Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

That most people need the wheelchair of turning their relationships into Pokemon so the spaghetti doesn't avalanche from their pockets doesn't make me the weirdo here.

What the gently caress does any of this mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

cvnvcnv posted:

That most people need the wheelchair of turning their relationships into Pokemon so the spaghetti doesn't avalanche from their pockets doesn't make me the weirdo here.

what

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
Didn't expect to get hard reading this thread but welp

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Nice meltdown

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

cvnvcnv posted:

lol look at this old baby

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The spaghetti is avalanching from my pockets right now

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

Having a Facebook, and using it to normalize yourself to bideojame randos seems like a double loss.

I get where you're coming from, but when you play video games as much as we do with the same people for years and years, it's not weird because chances are that you've already gotten a glimpse into each other's personal lives. The people I've met through Call of Duty over the past 10 years(and now Destiny) are all loving cool and live interesting lives outside of video games...except for the people who clearly are not cool and fun to chat with.. I'm not friends with them.

I have places to stay in San Francisco, Miami, NYC, Philly.... Just like they have a place to stay in Chicago if they came here.

I would totally pm Pubstomper if I was in Seattle and tell him to meet me at a bar.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I met my wife (not a coder but hot) of 5 years back when Halo 2 was the poo poo.
Just because you don't know how to make friends doesn't mean we all share the same fate.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

lol look at this old baby
I get social media but I just don't get it.

el B posted:

I get where you're coming from, but
Excellent "but." I'm 8 months into gaming in the Internet age so that type of vantage point completely eludes me. I can say I know some stuff about people from playing so yeah, total sense.

Idk about calling on Rasheed tho. I mean, on one hand the pansexual assault but on the other, I didn't get him anything in return.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I am driving to New Mexico in a few weeks to photograph the Perseids with a couple gaming bros. Meeting cool dudes is cool.

Only thing I won't do is game with co-workers, it ends up awkward because I feel like I have to curb my language or it'll come back at me later. And if it turns out they're poo poo at games, how do you avoid playing with them without lovely excuses? :iiam:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

I am driving to New Mexico in a few weeks to photograph the Perseids with a couple gaming bros. Meeting cool dudes is cool.

Only thing I won't do is game with co-workers, it ends up awkward because I feel like I have to curb my language or it'll come back at me later. And if it turns out they're poo poo at games, how do you avoid playing with them without lovely excuses? :iiam:

'Look Richard, you're a cool guy and all, but you suck poo poo at controlling the point. Get it together or I'm reporting you to HR.'

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

xzzy posted:

I am driving to New Mexico in a few weeks to photograph the Perseids....

This is actually really cool and I'm jealous.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I signal to others that I'm normal by shaking them and screaming I AM EXTREMELY NORMAL AND DONT NEED YOUR VALIDATION in their faces.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I had an internet gamer date with Haplo when I was on a business trip. Totally touched butts. By butts I mean he showed me this baller local Mexican food joint and I got trashed as poo poo on the company dime. A+ would do weird internet video game things again.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

el B posted:

I get where you're coming from, but when you play video games as much as we do with the same people for years and years, it's not weird because chances are that you've already gotten a glimpse into each other's personal lives. The people I've met through Call of Duty over the past 10 years(and now Destiny) are all loving cool and live interesting lives outside of video games...except for the people who clearly are not cool and fun to chat with.. I'm not friends with them.

I have places to stay in San Francisco, Miami, NYC, Philly.... Just like they have a place to stay in Chicago if they came here.

I would totally pm Pubstomper if I was in Seattle and tell him to meet me at a bar.

:agreed:

The goons I used to play Call of Duty with like a decade ago are some of the few facebook friends I have that post worthwhile content. Most people I know that friend me just post obnoxious clickbait all the time. Admittedly I'm on facebook a total of 3 minutes a month - but still.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I get enough goonage from the forum, I don't need it irl thanks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol if you dont regularly exchange dickpicks with your gaming bros. Its the modern day equivalent of spartan bonding.

A fireteam that gays together stays together.

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine

el B posted:

Lmao as if my accounts ever last long enough to get plat

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Lol if you dont regularly exchange dickpicks with your gaming bros. Its the modern day equivalent of spartan bonding.

A fireteam that gays together stays together.

its a modern day sacred band of thebes

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Got a head seeker/fitted stock/glass half full nerwin's. Might be fun, even if it's not in the top pulse archetype. Still waiting on a Weyloran's though.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone noticed suppressor grenades seeming to uh...not really suppress that great any more?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really feel like the suppressor radius has gotten smaller

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Man...sunsinger grenades are loving trash now. :(

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

Lmao as if my accounts ever last long enough to get plat

basically you create burner SA accounts for forums pubstomping is what you're sayin

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Man...sunsinger grenades are loving trash now. :(

Remember, Bungie made those change to give people more options to build their character!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
http://i.imgur.com/x1tx8MB.gifv

tf is this

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I used LFG last night, met a guy who (claimed to have) wrote a court summons for Gavin Long the day before :stare:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Bullshit. The AOE sucks :(

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
8 PM Bone Crew Raid - Oryx Hard Mode:

1. Booties
2. xzzy
3. Fifty Three

sub 1.
sub 2.

xzzy posted:

Pencil me in, I should be around but can't commit. Don't be afraid to give the spot to someone else if they're available.

Fifty Three posted:

Yo. (GT: Aerofallosov)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

The Meat Dimension posted:

Bullshit. The AOE sucks :(

i mean how much loving closer could it be to the guy? it's been killing me the past week or so

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean how much loving closer could it be to the guy? it's been killing me the past week or so

None. Your gif clearly shows the 1 damage from being hit by the suppression effect. Probably one of those awesome fake green bars.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Use the raid channel in slack for setting up raids it'll work better

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

Use the raid channel in slack for setting up raids it'll work better

Make sure you promise butt stuff

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

None. Your gif clearly shows the 1 damage from being hit by the suppression effect. Probably one of those awesome fake green bars.

I thought the 1 damage was bein hit in the shin. He should have taken damage from the explosion though

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Oh I will. I'm waiting for my invite now. My old halo buddies have our own slack team. It's great. We just take a pic of our dicks and upload them, then pin them, then emoji react to them. This thread is going to die now.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

I thought the 1 damage was bein hit in the shin. He should have taken damage from the explosion though

most direct grenade hits i've seen are 2-3 damage. i could be wrong though.

either way, that fucker should have been suppressed.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Lol if you haven't already exchanged numbers with your regular crucible squad and friended on Facebook

Betty Spaghetti is my thinspiration

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The suppression grenade works much like a pokeball, which only operates when open

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

moist turtleneck posted:

The suppression grenade works much like a pokeball, which only operates when open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destiny Pubstomper
Jul 7, 2016

by Shine
tfw you get owned to give the stormcaller super and then the stormcaller kills you with it on your respawn

http://i.imgur.com/er7qsq3.gifv

bonus stunting with the Dorkblade I only have equipped to give me kneepads when using UR

http://i.imgur.com/zJb1Gn5.gifv

Destiny Pubstomper fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 20, 2016

• Locked thread