Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
'We have the deepest roster in history and a ton of talent in NXT. As it is, we have guys like Cesaro who get limited time and zero push, we have been doing nothing but rematches on Smackdown for the past years, and could easily simply fill the expanded TV time with longer matches, or perhaps giving promo time to some of the younger guys who are usually completely overshadowed'

'nah, the only way to fill 5 hours of TV is to bring back Jinder loving Mahal and Chuck Palumbo'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm happy for Alexa Bliss and I hope she doesn't get lost in the shuffle because she's been really good for a while now.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
There's really only room for one, maybe two acts to get any sort of shine in a group call up like this.

If you call all the top NXT talent up at the same time it makes none of them look special.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Of course all this planning goes out the window when Bran gets a live mic and goes "Nakamura" and then announces that he's fit and ready to go for one more match while Foley, Shane and Steph watch on in horror.

"Don't you mean Nia Jax, Bryan?"

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
*michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif*

this is gonna be goooooooood

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Of course all this planning goes out the window when Bran gets a live mic and goes "Nakamura" and then announces that he's fit and ready to go for one more match while Foley, Shane and Steph watch on in horror.

My god, it's all his diabolical plan to work his way into a shooted work!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're going to push off Bayley for another 9 months waiting for the perfect opportunity that will either never come or they'll gently caress up when it does. Dave and Bryan were right to worry

I genuinely cannot imagine not laughing at this company. Like at times it seems like they don't want any other response.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it'd be hosed up to split the Hype Bros in the draft

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Chris James 2 posted:

They're going to push off Bayley for another 9 months waiting for the perfect opportunity that will either never come or they'll gently caress up when it does. Dave and Bryan were right to worry

I genuinely cannot imagine not laughing at this company. Like at times it seems like they don't want any other response.

If she's not they mystery partner Sunday, then yes we shall laugh.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Chris James 2 posted:

Well they do want to do a womens only CWC alike next year...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Skinty McEdger posted:

Both Bayley and Nakamura have programs in NXT going at least to the next takeover, if not beyond that. Neither of them were going to get called up.

If Bayley isn't the mystery partner the crowd is going to turn on that match.

Kevin Owens got called up to feud with Cena and spent like another 2 months in NXT feuding with Balor. Sasha stuck around for the Bayley feud for 2 months after her callup.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Skinty McEdger posted:

I know we would see a death on air, but god drat, think of that match

Also: Bayley is coming up post-summerslam, when she can feud with Sasha for the women's championship

Sasha's mystery partner is God, making his/her/its triumphant return to the WWE after being let down by HBK

They should be calling up Austin Aries and definitely not Alexa/Nia, because Asuka needs to drop the belt to someone and everyone in the nxt women's title picture is being drafted or is Bayley

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If we're bringing back the dregs of the roster, please bring back the Heartthrobs and The Dicks. But not as tag teams, they need the opportunity to flourish as singles competitors.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

If she's not they mystery partner Sunday, then yes we shall laugh.

unless someone casts one of those Harry Potter spells and turns her into Naomi she won't be

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Sasha's mystery is more than likely a repackaged for the nth time Naomi.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/DayDreamThis/status/755505949226496000

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How many old guys said no to a WWE return before they settled on loving Jinder Mahal and Chuck Palumbo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

How many old guys said no to a WWE return before they settled on loving Jinder Mahal and Chuck Palumbo

Not a lot can really still wrestle for WWE. Whether due to death, age, prison, or Angle

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The mystery partner should be Bayley because I want to pop for Bayley

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Please stop hindering Jinder in this thread.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

rovert posted:

Sasha's mystery is more than likely a repackaged for the nth time Naomi.

Yeah the crowd is going to turn on that.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

RaceyBucket posted:

Please stop hindering Jinder in this thread.

Repackage him as Tinder Mahal, and he loses via roll up and distraction from a phone notification.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

JTG better pick up his phone again.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

How many old guys with any name value can actually pass a WWE physical?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Of course, we all want to see our favorites get called up in the draft (Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Bayley, etc). But, there's about to be a bunch of debuts and returns because of this draft. What about Finn Balor getting lost in the shuffle? I guess it worked out for Sami Zayn, but that was looking rough for the first few months.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This month is the 3rd anniversary of the Performance Center. Gable, Jordan, Nia, Bliss, Carmella and Mojo are all trainees.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
why on gods green earth would you loving call up Alexa Bliss and Carmella before Bayley when Bliss is starting to get pretty drat hot as a heel just as they'll need a legit challenger for their face champ in NXT, Carmella is still "that lady that used to hang out with Enzo and Cass and is getting better", and Bayley is a loving babyface god just sitting down in NXT putting Asuka over

like to all the talk about people getting lost in the shuffle, if they had Shane use one of his top picks on Balor or Bayley and then have them start wrecking house on smackdown every week it'd get them over real drat fast

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

89 posted:

Of course, we all want to see our favorites get called up in the draft (Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Bayley, etc). But, there's about to be a bunch of debuts and returns because of this draft. What about Finn Balor getting lost in the shuffle? I guess it worked out for Sami Zayn, but that was looking rough for the first few months.

Nobody (at least nobody who was right) realistically thought Joe or Nakamura would be called up, at least this quick, but it was pretty safe to assume Bayley and Balor would go up simultaneously, if not in the draft sometime within this week (either yesterday or the PPV).

Both have only teased callups, oh, I dunno, only for the entire year and possibly as early as last November. I remember people talking about Balor teasing stuff starting around that time, he just didn't get obnoxious with it constantly on social media until around January.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ah I see they're giving Bayley the patented Balor Push(tm) where they slowly sap her of any heat in front of the NXT crowds with repetitive storytelling no one really cares about until she gets called up six months after her expected date, good poo poo

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
It wouldn't make any sense for Daniel Bryan to choose Mojo Rawley or Nia Jax over Nakamura and Joe.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

ParanoidInc posted:

Bliss is starting to get pretty drat hot as a heel just as they'll need a legit challenger for their face champ in NXT,

They have considered this. The face champ is turning heel.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Jubs posted:

It wouldn't make any sense for Daniel Bryan to choose Mojo Rawley or Nia Jax over Nakamura and Joe.

Just hype up how many concussions both Mick and Daniel have had over their careers and suddenly the wacky picks make sense.

Alternatively, Daniel Bryan turns heel because he's bitter he can no longer wrestle and wants to punish good wrestlers and the viewing audience.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Skinty McEdger posted:

They have considered this. The face champ is turning heel.

oh is she? well that bit at least makes more sense then

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
If Bayley was called up right now, the very best we could hope for is several months of her getting pinned by Charlotte after botched distractions from Dana Brooke.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like alexa

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Dumb question, but is there any way they consider Balor and Nakamura cruiserweights? Because that, obviously, would affect where they are drafted to (if they are drafted).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That list is not that bad and bringing up Nakamura or Joe would be stupid right now if WWE is at all invested in making NXT important which it seems like they are.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

If Bayley was called up right now, the very best we could hope for is several months of her getting pinned by Charlotte after botched distractions from Dana Brooke.

Good

If she or Finn are going to fail on the main roster, let them fail. We know they'll gently caress it up, but whether they do or not, get it over with. If you're going to kill the hope, don't make it worse by dragging it out 10 months later than needed.

Last Mania doesn't end up nearly as hated or laughable if it was just a regular Raw or PPV. 3 hours of dumb decisions we all knew were coming sucks. 7 was torture.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're going to kill the hope, don't make it worse by dragging it out 10 months later than needed.

someone burn this quote into ROH's front lawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

If Bayley isn't the mystery partner the crowd is going to turn on that match.

I legitimately can't wait

• Locked thread