Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Stargate? I miss something, or did Trump bring down the wrath of the Goa'uld upon us?

why would he need to bring them in from outside?

you can already find a megalomaniacal autocrat with an unrealistic governing strategy and gilded design sense, in this election

I bet the reason he flies his motherplane back to ny every night so he can sleep in his his regeneration sarcophagus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Katrina Pierson just now on CNN "It's only a mistake if you actually set out and intended to do something....(trails off)" re: plagiarism. Oh word?

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

Ironic from one of the strongest advocates for denying people healthcare.

Not at all, actually, he's one of the few Libertarians who lives up to helping his community of his own accord.

I always say: show me a Right-Wing Libertarian filling potholes and I'll respect them.

Rand, despite my many disagreances with his ideological points of view, fills potholes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

logikv9 posted:

the trump campaign is on fire (again)

The campaign has never stopped being on fire.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

MaxNV posted:

Rubio on CNN right now

what'd he do

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Zeroisanumber posted:

I live in a place that's called "Little Mogadishu" and the food is loving great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-4ATrE8n0&feature=youtu.be&t=1m19s

e: Some parts might be :nws: I guess.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 19, 2016

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Trump had great timing in his defense of Ailes.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

logikv9 posted:

melenia plagarized the best part about the first day, the trump campaign is on fire (again), and ailes is out at fox

what a good 24 hours

You know the story about how the Russians drank Moscow dry on VE Day? I wonder if the RNC could do that to Cleveland on Thursday night.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Roger Ailes getting the boot is a big deal. Wonder if Hannity will bring it up.

What does it functionally change at Fox, if anything do you think?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sigh

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

GrimGypsy posted:

MSNBC said that 'sources inside the campaign' have started saying that 'heads are going to roll'

Please. Please, Donald. Do it. Do it live on stage. Cull Manafort as an example to all the rest.

I want this to happen so badly. "Manafort? YOU'RE FIRED!"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Donald Trump totally gazumping his convention bump by clearing out top advisors mid-convention would be a Trump thing to do.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
A classic article, in memorial of Roger Ailes' departure from Fox news.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zen death robot posted:

The future sucks

I like smart phones OK.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Per agreement, sounds like they've agreed to pay for his legal counsel and to cover all legal damages, too. Wow

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

Ironic from one of the strongest advocates for denying people healthcare.

no you see, choosing to provide healthcare to people for free is noble and good and admirable
but forcing doctors at government-point to provide healthcare to people at marginally lower costs than they currently already do is literally slavery
nevermind that providing healthcare to poor people for free would be unnecessary if only the government would enslave all the doctors or whatever

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

Roger Ailes getting the boot is a big deal. Wonder if Hannity will bring it up.

apparently the whole prime time lineup might go

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/755495054639140865

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

im g'kar and the mods are the centauris whipping me
I think you're Morden because you're an agent of chaos and keep getting thrown off the station (the forums) only to return in the next episode.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 19, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They are permitted under the contract, I don't know if anyone has said anything about leaving yet.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedAndrew/status/755499675617267712
lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Xandu posted:

Per agreement, sounds like they've agreed to pay for his legal counsel and to cover all legal damages, too. Wow

The problem with being cynical is that there's no way to keep up. Be a sex predator, get truckloads of cash money. :signings:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Amazing. This election year is amazing.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yudo posted:

There is no standardized definition of race in biology. You cite geographic race, which is silly considering how much loving has gone down. Hair color, skin pigment and earwax are not exactly vast genetic differences. Unless you are a racist.

also pretty stark phenotypic differences can be seen with very little genetic variation between groups. defining race is very difficult because of how fluid populations are, and the fact that true geographic isolation (especially in humans) is rare. we have functional biological definitions for things like crops (landraces or breeds or whatever) that allow us to make informed breeding decisions, but you're right, there's no hard line in the sand that abruptly defines a race

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Kelly won't go, doubt another news network would offer as much as Fox.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

The future sucks

this is the best timeline if you are a political satirist, because you don't actually have to come up with stuff. you just let people say "WELL MY LITTLE PONY DID IT FIRST"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

if fox news dies this might be the greatest week of the year

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

O'Reilly moves to MSNBC and reveals his decades long scam, Stephen Colbert kills himself as part of an old bet.

edit: And he's Andy Kaufman.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Xandu posted:

part of me hopes shep goes somewhere else, though as long as he gets to rail against fox news

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Hillary is immediately hitting the Steve King white supremacy angle for donations

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Xandu posted:

CNN would fire their entire lineup to pay Kelly's salary if was so required.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance this will make Fox News less of a cesspool? Hahahaha of course not, but man... :pray:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if oreilly goes then how will I know who the pinheads are

if megyn kelly goes then how will will I know where the blood comes from

drat it murdoch!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Any chance this will make Fox News less of a cesspool? Hahahaha of course not, but man... :pray:

lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Pretty cool statistical analysis of the fact Trump gets more retweets the more negative he goes:

http://www.datasciencenotes.com/2016/07/donald-trump-is-getting-even-bigger.html

quote:

Next we look at a more interesting area, how many Retweets each candidate gets by net sentiment score. In essence, this analysis looks at how twitter users react to each candidates tweet. The more Retweets, the more interaction, the fewer.. less interaction. If we correlate this to the sentiment of tweets we can determine what kind of sentiment draws the most interaction for each candidate. Here's what Trump looks like (sentiment score is horizontal axis, Retweets per tweet on vertical) ...

The relationship for Trump is statistically significant, and we can infer that Trump gets 800 incremental retweets (on average) for each negative word he uses. (more negative == more interactions)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GobiasIndustries posted:

If anything will lead to an improvement at Fox News, this is it, this is pretty much the only thing

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

a fleshy snood posted:

also pretty stark phenotypic differences can be seen with very little genetic variation between groups. defining race is very difficult because of how fluid populations are, and the fact that true geographic isolation (especially in humans) is rare. we have functional biological definitions for things like crops (landraces or breeds or whatever) that allow us to make informed breeding decisions, but you're right, there's no hard line in the sand that abruptly defines a race

the differences aren't really that stark, they're literally skin deep, skin pigmentation based on balance between vitamins B6 and D and hair texture.

humans do have huge tits (which are full even when not lactating, pretty unique in the animal world) and dongs relative to their body size so there's that going for us, thanks evolution

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thethreeman posted:

Hillary is immediately hitting the Steve King white supremacy angle for donations

trump is racist, give me money.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/755501664698785794

Pretty much bang on the average.

e: https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/755501062161915904

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - GQR/Democracy Corps
7/13 - 7/18 - 900 LV
last poll conducted June 2016

Clinton 43 (-5)
Trump 40 (+3)
Johnson 11 (+3)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/755502053003190273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pellisworth posted:

the differences aren't really that stark, they're literally skin deep, skin pigmentation based on balance between vitamins B6 and D and hair texture.

humans do have huge tits (which are full even when not lactating, pretty unique in the animal world) and dongs relative to their body size so there's that going for us, thanks evolution

my dong is above average compared to my body size, which is also large

• Locked thread