Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Salean posted:

Just record hellsau reading the monologue from atlas shrugged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
After too many tournament matches "Shoot the IS-3" in Hellsau's voice is forever burned into my brain. To be fair he wouldn't have had to say it so much if we shot the IS-3.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

NotWearingPants posted:

If I was going to use

for a sixth sense image, what would be a good sound to use with it?

here you go:

https://soundcloud.com/hellsau-1/c-1

it'll be like i'm right there telling you how to play, like usual.

e: holy loving poo poo the soundcloud autoplay bullshit is horrible and i hate it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

game dead. so what

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
https://youtu.be/O44cGiCdiyk

Sometimes I wonder if the people playing this game are real people

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just got a challenger. Amazing TD. I love it. Great gun.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Ramsus posted:

Just got a challenger. Amazing TD. I love it. Great gun.

It's even better than the 416!

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

celewign posted:

I lost it at the tiger 2, that was amazing.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

celewign posted:

Had to look up the Tiger II. It's this guy? Well, I've always said that 51% isn't really an improvement over 48% people but goddamn!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
They should just ban all the bad players.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: This hurts me spiritually

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Salean posted:

Just record hellsau reading the monologue from atlas shrugged

lol

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Valle posted:

Had to look up the Tiger II. It's this guy? Well, I've always said that 51% isn't really an improvement over 48% people but goddamn!

51% is the new 43%!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: This hurts me spiritually

+

Szcwczuk posted:

They should just ban all the bad players.

= New thread title gold:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: They should just ban all the bad players.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Dear god, the A-43 gets the same tier V guns as the T-34, and then it's another 65,000 XP before I've unlocked both the A-44 and it's mediocre tier VII gun with 0.45 dispersion? :stare:

Not sure I'm taking on that grind to the 416. Might just stick with the T-34 and stay true to my "only play fun tanks" mantra.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The A-43 is still good though. :confused:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the 76 mm gun is much, much better on the A-43. it's behaves pretty similarly to the E8's M1A2 there.

doubling the stabilization, aim speed and rof does wonders for a gun, whoda thunk. there's also the 57 mm ZiS-4 in case you're hellsau.

Prav fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jul 19, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dear god, the A-43 gets the same tier V guns as the T-34, and then it's another 65,000 XP before I've unlocked both the A-44 and it's mediocre tier VII gun with 0.45 dispersion? :stare:

Not sure I'm taking on that grind to the 416. Might just stick with the T-34 and stay true to my "only play fun tanks" mantra.

The A-43 is way, way, more fun than the T-34. Grind the A-43 with the 76 (which was specifically buffed on this tank) and free XP the A-44.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

celewign posted:

The streamer throwing his tank away like a retard is what makes this so good. Sure just sit there and trade shots with zero cover in the open. Good plan.

Fuzzy: The A-43 has lots of go fast and the the 57 on it still does more than enough to get the job done. Don't know about the 76...personally rocked the 57. As for the A-44 you likely already have the 107 unlocked from the T-150 or KV line. It carries over.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

eh, it was worth it to try to get the cdc and sta out. He misses a shot on the cdc, which was what got him killed. And the cdc made a pretty lucky shot to get that kill

edit: like losing 90% of the hp on a tier 6 to kill two 8s is a trade I'd make every time. But his escape route was sloppy. I might do it too if up against a pile of yellow and orange players

Salean fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 19, 2016

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Well, the CDC's tracks ate one, which is pretty funny.

For what it's worth, Circon is doing stunt one-sitting three-marking there, so naturally he wants as much damage as possible.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Salean posted:

eh, it was worth it to try to get the cdc and sta out. He misses a shot on the cdc, which was what got him killed. And the cdc made a pretty lucky shot to get that kill

edit: like losing 90% of the hp on a tier 6 to kill two 8s is a trade I'd make every time. But his escape route was sloppy. I might do it too if up against a pile of yellow and orange players

The fact that he approaches both tanks with the front of his 12T already tells me already he isn't doing this correctly. I'm totally with you on the trade, but just shake my head at the execution of it. Get there, flip the 12T around, take out the STA, hug the wall for cover, shoot the CDC, and then bail following the trade of 1 shot for 2 more. His team is already way up on tanks and HP so why chance it? It leaves the 12T with enough HP for another full trade and time to get a full drum to finish the CDC off.

Edit:

The Merry Marauder posted:

For what it's worth, Circon is doing stunt one-sitting three-marking there, so naturally he wants as much damage as possible.

Well you can't do any damage when you're dead now can you :colbert:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The streamer throwing his tank away like a retard is what makes this so good. Sure just sit there and trade shots with zero cover in the open. Good plan.

Fuzzy: The A-43 has lots of go fast and the the 57 on it still does more than enough to get the job done. Don't know about the 76...personally rocked the 57. As for the A-44 you likely already have the 107 unlocked from the T-150 or KV line. It carries over.

Yeah, with all of the aforementioned, I might just grab the A-43 anyway. But I have literally nothing else Russian unlocked outside of the SU-85B, so nothing carries over. This is just my gimmick NA account during school, so it's basically bee-lines to fun tanks, nothing else that would give me any synergy.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I don't know how good you are at this game, but I bet even money you aren't as good as Circon. Remember guys, stats are all that matter in this RNG based game!

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

I will literally kill myself if one of my friends has a higher WN8 than me

bonelord
Feb 21, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I can't tell if you got it or not, but the chat program we now use is "Discord", which we affectionately refer to as "dicksword." Sorry if you hadn't been informed of that earlier.

In the absence of a specific error number or whatever, I can suggest trying to reinstall WoT with as few background processes running as possible, particularly antivirus and the like. You could try it in selective startup mode.

I can scrounge up screenshots for the other tabs, but in the meantime I think that's about 1700 base XP if I did my math correctly.

It lives! I am a win 10 genius. I posted some snapchats of my process, maybe you missed them. Thanks for caring.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

celewign posted:

I don't know how good you are at this game, but I bet even money you aren't as good as Circon. Remember guys, stats are all that matter in this RNG based game!

He is likely way better than me...and yet he still did a dumb thing and got killed when he really didn't need too. :shrug:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

While this is from a while ago when team battles were still a thing, when Circon encountered a team of goons in it, he immediately balked at their tryhard purple stats and proceeded to hellcamp. He had north spawn on Steppes and spend the entire game sitting behind the railway getting shot to poo poo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's almost as if... even the best players... make mistakes?!? :magical:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've never made a mistake. only happy little accidents.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Nordick posted:

Naw I'm basically flawless.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Nordick posted:

The only mistake they made was playing this awful game.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Infected posted:

While this is from a while ago when team battles were still a thing, when Circon encountered a team of goons in it, he immediately balked at their tryhard purple stats and proceeded to hellcamp. He had north spawn on Steppes and spend the entire game sitting behind the railway getting shot to poo poo.

i think you are forgetting that the goons had brought all their most op tanks

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Any player that manages to get under 45% suddenly gets shunted to a new MM where they begin playing against bots that always miss. They get to feel that they're gods amongst men, but no matter how many times they win, their win rate doesn't increase. If they ever manage to lose against these never-win bots, which are programmed to talk poo poo about "tomatos" and XVM et al to keep up the charade, they're put into a "Milton" category (a la Office Space) where their own shots will always miss and they'll get progressively less silver until every battle will be a loss in silver until they're bankrupt. Like in the movie, just stop paying them, and they'll eventually just leave.

WG gets players who think everyone else is worse than they are, kicking their Dunning-Kruger into overdrive, leading to them being happier and spending more money.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i want them to suffer though. where's the suffering, BIG HEADLINE?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Can't argue with this.

That said, I played ten games tonight with my clanbuddy and while a few of them were pretty meh, we actually had fun a lot more than not, even ending the session on a high note with a hilarious tier 2-3 pubstomp where we got to tear into hapless pubbies with his BT-7Art. and my PzIC. Just like the good old days. :unsmith:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

https://www.vg247.com/2016/07/19/overwatch-competitives-percentile-based-skill-rating-was-a-mistake-says-director/

Not directly tanks-related, but the above describes the Overwatch skill rating system and dumb players not understanding how stats work. It turns out that 60% in Overwatch, just like in WoT, is FAR above average.

Edit: Might as well add this since nobody else has posted:

:getin:

A pretty meh low-tier outing, but I'll take it. GG Riller & buglord!

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 20, 2016

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Any tips for the ARL 44? Being huge with no armour and a gun that takes years to aim is pretty tough.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

Well I just played through The Witness and now playing World of Tanks doesn't seem like such a big mistake.

what a pile of pretentious bullshit

metro 2033 and metro last light were really good though, and also undertale was great

Also, Valle and whoever else is in - is the Sandbox still basically useless, or have they made some actual changes?

Zettace posted:

Any tips for the ARL 44? Being huge with no armour and a gun that takes years to aim is pretty tough.

Use the 105mm, use only APCR, snapshot constantly, DO NOT AIM. If you sit there and aim your shots, you're a huge armorless target. Try to play at between 100-300 meters. If you pop out over a hill or obstacle to blap some poor bastard for 330 damage and then are gone before they can target you, you're doing it right. Basically just blap people for the first few minutes, then once people are weak you can kill off anyone under 600 HP while taking one of their shots in return.

The tank used to have a medium turret face and a reasonable upper hull, and now the turret face is paper and the upper hull only bounces tier 4 stuff. Just use the 105mm gun and have fun with great alpha and pen.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 20, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

That sucks. I remember actually enjoying it back when the line came out. It was basically a Tiger at T6, although I have heard that the Tiger got buffed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Zettace posted:

Aside from what Hellsau said, you can use the middle 90mm as well. Aims a bit faster, if not exactly superfast. And 170 pen is still pretty good at tier 6, especially if you throw in some of those 248 pen APCR shells when needed.

PS: The 105mm gun has a really rare premium shell, instead of just giving more pen it also gives 10% bonus damage. I seem to recall finding 1-2 other guns/shells in the game that were like this but I've forgotten which ones. Bit strange but hey, bonus damage!

Valle fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jul 20, 2016