Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sakurazuka posted:

I didn't think they'd set a date yet? It's not coming out in Japan til September or something.

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/koei-tecmo-berserk-launches-fall-west

quote:

Koei Tecmo’s Omega Force-developed Berserk game will launch physically for PlayStation 4, and digitally for PS Vita and PC via Steam this fall in North America and Europe, the company announced.

Here is everything we know about the game so far, via its newly launched English website:

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/07/koei-tecmo-berserk-launches-fall-west#Pgp3er2PB9vwqwIB.99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, cool.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'd totally be down for a Berserk Warriors Empires. Perfect setting.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

If I'm reading this right, they're actually dubbing the game in English. They must have high hopes for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Berserk is a pretty popular property in the west I guess. But not more so than AoT and they seem to be putting more effort into this than that. Or are at least eager to get it out quicker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It seems more like Bandai's using their streamlined english localization process and recognizes the West as very profitable. They're probably one of the few major Japanese companies that focuses hard on the west, especially on the PC side.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wait is Bandai Namco publishing it? If not then this is Koei Tecmo having some real faith in the product because they only bother to dub games if they've got faith in it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, it could also be Koei. I forgot Bandai-Namco only published the One Piece games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well they do the Gundam ones as well, but it's only for the anime stuff that they own and I don't think Berserk is one.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Oh wow, I was fully expecting to have to wait 8 months to a year for Berserk. Pleasantly surprised.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Berserk is a pretty popular property in the west I guess. But not more so than AoT and they seem to be putting more effort into this than that. Or are at least eager to get it out quicker.

I think Berserk is one of those legacy anime that people really remember. I hear people talk about it a lot (mostly the old stuff), even if they're not current with it. I'm surprised that we're not seeing more publicity about the Attack on Titan game, since Berserk seems to be following not long after.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does anyone know how detection works in Assassination missions in DW8:E? Is it just a sphere around Torch Troops?

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Wasn't there a DW tactics game in the pipe? Any news about that one?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone know how detection works in Assassination missions in DW8:E? Is it just a sphere around Torch Troops?
Its been forever, but I think so. Also if I recall, getting detected isn't always a problem if you can get to the target fast enough.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Takoluka posted:

I think Berserk is one of those legacy anime that people really remember. I hear people talk about it a lot (mostly the old stuff), even if they're not current with it. I'm surprised that we're not seeing more publicity about the Attack on Titan game, since Berserk seems to be following not long after.

Musou games are sure thing though. They are always popular regardless of if they are original or anime tied. Zelda, One Piece, Gundam, HnK, they've all been successes over here. Berserk Musou seems like a 100% sure thing to go forward on because you'll have all the people who just buy all the musou style games coming along with all the berserk fans.

It's a win win for bandai to push it since so many people already know that they want that kind of game. There's no need to convince people the game will be good or not like the AoT game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've heard that a lot of people hate DW6 because it changed way too many mechanics or something. Is it actually bad or just way different?
I was considering if it's worth the time to try it out just to see how it is.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jack Trades posted:

I've heard that a lot of people hate DW6 because it changed way too many mechanics or something. Is it actually bad or just way different?

It's different in how it manages its combos. I played it a bit, but it's not quite as satisfying. There's probably other things to complain about, but the main thing I remember is you basically can't have your good combos till you fill up your renbu meter. Also less playable characters and less unique movesets.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
6 did have a ludicrous and awesome Lu Bu campaign.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The pretty much only thing that I don't really like when it comes to Warriors games is how one-sided the duels between officers are.
Once you learn the basics, every duel becomes a combo practice and there's no real way you can lose other than if you gently caress up running away from a reversal Aerial Musou and the only thing raising the difficulty does is make you spend more time beating up an enemy.

Maybe they'll improve that somehow in DW9. After all...

(whatever that means)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tecmo Koei said awhile back that they didn't want to reveal DW9 yet and they want to make sure the jump from 8 to 9 is as big as the jump from 6 to 7 was. It's taken them quite a while!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Looking forward to the PC release.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo Koei said awhile back that they didn't want to reveal DW9 yet and they want to make sure the jump from 8 to 9 is as big as the jump from 6 to 7 was. It's taken them quite a while!

Crossing my fingers for VR Dynasty Warriors, I do not care if I break everything in my house swinging a broom around like Lu Bu.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jack Trades posted:

I imagine you can get it pretty cheap these days so it may be worth checking out.

Most complaints focus on the fact the Renbu system gates your later combo attacks behind racking up a chain of hits but there's also the fact that aside from Musou attacks there's only like maybe a dozen different move sets. Even Zhang He has a generic spear move set.

E: I feel I should point out that DW7 is still a really drat good game, especially if you get XL. If you're looking for a Warriors game that isn't DW8 then I would recommend maybe going back and spending some more time with that.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 19, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DW6 has a bad battle system and misses the point of Dynasty warriors which is rad, wacky weapons like a Rocket Lance. Also it's iirc the last game before they actually give Jin their own storyline.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They even took away Zhang He's claws for DW6 and then gave them back in the nigh-unplayable PS2 version of DW6.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Tae posted:

DW6 has a bad battle system and misses the point of Dynasty warriors which is rad, wacky weapons like a Rocket Lance. Also it's iirc the last game before they actually give Jin their own storyline.

I disagree, but only because I disagree that 'the point is silly weapons'.

Random speculation; if they're gonna make a major change, it's got to involve the lesser troops somehow. They've barely ever changed, except to be downgraded(They used to have full combos, now they make this lovely single stab).

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I loved DW6, but there's not really a point to play it when 7 exists.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I kinda hope that they'll make troops more important.
Maybe make it so that you need troops to capture bases and you can just do everything yourself?
Dunno if maybe that would the game very tedious though.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
So for 8XLCE, I finished all the story missions, well except Lu Bu's.

There's like a hypothetical track I know about in the latter half of each campaign. What are the bottom track levels that aren't connected? Are they just like remixes of the story missions from different POVs or something?

Also I guess I was wrong and there are only 1200 weapons you can hold in your inventory so I'm at the max now more often than not. What's safe to sell or whatever besides the obvious starter stuff and early drops? Or is this what ambition mode is for to level up a blacksmith or whatever it is? This also means I can buy/craft better weapons right? Cause after going through all of Wei, Shu, Wu and Jin, the vendor never has anything better than 3-circle level weapons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jack Trades posted:

I kinda hope that they'll make troops more important.
Maybe make it so that you need troops to capture bases and you can just do everything yourself?
Dunno if maybe that would the game very tedious though.

That's what Bladestorm was and uh, yeah

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That's what Bladestorm was and uh, yeah

I'll have to try that out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jack Trades posted:

I'll have to try that out.

Spare yourself. Or play the Nightmare campaign instead of the original, because Christ was it dull.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's amusing how utterly you can break the original game just by using one of the features they added for the new versions just as intended

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
On the other hand, Nightmare, especially Hard Nightmare, requires the extra. It gets NASTY with what it throws at you. Besides which, as I understand it, people had been asking for a way to deal with EXP/SP problems. They got it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im nearing the end of my 2 year journey to 100% sw4 and man, gently caress the hojo castle map. it gets reused a bunch, is really boring, filled with slow to pop objectives and every map that uses it has like a dozen characters

the farewell sanada objective is real annoying to, just refuses to appear

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Starting to get fed up with how weird and buggy ROTK 13 is. I've been playing about 7 or 8 hours in Yellow Turban Scenario under Dong Zhuo, worked all the way up to Rank 1 and I've been taking care of half the drat country when the Anti-Dong Zhuo Coalition kicks in. Only lost Chenliu but somehow in the mix-up the game now considers my permanent home as a Governor to be Changan but all the orders from my ministers come from Luoyang and every time I try to switch my governing city the game tells me I have cities with unassigned governors, keeps my default Return option to Changan, and refuses to let me do any kind of work in the city that I've transferred to. On top of that, if I stay in Changan the amount of work I can do has been effectively halved. I used to be able to bang out city upgrades at +40/+50 a pop with the right facilities and now I struggle to hit +20 despite having 99 in one stat with items. My only option it seems is to just straight-up quit the force and hope that fixes it, but I'd have to re-level all the way back up to Rank 1! What the gently caress Koei?!

edit: Wait maybe the results thing is because of the city's status as High prosperity, just watched Xun Yu with his 106 GOV and Farming 9 struggle to get 40 points in Farming.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 20, 2016

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I love Bladestorm to death but it forever perches on its 60 dollar pedestal

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

RentACop posted:

I love Bladestorm to death but it forever perches on its 60 dollar pedestal

I'm in the same boat. I played so much Bladestorm on PS3, but I'm not paying $60 to revisit it. Especially with Berserk around the corner.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

Starting to get fed up with how weird and buggy ROTK 13 is. I've been playing about 7 or 8 hours in Yellow Turban Scenario under Dong Zhuo, worked all the way up to Rank 1 and I've been taking care of half the drat country when the Anti-Dong Zhuo Coalition kicks in. Only lost Chenliu but somehow in the mix-up the game now considers my permanent home as a Governor to be Changan but all the orders from my ministers come from Luoyang and every time I try to switch my governing city the game tells me I have cities with unassigned governors, keeps my default Return option to Changan, and refuses to let me do any kind of work in the city that I've transferred to. On top of that, if I stay in Changan the amount of work I can do has been effectively halved. I used to be able to bang out city upgrades at +40/+50 a pop with the right facilities and now I struggle to hit +20 despite having 99 in one stat with items. My only option it seems is to just straight-up quit the force and hope that fixes it, but I'd have to re-level all the way back up to Rank 1! What the gently caress Koei?!

edit: Wait maybe the results thing is because of the city's status as High prosperity, just watched Xun Yu with his 106 GOV and Farming 9 struggle to get 40 points in Farming.

I was playing under Liu Bei in that scenario (as a custom officer) and had the game remove 5 cities from me (that we had taken wiping out Yuan Shao) when the "Tao Qian gives up his city" event fired and relocated our entire force to that city.

I'm honestly curious to see what will happen next. Liu Bei has all of Yuah Shao's officers and his cities are empty, so I have no idea what will happen if another event fires for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dang, it gets real easy to steamroll this game once you've built up a city enough and have got the items/Titles/officers around you to crush everyone. Ended my campaign by leading a 300k+ force of all-stars around mopping up a third of China to end the scenario with no real resistance. That supplies refill when you touch a city is nuts!