Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Space Venom wave just came in at BBTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Does anyone have a ML Storm they want to trade for the new ML Rogue? I've never been a big Rogue fan but there's a Storm-shaped hole in my shelf.

Are you talking about the $300+ mohawk Storm, or the old Toybiz Jim Lee Storm?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ShimSham posted:

Are you talking about the $300+ mohawk Storm, or the old Toybiz Jim Lee Storm?

Oh...kay. Thanks for the education. That might not quite be the equitable trade I thought it was. Holy poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow, that line was only like a year ago.

Guess I should have bought the $50 one I saw, huh?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The mowhawk Storm was a huge pain to get due to scalpers recognizing she'd be in high demand due to owning the Jubilee body BAF. I think Stryfe and Wolverine were double packed while Storm and Magneto were one per package, hence why they both go for obscene amounts of money.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

The mowhawk Storm was a huge pain to get due to scalpers recognizing she'd be in high demand due to owning the Jubilee body BAF. I think Stryfe and Wolverine were double packed while Storm and Magneto were one per package, hence why they both go for obscene amounts of money.

Well well well, look who's about to sell his "awful, duck footed wah wah wah" Magneto for a bunch of money!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They need to finally make a proper 6 inch marvel legend 80s Mohawk Storm. The Marvel Now! Storm is cool but she's horrifyingly rare and will not fit nearly as well with my brown suit Wolvie and Phoenix figures.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Well well well, look who's about to sell his "awful, duck footed wah wah wah" Magneto for a bunch of money!

I like my duck foot grandpa toy

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I like my duck foot grandpa toy

Yeah I don't think I can actually part with it but I really wanted to point and laugh at how a lot of people were like "arg it's garbage" and now it's very pricey. I think he's the best Magneto figure yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo that line has exploded in price. I got $175 out of a complete set back in the fall.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

If anyone needs Jubilee's head and special effect I'll let it go for a not insane price. Or trade. Or whatever.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Christ I am even more pissed off now that Toys R Us hosed me on a Mags and Storm.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think I lost Magneto's head from that wave because it was terrible and JJJ's head was a better replacement.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I saw a few of those at work when I first joined Toys R Us, but didn't buy any since I wasn't back into buying action figures yet. And they disappeared quickly after that and replaced by the Guardian of the Galaxy wave that took a year to be rid of.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Well Captain Power is coming back. I have heard rumblings before but apparently they made a big announcement, and the trailer 'Pheonix Rising' looks just god awful. The show was total crap in the 80s (I have it on DVD) and the only thing really going for it was the toys that interact with the TV. I'm not sure what this will do to the resale price of the toys but I couldnt drag my feet on re-buying the jet just in case:
(not the one I bought)

EDIT: "Check your Power Points"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I've never had a Vader figure, even as a kid, so I bought the Mafex version yesterday. Everyone online said the Figuarts was way too small and doesn't scale well with Black Series. I want to get a Kylo but I want him to scale well with the Vader. Do I get the Figuarts version, or is the Black Series adequate? The BS is everywhere and I can get him for less than $20. Figuarts is $50.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

You could wait for that Mafex Kylo, they're doing a good chunk of the TFA cast.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Blackchamber posted:

Well Captain Power is coming back. I have heard rumblings before but apparently they made a big announcement, and the trailer 'Pheonix Rising' looks just god awful. The show was total crap in the 80s (I have it on DVD) and the only thing really going for it was the toys that interact with the TV. I'm not sure what this will do to the resale price of the toys but I couldnt drag my feet on re-buying the jet just in case:
(not the one I bought)

EDIT: "Check your Power Points"

I had the black one and my brother had the white one, we played the poor boy's laser tag with them. I have fond memories of the show, though I'm sure they would be ruined if I were to watch them again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know some of you have the original Ghostbusters 6" figs, but does anyone have the ones from the new movie? I was walking around Walmart after seeing it, sorely tempted to buy Egon and Holtzmann.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-051316a.htm

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-050416a.htm

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mattel should be announcing tomorrow that Mattycollector will be shutting down December 31st.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

Mattel should be announcing tomorrow that Mattycollector will be shutting down December 31st.

No poo poo?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

clearance sales?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wouldn't hold my breathe, they'll probably ship remaining stock to the Mattel stores and clearance them there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

I wouldn't hold my breathe, they'll probably ship remaining stock to the Mattel stores and clearance them there.

Last time it was Big Lots.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Best. News. Ever.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Last time it was Big Lots.

I still have my 50% off grayskull sitting in a box...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

I still have my 50% off grayskull sitting in a box...

I sold mine for close to full price a few months ago.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Lots of new DC Collectibles figures have been leaked, including Bombshells, BTAS blatant cash grabs, and my two favorite characters as a two-pack in the Icons line:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=26830

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Really can't believe the first decent batwoman figure is going to be the Bombshells version. Also I'm going to buy all those Batmans. I'm part of the problem.

Superman and Lois!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Batman expression pack is amazing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Travis343 posted:

Really can't believe the first decent batwoman figure is going to be the Bombshells version. Also I'm going to buy all those Batmans. I'm part of the problem.

Superman and Lois!!

The 52 version looks good, it just has the 90s style articulation.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've never had a Vader figure, even as a kid, so I bought the Mafex version yesterday. Everyone online said the Figuarts was way too small and doesn't scale well with Black Series. I want to get a Kylo but I want him to scale well with the Vader. Do I get the Figuarts version, or is the Black Series adequate? The BS is everywhere and I can get him for less than $20. Figuarts is $50.

I have SHF Kylo and BS Kylo. I honestly don't think the BS version is bad, granted I did make some quick and easy modifications to his saber, but that takes 2 minutes, an exacto knife and a little super glue.

SHF Kylo is great, don't get me wrong. It definitely gives you a lot more options on posing, and you can easily switch out between hood and no hood, whereas on the BS version you are stuck with the hood head unless you want to cut it off. The hood on the SHF version is rubber, which a lot of people prefer over the soft goods hood, but honestly I don't care much for either one. Neither one of the hoods look like it hangs naturally.

I don't think there's a huge gulf between them unless poseability is really important to you. If you want him to just stand menacingly with the saber in one hand, go with the BS. If you want to get some more dynamic poses and don't mind spending a bit more, go SHF.

On the bright side I just noticed you can get SHF Kylo for $50, which is really good, that's $20 less than I paid when he first came out - https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Awakens-Figuarts-Action/dp/B014VTPQ0E

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Lots of new DC Collectibles figures have been leaked, including Bombshells, BTAS blatant cash grabs, and my two favorite characters as a two-pack in the Icons line:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=26830

Those Bombshell figures are cool, I'll definitely pick those up. I've got one of the Bombshell statues (Hawkgirl, and I like it a lot. I'm not even a Hawkgirl fan, but I like 1940s retro styling, old-timey pin up art, and the Rocketeer, so it pushed all the right buttons for me.

The Cheetah one looks great, too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys has a figure on display at SDCC that's apparently a spoiler for Suicide Squad, so I guess some wires got crossed there.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Aphrodite posted:

Hot Toys has a figure on display at SDCC that's apparently a spoiler for Suicide Squad, so I guess some wires got crossed there.

Did they just show it during their facebook live stream?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Can we get a hint or a spoilered disclosure or a link?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Havoc904 posted:

Did they just show it during their facebook live stream?

Not sure what the source is, I've just seen the pictures.

It's on display with the Suicide Squad stuff though, so it's not like they showed something they weren't supposed to behind the scenes or anything.

Can we get a hint or a spoilered disclosure or a link?

It's Joker dressed as Batman. I can't see how this is a major thing, but it hasn't been in any trailers yet.

http://i.imgur.com/h7AiZkf.png

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Here you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I can feel the silhouette fake-out gag coming already.