is as magical as you would imagine. After yesterday America is now safe and today we all get jobs. So pull up a chair, grab several drinks, and prepare for the Trumpmagedon. I do not believe speakers are due on stage until 5:30 EST, but if yesterday is anything to go by WHO KNOWS :getin:

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Is Cruz speaking today? If so, is it before or after the actual nomination and vote for D-Trizzle?

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 19, 2016

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

What are the chances of the never trump folk all catching the blue flu right before the vote? If he doesn't get 1248 on the first ballot because not enough votes show up....

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Afternoon ladies and gents. Twitch stream is a go: https://www.twitch.tv/gopconvention it's currently playing some Evanescence and chat is as magical as you would imagine. After yesterday America is now safe and today we all get jobs. So pull up a chair, grab several drinks, and prepare for the Trumpmagedon. I do not believe speakers are due on stage until 5:30 EST, but if yesterday is anything to go by WHO KNOWS :getin:

Is it all just goons in the chat?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

SquadronROE posted:

Is it all just goons in the chat?

It may as well be by the looks of it.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is Cruz speaking today? If so, is it before or after the actual nomination and vote for D-Trizzle?

Tuesday: Make America Work Again

Prime-Time Speakers
Please note: The speakers below are part of the prime-time program, which will follow Tuesday’s Nomination Process.

Sharon Day, Co-Chair of the Republican National Committee
Dana White, President, UFC
Governor Asa Hutchison, Governor of Arkansas
Leslie Rutledge, Arkansas Attorney General
Michael B, Mukasey, Former Attorney General
Andy Wist, Businessman
U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin)
Chris Cox, Executive Director of NRA Institute for Legislative Action
Natalie Gulbis, Golfer, LPGA
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky)
U.S. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (WI-1)
U.S. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (CA-23)
Governor Chris Christie, Governor of New Jersey
Tiffany Trump, Daughter of Donald Trump
Kerry Woolard, General Manager, Trump Winery
Donald Trump, Jr., Son of Donald Trump and EVP, The Trump Organization
U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-West Virginia)
Dr. Ben Carson, Neurosurgeon
Kimberlin Brown, Actor

Teddy 'Zodiak Killer' ' Cruise' Cruz and Marco 'lil' Rubio are tomorrow :(
http://convention.gop/post/147558746375/2016-gop-convention-program-announced

Crack Hitler
Jul 19, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Come on man, everyone knows it's hard to emote through all that plastic surgery.

Yeah, exactly. Quite literally a "fake smile".

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Teddy 'Zodiak Killer' ' Cruise' Cruz and Marco 'lil' Rubio are tomorrow :(

Having Ted and 'lil Marc up there giving pro-Trump speeches is the modern day equivalent of putting people in stocks and throwing rotten vegetables at them. I can already taste the humiliation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Between Dana White and Chris Christie, Trump JR and Carson, there's gonna be some awkward speeches tonight for sure.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I personally can not wait to see how a golfer and the NRA guy are going to help America get to work again.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope Rubio pays it forward from Christie

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I personally can not wait to see how a golfer and the NRA guy are going to help America get to work again.

Dunno about the former, but the latter is easy: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Target

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

Having Ted and 'lil Marc up there giving pro-Trump speeches is the modern day equivalent of putting people in stocks and throwing rotten vegetables at them. I can already taste the humiliation.
What are the betting odds that they never actually endorse Trump, just spew a lot of crap about God, Obama, and anti-SSM/trans rights stuff?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SubponticatePoster posted:

What are the betting odds that they never actually endorse Trump, just spew a lot of crap about God, Obama, and anti-SSM/trans rights stuff?

Cruz spitefully denouncing Trump on stage would, well, do nothing to defuse my absolute contempt for every fiber of his being, but it'd still be really really funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SubponticatePoster posted:

What are the betting odds that they never actually endorse Trump, just spew a lot of crap about God, Obama, and anti-SSM/trans rights stuff? HILLARY

The entire GOP platform at this point is "not Hillary"

Course the Dem platform is "not Trump"

What a time to be alive.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
it's incredible that the dancing will not be the most shameful thing at the convention this evening

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

The flag has gold fringe. This is a farce!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This guy's singing is one step above Roseanne's

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Huh....this is somewhat unexpected.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

These people must be so confused.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
What the gently caress :psyboom:

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

First an Admiralty court flag and now a terrorist offering a prayer?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I wonder how many people in that room are seriously concerned they just got muslimed

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I'm wondering what the gently caress the crowd is thinking about this probablymuslim giving a heathen prayer.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Zaphod42 posted:

The entire GOP platform at this point is "not Hillary"

Course the Dem platform is "not Drumpf"

What a time to be alive.

For the same reason, oddly enough.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
A republican friendly Imam seems to be a pretty good niche market to step into.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Muslim prayer followed by Paul Ryan :tinfoil:

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

mcmagic posted:

A republican friendly Imam seems to be a pretty good niche market to step into.

That would be basically most Imams up until 2004 or so. Even now alot of them TRY to be republican friendly, but lol.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The non-delegates, are they there to replace the ones who have walked out in disgust?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

what is even happening in 2016

from reuters linking someone's tweet which i can't find the link to cause twitter is blocked at work but it's from here: http://live.reuters.com/Event/Election_2016

:psypop:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

what is even happening in 2016

from reuters linking someone's tweet which i can't find the link to cause twitter is blocked at work but it's from here: http://live.reuters.com/Event/Election_2016

:psypop:

I guess MLP is better than a Pokemon song, so count it as improvement!

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone's Racist Grandpa was a good get for Trump.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

So this is what the devil looks like. Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
“He is a WARRIAH”

• Locked thread