Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress yeah, DD214.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

One of us! One of us!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

Guys.

I hold in my hands my DD214.

My paternity leave will almost all be paid for as surplus to the Army so I'll get some cash too.

It was rough but holy gently caress I am here

I am a (for the most part) civilian...

Needed to be on the next page. Congrats dude :unsmith:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Soulex posted:

Guys.

My paternity leave will almost all be paid for as surplus to the Army so I'll get some cash too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Wbmp6CQo8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

arbeit macht frei

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Congrats, Soulex. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I get to sign out in two weeks!

For leave. Still better than nothing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Soulex posted:

Guys.

enjoy this day

you loving made it

forever may the army suck our collective dicks from the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NubH5BDOaD8

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Play Pokemon

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Congrats welcome to the civilian club.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Army is still trying to dick me once last time. DFAS sent me a bill for lost/damaged equipment. I have a signed and dated clothing record from when I did turn-in. Guess I have to call the unit and threaten them with said paper now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Army is still trying to dick me once last time. DFAS sent me a bill for lost/damaged equipment. I have a signed and dated clothing record from when I did turn-in. Guess I have to call the unit and threaten them with said paper now.

If there is a FLiPL started make sure you find the investigating officer and give them the proof.

I've done a pile of those things and always try and contact the SM, but some will just find you liable to close the case and go out for the weekend.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
cif tried to dick me around on a lost gas mask, wouldnt accept the signature of the rbe ssgt because he wasnt an officer even tho he was the highest ranking person in my battalion still in country. i had to go begging to our sister battalions co for a signature, but the prick wouldnt sign off on it. the travel office hosed up and gave me a plane ticket, so i gave it one last shot the day of my flight, but major rear end in a top hat still refused, so i said gently caress this gently caress you gently caress the corps, chesty puller says suck my dick from the back. i boarded that loving plane without being fully checked out

i got my dd214 in the mail a couple weeks later

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Man, if that had happened earlier and near me, I literally just gave a promask away a week ago. I had it and no one wanted to buy it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
GIVE ME YOUR PROMASK

gently caress I'm going to Canada (don't know where) for a month for AT under this new "natty guard is DOUBLETIME NOW"

GOD

drat

BULLSHIT

and I need a promask but they never issued us one but we just got a new supply sgt and SHE'S a goddamned oval office and the previous supply sgt just transfered to an infantry unit that *~*~*~*~*MAGICALLY~*~*~*~*~* just deployed to an actual real deployment zone and nobody can contact him and gently caress THE ENTIRE UNIT'S ON THE HOOK FOR FORTY PROMASKS because he said we all were and WE GOT A NEW COMMANDER who's a Nurse Practitioner and can afford buying one but gently caress THE REST OF US CAN'T and she DOESN'T GIVE A gently caress and I swear to god if he (prv supply sgt) and she (new commander) live across state lines I'm going to get them charged for RICO COLLUSION gently caress

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
gently caress the Army and everyone in it.

That includes me. Only two more years.

:suicide:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

GIVE ME YOUR PROMASK

gently caress I'm going to Canada (don't know where) for a month for AT under this new "natty guard is DOUBLETIME NOW"

GOD

drat

BULLSHIT

and I need a promask but they never issued us one but we just got a new supply sgt and SHE'S a goddamned oval office and the previous supply sgt just transfered to an infantry unit that *~*~*~*~*MAGICALLY~*~*~*~*~* just deployed to an actual real deployment zone and nobody can contact him and gently caress THE ENTIRE UNIT'S ON THE HOOK FOR FORTY PROMASKS because he said we all were and WE GOT A NEW COMMANDER who's a Nurse Practitioner and can afford buying one but gently caress THE REST OF US CAN'T and she DOESN'T GIVE A gently caress and I swear to god if he (prv supply sgt) and she (new commander) live across state lines I'm going to get them charged for RICO COLLUSION gently caress

Let me find out if the person still has it, and if you cover shipping I'll mail it to you. Just PM me your address or whatever.

Edit also, unless you signed a 2062 issuing you a mask, I don't know why you are freaking out. Ain't nothing they can do to you.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mmmmm having a promask feels good.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I realized this week that my SAPI plates aren't even on my clothing record.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
what are the new Avon masks like compared to the M40?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Soulex posted:

Let me find out if the person still has it, and if you cover shipping I'll mail it to you. Just PM me your address or whatever.

Edit also, unless you signed a 2062 issuing you a mask, I don't know why you are freaking out. Ain't nothing they can do to you.

The entire unit minus senior leadership magically has it added to their initial clothing records. It's bullshit.

Also I'm hungover as gently caress but if it works out I"ll be so happy to pay whatever. poo poo's expensive, yo.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Geirskogul posted:

The entire unit minus senior leadership magically has it added to their initial clothing records. It's bullshit.

Is it an initial clothing record with your signature? If so, lol, you got had! If not, you're in the clear.

e: An entire mask can be formed from class 9 repair parts last I checked, so a clever supply clerk and a non-rear end in a top hat commander can just make that poo poo appear out of nowhere. Kind of obvious when it's more than a handful, though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Our supply sergeant in Afghanistan signed our clothing records without giving us a chance to review them so I'm telling myself that's my get out of jail free card. Although he's a good dude so I wouldn't want him to get in trouble.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psydude posted:

Our supply sergeant in Afghanistan signed our clothing records without giving us a chance to review them so I'm telling myself that's my get out of jail free card. Although he's a good dude so I wouldn't want him to get in trouble.

Tell him to fix his mistake before you make the mistake of thinking anyone in the army isn't a self-serving piece of poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i should clarify, i went to cif with a mask, but it wasnt the one they had issued to me so they wouldnt accept it

for the other poo poo i was missing i found out one of the civs at cif was a dirtbag who would sign off on poo poo for some cash. slipped him 5 $1s wrapped in a $20 and he signed off i had turned everything in and that was that

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

for the other poo poo i was missing i found out one of the civs at cif was a dirtbag who would sign off on poo poo for some cash. slipped him 5 $1s wrapped in a $20 and he signed off i had turned everything in and that was that

Well done. When I was brand new to the army I thought it was accepted practice that if you went to CIF and were missing an item, you could turn in excess poo poo not on your record to make the account balance. Nah, turns out that guy just made a quasi-official looking form that said as much, then sold it off post. That probably made the investigation a lot easier.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Wasabi the J posted:

Tell him to fix his mistake before you make the mistake of thinking anyone in the army isn't a self-serving piece of poo poo.

Can this somehow be the thread title

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

psydude posted:

Your supply sergeant is terrible and so was your commander.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Does anybody else's company orderly room do dumb poo poo like ask for a copy of your license, registration, and insurance?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Triggs posted:

Does anybody else's company orderly room do dumb poo poo like ask for a copy of your license, registration, and insurance?

Yeah. Cause after the umpteenth time someone doesn't do an inspection or has bogus insurance the higher ups just assert that not doing so means the CDR/1SG are derelict.

E: After a fatality in a modified nitrous boosted car, I had a CSM demand that literally any modification including a new head unit be documented. Despite my car not being far from stock, I managed to make it about four pages long by listing every single aftermarket nut, bolt, and washer individually, listing all replacement bulbs that weren't OEM, and by attaching the safety ratings for the car.

BN leadership wasn't so amused.

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jul 19, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

You know, it's weird. I've been on my back porch just chilling and realized...life is good. Life is good right now. I feel so much better now. I feel happy. I don't remember that one as much.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

You know, it's weird. I've been on my back porch just chilling and realized...life is good. Life is good right now. I feel so much better now. I feel happy. I don't remember that one as much.

Being out is loving great, isn't it?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The best part of the army is getting out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Ace of Baes posted:

The best part of the army is getting out.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's usually a moment when you wake up at 6:30 or something in the morning on a Monday and have that brief, six or seven second freakout that you have to get to formation and you're late and gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Then you realize you're free and clear of that bullshit and go back to bed.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Vasudus posted:

There's usually a moment when you wake up at 6:30 or something in the morning on a Monday and have that brief, six or seven second freakout that you have to get to formation and you're late and gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Best feeling ever. What's sad is I still wake-up in a rush with this same thought.

I got out in '98.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still find myself feeling for my weapon periodically. Not in a 'haha PTSD fucklord' kinda way. Like I'm walking back to work from loving getting a salad and I'm about to cross the street and gently caress WHERES MY RIFLE.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

There's nothing like a good, solid freak-out when you wake up in the A.M to realize that your rifle isn't tucked between the bed frame and your mattress..

Then of course, waking up and realizing that you're in your house and your rifle is safely on your gun rack in your ford ranger.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vasudus posted:

i get that feeling on very rare occasions when my alarm didnt go off and i am actually late for work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
So I watched "Hell and Back Again" on Netflix last night. Almost had regret that I didn't do something more hooah hooah hut hut in the Army. Now 60 years from now when my grandkids ask what you did in the War On Terror all I got is some dull "I did map stuff on computers in Iraq and shuffled contractor paperwork around in Afghanistan." Then again, I didn't get shot in the rear end and have to limp around the rest of my life while developing a pain pill addiction so whatever.

Who has the most dull and useless summary of their War On Terror to tell their grandkids here?

• Locked thread