Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
In mech: Reaper and Roadhog will gently caress your life up if you try to stand and slug it out with them, though the new matrix helps a lot
Out of mech: Zero Suit DVa's only survivability comes from a skinny hitbox, so Winston Soldier and Symmetra are awful

Roadhog is actually fun to play reload chicken with now; he only has 4 shots, so each one you can matrix is huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
It seems like I'm pretty much forced to play 76 in every game now because nobody else is able to take down a Pharah. Hanzo? "Someone go soldier and kill the Pharah". McCree? SOLDIER KILL THE PHARAH. Roadhog? Nope, can't hook the Pharah.

The last six or so games I've been forced to play grandpa because otherwise the enemy Pharah flies unhindered, raining down rockets like a seagull rains poo poo.

I think I understand how support mains feel now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Thoughtless posted:

It seems like I'm pretty much forced to play 76 in every game now because nobody else is able to take down a Pharah. Hanzo? "Someone go soldier and kill the Pharah". McCree? SOLDIER KILL THE PHARAH. Roadhog? Nope, can't hook the Pharah.

The last six or so games I've been forced to play grandpa because otherwise the enemy Pharah flies unhindered, raining down rockets like a seagull rains poo poo.

Help is coming with the next patch friend, the age of unchallenged Pharah dominance is over

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Soothing Vapors posted:

Help is coming with the next patch friend, the age of unchallenged Pharah dominance is over

Blizzard you dumbass. Watch them nerf Mcree again after nobody plays pharah anymore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Soothing Vapors posted:

In mech: Reaper and Roadhog will gently caress your life up if you try to stand and slug it out with them, though the new matrix helps a lot
Out of mech: Zero Suit DVa's only survivability comes from a skinny hitbox, so Winston Soldier and Symmetra are awful

Roadhog is actually fun to play reload chicken with now; he only has 4 shots, so each one you can matrix is huge

I would say a fully-charged Zarya can ruin your day in or out of the mech (splash damage is a real pain when you're out of the mech), and Soldier can definitely engage you in-mech outside your effective range, sprint to keep that distance, and just bait your matrix until you run out.

Granted, these operate on the assumption that you're playing Dva as though her rocket boost didn't exist/form a meaningful part of her intended playstyle. With the booster being on like a 6 second cooldown you really should be able to pick your engagements and disengage as soon as you lose the advantage, and neither Soldier nor Zarya have the ability to keep you from just taking off.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Thoughtless posted:

I kind of felt like this last night. For a few games in a row I was either going Soldier to kill the enemy Pharah (sometimes Pharahs) or I was going Pharah because nobody on the enemy team was playing midrange hitscan and I would be basically invincible.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Good first game of the morning

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

goodness posted:

It's so much fun to shut down DIEDIEDIE. Other methods: hook, Winston shield. The shield's pretty fun against Reapers anyway, I find that when I drop it they walk inside, but if I back up they stay inside shooting at me and don't realize they're not hitting.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ana is now playable on live.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It seems the update is live right now on EU. I downloaded the patch, joined a Quick Play game and suddenly half my team was Ana.

e,f,b

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Where the patch notes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im playing ana on the real game now so thats neat

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

verbal enema posted:

im playing ana on the real game now so thats neat

You sassing me, boy?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

IF it comes out today, probably this evening as they seem to like doing things at like 6pm central for some reason.

Okay I was completely wrong cause it's out now apparently

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thanks for the advice. With any luck I might begin to approach "almost competent" with one character.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I keep getting a weird bug where my mic will work for the first 30 second of a match, and then will cut out for most of the remainder. The little 'beep' sound when pressing push to talk stops working also.

sound control panel shows input being registered while this is happening. Used to work fine, one day it just didn't. any ideas?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

The Walrus posted:

I keep getting a weird bug where my mic will work for the first 30 second of a match, and then will cut out for most of the remainder. The little 'beep' sound when pressing push to talk stops working also.

sound control panel shows input being registered while this is happening. Used to work fine, one day it just didn't. any ideas?

That feedback never works for me but my voice still works because people respond

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm very bad at Ana

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
McCree+Zenyatta is a new wombo combo of "murder all the things". Zenyatta gives McCree sustain and the discord Orb basically gives you old beta McCree, and McCree+Zenyatta is a DPS monster. I'd even wager a lineup of Dva, McCree, Zenyatta, Mercy, Zarya and Reaper will be the new balls to the wall aggressive meta.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Empowered Reinhardt is scary af

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Patch Notes:

https://i.imgur.com/koe1LcV.png

Although some are saying 76 doesn't seem to have noticeable differences on his gun spread.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Can someone confirm if the hitbox change went through?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The decreased detonation time on D.Va's ult is insane to the point I already see myself bitching about it in the future.

... unless I suddenly start playing her all the time, then it's fine and should never be changed.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

Can someone confirm if the hitbox change went through?

"Reduced the chance for larger projectiles (i.e. Hanzo's arrows, Zenyatta's prayer beads) to hit targets around corners"

I think it did.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Glad to see people didn't get the novelty of playing a new hero out of their system on the PTR. Why I sure love playing games with three completely loving useless Anas.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ddraig posted:

Glad to see people didn't get the novelty of playing a new hero out of their system on the PTR. Why I sure love playing games with three completely loving useless Anas.

A small % actually plays on the PTR, ya know.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pumpy Dumper posted:

That feedback never works for me but my voice still works because people respond

Hm weird. I'm pretty certain it's not working for me at all but I'll confirm tonight.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

D.va buffs are so great :rms:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

goodness posted:

These are always the most satisfying
bye bye bye :ohyeah:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/AlienatedFlawlessIndianelephant.webm

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Zikan posted:

"Reduced the chance for larger projectiles (i.e. Hanzo's arrows, Zenyatta's prayer beads) to hit targets around corners"

I think it did.

Does that mean it was *only* those two? Or are Pharah rockets and Lucio wubs and so forth also hit

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mierenneuker posted:

A small % actually plays on the PTR, ya know.

Yeah honestly for the majority of the playerbase the first indication that there is a new hero may well be when they see them on the select screen.

It's gonna be 3 Ana's per team for a while. :shrug:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Does anyone know what Ana says when you sleep dart a ulting Pharah? She said "justice something something" but it was loud with a bunch of ults going at the same time so I missed it.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Efexeye posted:

i wish zarya's beam was a little better against the tire

If my shield is ready I like to run into the tire and hopefully the Junkrat freaks and pops my bubble for an easy +50% charge.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Here's your weekly dose of Battleborn schadenfreude: it's in the current Humble Bundle as part of the "pay 15 dollars or more" tier.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
Lucio's boop no longer works on basketballs gently caress you blizzard

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

keyframe posted:

Does anyone know what Ana says when you sleep dart a ulting Pharah? She said "justice something something" but it was loud with a bunch of ults going at the same time so I missed it.

"I think justice needs a nap."

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Cruel Rose posted:

Lucio's boop no longer works on basketballs gently caress you blizzard

They've seemed to have toned down all physics on the basketballs quite a bit. You can't really punt them as far as you could before.

This is of course a complete nerf to the most pro strat in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RlBvNVcG-M

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

The decreased detonation time on D.Va's ult is insane to the point I already see myself bitching about it in the future.

... unless I suddenly start playing her all the time, then it's fine and should never be changed.

I guess it's a bit more like Reaper's ult now, in that you have to try to see it coming before it's actually triggered.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Anas ult line should be "open wide,here comes the airplane"

I need full on mom mode in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Blizz reads this thread, they put in some of my changes in the latest patch :smug: